Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Viable Tanks

Creator: SpoonyBard November 21, 2010 11:29am
27 posts - page 2 of 3
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 8:16am | Report
Sorry Grave... and if you think about it, posting a champ twice means that said champ is s good choice... After all the more you talk of a champ, the mosre inclined people are to try them

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 9:12am | Report
It's always going to be SHEN, for top tank. There are other "Easier" to use tanks in my opinion, but Shen used in the right hands is like a Tank-Carry.

Other choices are obviously Amumu, Malphite, Nunu, Galio.

My personal favorite to have on my team though is Sion, if the player knows what he's doing, Sion is a beast of a tank.

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 4:12pm | Report
JACN wrote:

It's always going to be SHEN, for top tank. There are other "Easier" to use tanks in my opinion, but Shen used in the right hands is like a Tank-Carry.

Other choices are obviously Amumu, Malphite, Nunu, Galio.

My personal favorite to have on my team though is Sion, if the player knows what he's doing, Sion is a beast of a tank.

Thing is, Sion doesn't have AoE CC like shen, amumu, galio, and Malphite do.

Nunu seriously shouldn't be considered a tank, neither should Gragas.

JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2010 5:39am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

Thing is, Sion doesn't have AoE CC like shen, amumu, galio, and Malphite do.

Nunu seriously shouldn't be considered a tank, neither should Gragas.

Yea I agree that the tanks with the better AoE initiators and battle changing CC abilties are usually better. Nunu has both as well, he has a strong initiator, a solid chasing ability, and an AoE Slow/Nuke. His Ultimate can easily change battle, so many times have I seen it used and the enemy team flash out, attempt to run out, etc etc. It usually ends up getting the whole enemy team killed.

He's also one of the most solid laners in the game. Nunu doesn't get enough credit as the Hybrid Mage/Tank that he is.

Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2010 6:27am | Report
Depends on what you are looking for. Shen isn't banned that often, rammus is amazing with ganks, malphite has some good initiate and nukes but is a little squishy, udyr can be build pretty tanky, olaf has some good tankability, galio is a good MR tank, chogath is a fantastic tank with warmogs and Force of Nature, gragas is unstoppable late game, taric is a pretty good tank, etc. Really whoever you want to play as a tank, you can.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2010 5:25pm | Report
Rammus is good, but pays off more as a DPS in team fights. His single target taunt helps a lot though.
I have seen Mordekaiser stand against the entire other team by himself without dying. My friend, iBaconator, is absolutely the only person I have seen that can stand there fighting the entire enemy team waiting for us to join "You guys gonna come help?" Best tank I have ever played with. Really great meat shield if nothing else.
Sion, Cho'Gath, and Vladimir are great for being healthstacked but don't really survive long enough to do anything. They often forget that defence really helps too. Cho'Gath has great CC.

Everybody knows Amumu kicks ***. Galio and Nunu are only tanky with their ults tbh, and the 2 together is damn near untouchable.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 12:03pm | Report
If you're looking for a challenge...
Tankplank. He isn't as tanky as some other characters mentioned, but he can still dish out serious damage. His ultimate is amazing CC, and he has the best 'cleanse' skill in the game. He can even boost allies' attack speed and movement speed. I play tankplank all the time, and I have great success with him. Give him a go if you want something unique.

EDIT: oh, you wanted a 'viable' tank. In that case, maybe just play tankplank for kicks.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2010 4:13pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

If you're looking for a challenge...
Tankplank. He isn't as tanky as some other characters mentioned, but he can still dish out serious damage. His ultimate is amazing CC, and he has the best 'cleanse' skill in the game. He can even boost allies' attack speed and movement speed. I play tankplank all the time, and I have great success with him. Give him a go if you want something unique.

EDIT: oh, you wanted a 'viable' tank. In that case, maybe just play tankplank for kicks.

Tankplank isn't that horrible of an idea. He has his moments. lol

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2010 4:03am | Report
Tank Annie (Chaotic Bliss is working on one), she has AoE Stun/Nuke and has a shield with a Thornmail like effect.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2010 6:26am | Report
I have stacked sunfires on Annie before, hehe. But then again I have stacked sunfires on plenty of my champions just for lolz. Annie is seriously anti-ranged (AD).
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide