Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Type of matches.

Creator: Banishedd December 5, 2012 11:42am
13 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Banishedd
<Member>
Banishedd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 11:42am | Report
Is it preferable to do 3vs3 matches or 5vs5 matches. Just asking what everyone's opinion is on this.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 4:46pm | Report
Depends on what you want. 5s is pretty much standard, you can expect a 30-50 minute game from a match. Most tournaments and most guides focus on 5s content, so you will get more advice and content if you play alot of 5s. 3s is more for if you want to IP farm (shorter matches, 25-35 minutes) and are more interested in having constant teamfights starting at lvl 1 instead of a 20 minute lanephase followed by 20 minutes of teamfights. Plus it is easier to get a full team in 3s and easier to communicate. Its just different, really depends on what you're in the mood for. I used to do alot of 3s before it moved to the Shadow Isles, because it was considered a "broken" map, and I knew how to break it.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Heazle
<Lead VO Artist>
Heazle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 4:48am | Report
I would say if you're playing Solo, play 5's and try to make some friends!

The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 8:35am | Report
Just a little rant here: Im angry at 3s. It used to be a few formulas worked on the old 3s. Now it's pretty much "which team has the better teemo". Thats about it. And im sick of playing against teemo and dealing with shrooms.

That is all.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 4:26am | Report

Just a little rant here: Im angry at 3s. It used to be a few formulas worked on the old 3s. Now it's pretty much "which team has the better teemo". Thats about it. And im sick of playing against teemo and dealing with shrooms.

That is all.

no just no

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2012 8:42am | Report
What do you mean "no just no"? Every match I have played in the last 2 weeks or so has seen 2 teemos and their tag-alongs.
Raptor4790
<Member>
Raptor4790's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 10:06am | Report
Totally depends on what you prefer. Just a different scenario, really.
devdevil
<Member>
devdevil's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 8:51pm | Report
3v3 for a quick game, 5v5 I usually do to have fun, and if I have the time.

+rep me if you think I did something cool enough to deserve it!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2013 9:03am | Report
Everything revolves around 5v5, so if you want to improve at the game, you will play mainly 5v5's. 3v3 is something "on the side", which is fun and quick to play, whereas 5v5, as mentioned before me, takes longer, but as it involves more people, it's a lot more challenging, since it depends on everyone fulfilling their role the best they can :)
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Retribution
<Member>
Retribution's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2013 12:13pm | Report
If you have the time, playing 5s is always optimal. Since almost all competitive games are played in the 5s setting (With the exception to Ranked 3s--Does that queue still exist?), as well as most of the game strategies being based on 5s, playing 5s would benefit you the most as a player.

In general:

Play 3s or Dominion if you are short on time, since those games take anywhere between 10-30 minutes, and are the shortest.
Play ARAM if you just want to chill and relax.
Any other time, you should play 5s, since those are the most beneficial. 5s typically take anywhere between 20 minutes to over an hour, so I recommend you set aside at least 1 hour 15 minutes before you start a 5s game.
If you have any further questions regarding my comments, feel free to PM me, and I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

If I have helped out, a +rep would be appreciated!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide