Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Spotlight: Trundle, the Troll King

Creator: Mowen April 29, 2013 8:12pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 7:48pm | Report
uhm no

i'm upset because riot does this and then ignores all the criticism and fans of the original trundle.

and then half ***es his 'traditional' skin.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 7:51pm | Report
I really haven't seen any one but you complain about it.

Sure his original lore was better, but now he's more recognizable and easier to relate with. And I don't know what you're talking about, his traditional skin is pretty baller, imo. be happy they kept the old particle effects :p

Sejuani got the ****py traditional skin if you ask me. :p
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 7:53pm | Report

I really haven't seen any one but you complain about it.

Sure his original lore was better, but now he's more recognizable and easier to relate with. And I don't know what you're talking about, his traditional skin is pretty baller, imo. be happy they kept the old particle effects :p

Sejuani got the ****py traditional skin if you ask me. :p

did you not see my previous post? his q sounds and effects are the trondle ones, not the old one. hence half-***ed.

secondly, go read the forums. there are several very long drawn out posts that talk in a manner much more professional than i do, saying why old trundle is better than the new one, and riot gives some posts about how they just got out of pax or something blah blah we'll talk about it, then one red post of some long drawn out reasoning that ignores everyones question, and riot says nothing about it again.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 7:59pm | Report
Time will tell. Riot made the change to give a breath of fresh air to a champion that no one really paid attention to. Sometimes popularity comes at a price of originality.

Riot doesn't even really have to respond to stuff like that. At least they tried to keep Trundles old image for the diehards, that's more than any other company woulda done. But at the end of the day it's their game and they can do what they want with it. They aren't forcing you to play Trundle in his new state. if you don't like new Trundle, find a new champion you do like. This isn't exactly complicated.

Seriously, I feel like you are just on a Riot witch hunt sometimes. :p
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 8:38pm | Report
That's always the trouble with champ remakes. You piss off the people who already loved the champ and are the truest fans, but you get a lot of other people to try them and hopefully earn new fans.

It's impossible to make everyone happy, and I don't think it was the wrong decision for Riot to make. I also appreciate that they're trying to interconnect more champ's lore. I can see why old trundle fans would be upset though since it was a pretty drastic change.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 9:12pm | Report
Mowen sums everything up exactly right. XD

I admit I'm more emotionaless about it, because the way I look at it, Riot makes less money by having champions that hardly any one plays. Any route they can take to improve the rate at which people play champions, they'll take. It's just business.

How often had you ever seen Trundle with a skin before? You hardly saw Trundle alone, let alone with a skin. Playing in 3 games today I've seen every skin but his new default. Alone, today the sales of trundle and his skins probably made them more money than trundles existence in the last 6 months.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 9:13pm | Report
Some lore changes are honestly pretty bad, like the Soraka/Warwick one. Soraka went from being a fearsome astral being to some naive kid that got tricked.

I'm okay with the Trundle lore change because it was a thematic necessity and the new lore fits with the setting Riot is trying to introduce.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 10:14pm | Report
who gives a flying **** about how much money riot makes. they make a **** ton of money off of other champions and skins.

also, how is trundles lore change a thematic necessity? because there it is not necessary to make him a ******ed bully.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 1:08am | Report
So is your main issue the fact that his sounds are different or his lore (or both)? Personally I'd say his new voice/sounds will take some getting used to, but other than that they kept his kit almost exactly the same so I think they did a good job on that and well... I'm sorry, but if we're going to name things that people shouldn't "give a flying **** about", lore is at the top of my list.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 1:32am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

So is your main issue the fact that his sounds are different or his lore (or both)? Personally I'd say his new voice/sounds will take some getting used to, but other than that they kept his kit almost exactly the same so I think they did a good job on that and well... I'm sorry, but if we're going to name things that people shouldn't "give a flying **** about", lore is at the top of my list.

my issue is the lore. his sounds, particles, and effects are appropriate.

my issue about the traditional skin is that, while i would expect the animation to be of the new trundle model, the chomping noise is of the new voice, not the old one. furthermore, his club glows an icy blue, again of the new trundle and not the old.

my problem with the lore is that they took one of the few unique and interesting league characters and turned them into some extremely generic brute. furthermore, his set was designed to be about decay and regeneration, which, apart from the e, translates poorly to the new ice theme.

otherwise, the skill rework is just fine and dandy.

and its not just trundle, but gragas and udyr as well, were very sloppily pushed into this freljord stuff. i wouldn't be surprised if olaf also gets a lore rewrite, and that fits sloppily as well. this entire thing seems poorly handled, and as mentioned above, riot seems to be brushing most criticism aside and ignoring those of us who are extremely upset by the new trundle.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide