Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I heard you're tired of "elo hell"

Creator: FalseoGod June 6, 2013 10:14am
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 10:14am | Report
Disclaimer: I am assuming that you know the champs you're playing, you know what the items in the game do and you know how to build. If you're a support leona with warmog's then skip this, look up how to build leona, and read this again.

Ok, so as some of you may know I have been playing ranked on my bf's account now and then. He is silver v, I'm supposed to take him to silver I (cba playing on THAT division again) so I've been doing one or two games per day, and he does other two while I watch and tip him.

Conclusion:

Getting to Gold V isn't hard at all (apart from topping silver I, which can be a bit of a gamble), all you need is one thing: the desire to win. Because really, you're paired with people who don't want to win and you are against people who also don't want to win.

So what do people at those elos reaaally want? Kills. Kills so your score es gud so you can show your friends you don't deserve to be in "elo hell", kills because that's how the game is won (what, enemy team is destroying the nexus? No way, they can't, we got 329213490371 more kills then them).

Just put it in your head: towers win games. Barons and dragons win games. Good calls win games. Flooding your enemy team with minions from sidelanes instead of going ALL MID NOW for 30 minutes wins games. Baiting, pressing your advantage without getting cocky, all that pushes you towards victory.

Now chasing a ****ing nidalee/ezreal/kassadin/vi/whatever through the jungle without knowing where the rest of the enemy team is loses games. Pointless engages, engages when you lost every tf and you have no tangible advantage (great initiation, numeric advantage), trying to interrupt a baron with a 10%HP nami, blaming people, ignoring people, facechecking vs a blitz/thresh/high CC team pre 1:30 into the game (buy wards and put them in your blue/red entrances, doh?) trying to 1v5 coz you're fed, roaming pointlessly while your enemy laner regains cs, or even feeding other lanes while that happens, all that **** loses games.

Just focus on goals. They are fed? Is it (at least) pre Gold Elo? Then don't surrender, coz they are gonna be arrogant and greedy as ****, just learn how to bait their own failure or farm to keep up in levels and you'll do fine. If you can't coz you're "stuck at support", then keep your distance if you're that kind of support, let them engage and cc their faces off. The more fed a team at these elos, the harder they want to throw.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 1:13pm | Report

Yes it isnt hard to get to gold, it only took me 800 games T.T
What kept me in silver so long is the back that every silver rages and i blamed my teammates rather than myself for each game. Mechanics can carry you to gold but not mechanics alone, you need to not flame your teammates.
i need to delete this account
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 3:15pm | Report
Interesting thread. Well spoke
Don't +rep me im a bad person
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 6:35pm | Report
Flaming isn't necessarily the issue (of course starting with a "**** you let's double mid" isn't exactly amazing), rather your attitude itself. In these games I suffered two defeats, one 4/1 Caitlyn game and a 1/2/20 Lulu game, both of which my other team mates had died at least 6 times more than me (lulu game kennen and riven died 18 times each) and were more focused in blaming the jungler/mid/top for the way the game was going than actually focusing on coming back to the game/defending themselves from invasions/ganks with wards/etc and actually getting in their heads that they weren't dealing damage nor surviving any of their engages.

I do get that leaving Silver I can be a bit more annoying than usual, the skill gaps between players can be abysmal and make for really strange mixes, at least from Silver IV under 90% of the players are decidedly not very good, and in Gold V you can once again see that the overall skill average is more consistent but less challenging than it can be on Silver I.

At least this is my experience, and I have other friends that felt the same.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide