Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Halloween Giveaway!

Creator: Hades4u October 24, 2022 2:00am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 2:00am | Report

Hey everyone and welcome to our Special Halloween Giveaway! 🎃

Our favourite spooky holiday is finally here and there's no better way to celebrate together than sharing stories and creations, and of course, receiving sweets! Not sweets in our case as we're all over the world and shipping would be tricky, but we've got some RP that's just as sweet for you to enjoy (and it's calories free)!

Some of us don't celebrate Halloween at all and others cannot because of everything that's been going on the past years. That won't stop us from having fun together as a community and enjoying ourselves, as it's a great part of the year that everyone should have the chance to enjoy.

Find out below how to take part in the event, and remember, there is always a reason to celebrate! 😊

Spooky Scary Rewards!

We don't want to keep you distracted from your inspiration so we'll be quick about the prizes. There will be 20 winners that will receive a $15 RP Code each. In addition, their replies will be featured on the front page in the winners announcement post.

To spice things up, the winners won't be randomly picked for this event. All the entries will be checked by the MOBAFire Team and we will pick our favourite ones. Before the panic sets in, we will pick the ones that we've enjoyed the most, not the longest or the fanciest or anything like that. It's important to have fun while sharing your stories and creations and we will as well!

If you're not a fan of writing and you prefer sharing your inner artistry, we would also like to see your own Halloween drawings and pumpkin carvings. You create them... and they'll tell their own stories!

We're not done yet - everyone who takes part in the event will receive a special Halloween Bat badge! Take part now and add it to your collection, or lose it for all eternity! *dramatic sound effect.mp3*

Now The Fun Part!
Pick your favourite and reply to this post until the 31st of October at 23:59 PM PST. 🕒

Share a fun Halloween story - If you have memory of a fun occurrence during past Halloween celebrations, we would like to read about it! Can be a real life story or something that happened during an in-game Halloween event, it's up to you to share your favourite one! Make sure it's your own story or this ghost 👻 won't be as friendly as it looks!

Tell us about your favourite Halloween candy - Everyone has a candy of choice that always brightens the gloomiest of days! Tell us about your favourite one and why it's so good and find out if anyone shares the same feeling. Can be the one you'd like to receive while trick or treating, or simply the one you enjoy the most. Any licorice fans? 🍭

Share your favourite scary movie - The best time of the year to enjoy scary movies together. We've seen plenty of them but we'd like to add more to our watchlist, and your recommendations might do the trick. Tell us about your favourite movie, but please avoid the spooky spoilers, and see if you'll find other fans of the same movie! If you prefer TV series or YouTube videos instead, feel free to also tell us about those! Anything that's scary goes. 🎬

Create a Halloween drawing - Over the years we've witnessed many aspiring artists in our community and we want to give them the chance to join the event using their creations. Create a Halloween themed drawing, include your MOBAFire username and signature and share it here for everyone to marvel at! 🎨

Share a picture of your Halloween pumpkin carving - What's Halloween without carved pumpkins? Well, not Halloween. Since October started, we've seen so many great pumpkins already and we're curious about our community's carving skills. Show us your pumpkin joined by your MOBAFire username on a piece of paper and let us get spooked! 😱

Thank you all for being here and we're very excited to see your replies! Please let us know what you think about this community event and our Halloween themed changes, we have more cool ideas planned for you. :)
Sernerhus
<Member>
Sernerhus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 8:13am | Report
Not mine but look crazy
Metallichydra
<Member>
Metallichydra's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 9:02am | Report
I would definitely recommend "Night of the living dead". It's a really good movie, although the lack of color may take away from the horror / scariness.

For those that don't like black/white movies, watch Other side of the box. It's a short film on youtube, that I found pretty good. And scary.
And while it's not a movie, rather a game (And yes, I know I probably shouldn't talk about other games than league og Legends, but in this case it's because it's a scary game, and also because it's not a competitor in any way. Singleplayer, not a game you would abandon league over.)

Spoiler: Click to view

(Also, if you don't allow this, just delete this or tell me and I'll just edit this out)

I hope these recommendations will help you get in the right mood for hallowen!
Yuumi is a really hard champion, with a high skill cap.
PrestigeGalaxy
<Member>
PrestigeGalaxy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 9:16am | Report
🎃 My Halloween Masterpiece 🎃
Banana Pirate
<Member>
Banana Pirate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 12:41pm | Report
My favorite Horror Movie is Jaws.
Jaws is a movie about a killer shark that unleashes chaos on a beach community off Cape Cod, it's up to a local sheriff, a marine biologist, and an old seafarer to hunt the beast (but there's a lot more to it). Great directing by Steven Spielberg (one of the best directors in my opinion) and an unforgettable theme by John Williams. Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw are all phenomenal actors and really sell the movie. There was no CGI at the time so all everything you see in the movie is actually real! The editing is done in a way where they blend between footage of real shark and animatronic constantly so that it never just feels like a robot shark but a real life threating monster.
A classic horror movie that's fun but also scary enough to keep you out of the ocean for a while; plus, it doesn't have to many adult themes so you can even show it to your whole family.
leevidavinci
<Member>
leevidavinci's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 1:22pm | Report
Me and my good friend at age of about 10 and 7 years old respectively went trick or treating on the 31st of October on a Saturday as, y'know, Halloween day is the 31st as Wikipedia said. So we got dripped up, I was a glorious witch and he was a zombie or something and we went trick or treating around the neighbourhood. We didn't see any trick or treaters while going around, which I didn't find too odd at the time, as Halloween isn't that big in Finland thanks to companies not cashing out on it like Coca Cola did for Christmas.

It was going fine, although we weren't getting much candy, much to our disappointment. We did get some coins though from people who didn't want to disappoint two children, which was rather nice of them. However, one of the people we went knocking on told us "Halloween day isn't today, it's tomorrow on Sunday" and refused to give us anything. This is the greatest betrayal from an adult I have suffered in my life. Neither of us knew that in Finland, trick or treating is done on the Sunday closest to Halloween day, not on Halloween day itself. We did get a small haul of candy and some pocket money, but to this day I still cringe at us going trick or treating on the wrong day and I still remember me going to ask my dad if we went trick or treating on the wrong day, haha.
Hazardist
<Stalker>
Hazardist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 4:05pm | Report
I live in South America, and for the Halloween of last year an online friend from Estonia (almost 10000 kilometers away!) I was sent a box full of candy typical from there and they were SO so good, especially the chocolates which were the best I've ever tried in my life. What makes this special for me is the fact that a festivity typically associated with America managed to connect two people from so far away, and leave a memory that lasts over the years.

Sadly I don't keep pictures of the candy so I'll have to resort to stock photos, but I can't stress enough that if you ever come across one like this, you totally have to try it!

BradJr
<Member>
BradJr's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2022 10:49pm | Report
Hello! I am here to share with you one of my Halloween stories.

This happened at about 9 PM in 2018, exactly on Halloween day.

As you mentioned in the guide, yes, not all of us celebrate Halloween in our cultures, so it was nice to do something on this day, for once.

Me and a group of my friends (there were 4 of us in total) all went to my vacation home in the town near our city, and we decided to watch a movie, Saw IVs specifically. Around the middle of the movie, there was music that was getting you ready for a jumpscare. Near the end of the tune, where the jumpscare was incoming, someone's phone rang with this ringtone.

Best part? Not one second later the jumpscare actually came in and we all got jumpscared to the beat of a Samsung ringtone.
TXK_
<Member>
TXK_'s Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 3:51am | Report
Heyy, this is my entry for the Halloween pumpkin carving.
I know it's not League of Legends related but with the anime Chainsaw Man airing I thought it only fitting I carved a pumpkin for CSM's best girl.
Hope you like it.Happy Halloween everyone!
V1kt0r555
<Member>
V1kt0r555's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 4:00am | Report
I love watching horror movies. There are a lot of best horror movies that I really love to watch but I am going to show you which 3 movies I like and describe about:

1. The Exorcist (1973)

Starring: Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow, Lee J. Cobb, Kitty Winn, Jack MacGowran, Jason Miller and Linda Blair

An old horror movie that is one of the best and grossest movie in 1973 year. The horror film is about a young girl who is possessed by a demon who is attempted to be rescued by a pair of Chatolic priests. This movie has a lot of screams, blood, some strong languages and it's defenitely not for kids to watch. It actually scared me when I was 16 when I wathed this movie for the first time but now as an adult, I found funny about spinning head on some scenes. This is movie where some like to watch several times and it's worth to watch it again at Halloween.

2. The Shining (1980)

Starring: Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Scatman Crothers, and Danny Lloyd

This horror movie is about Jack, his wife Wendy and son Danny. They travel on isolated historic Overlook Hotel in the Colorado Rockies due to Jack's problem with alcohol who is recovering from it. After several days, Jack has mental issues and has a dreams of killing his family, Then, he threatens his wife to kill her and his son. His wife and son tries to escape from hotel but they cannot due to large snows outside hotel. There is a perfect line where he said: "Here's Johnny!" which made me laugh. After they have managed to escape from hotel, Jack follows the false trail until he became frozen to death.

3. Hereditary (2018)

Starring: Toni Collette, Alex Wolff, Milly Shapiro and Gabriel Byrne

This horror movie is one of the greatest of all time. This movie is about Annie, her husband Steve, her son Peter and her daughter Charlie. When Peter and Charlie went together to the party, Charlie who is allergic to nuts, she eated chocolate cake which containet wainuts. She couldn't breathe and Peter tried to take her to hospital. She opened a car window for air but she ended up decapitated by the sigil telephone pole. Peter shocked drive back home and her mother grieves and blames him for Charlie's death. Atfer that, Annie decided to do seance to cmmunicate Charlie but it ends horribly. When Annie tells Steve to burn the book, he accuses Annie for being ill and she throws at the fireplace. Steve was burning to death and Annie has become possessed by King Paimon himself. The next night, Peter finds his dad corpse dead and her mother tried to kill her, he escaped in attic. Peter watches her mor decapitated her head before diving out of attic window to escape. Peter then become possessedd by King, he follows his mother's body into treehouse. There, he founds other mebers and now he is crowned as a Charlie addressed by Joan.
1 2 3 4 5

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide