Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Halloween Giveaway!

Creator: Hades4u October 24, 2022 2:00am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

theant01
<Member>
theant01's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 5:35am | Report
Some years ago i participated in an halloween event with my friends and with my two dogs too, and we had some halloween masks (based on various halloween movies), the fun part of this story is when my dogs didn't recognize me (because i had a mask too) and they barked at me everytime i had my mask on. I love my silly dogs :3
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 6:46am | Report
It's this time of the year again. Yeaaaaay :D

Usually what I do in local Halloween competitions is that I recommend scary movies. Movies I think everyone should watch because of how cool and awesome and scary they are. This year however I will do the absolute opposite because I found a thriller movie so strong that I actually feel like it should NOT be seen. The movie I DON'T WANT you to watch is Speak no evil. The movie by itself doesn't follow almost any of Halloween movie standards - there are no serial killers, no maniacs with axes, no jumpscares, and no creepy monsters hiding in the shadows. This movie is about something much scarier and way way more real. You see, this movie is about human intuition and psychology, and how our politeness and kindness can sometimes betray us.

You know that feeling when you meet someone new and everything about them just feels... wrong? That malevolent evil shiver going down your spine? When all your senses are telling you there is nothing to be afraid of but your intuition knows that something is not alright? This is what Speak no evil is about. It's the feeling of unease by things you can't describe. The voice in your head telling you to run away as fast as you can even though you don't know why. You think that your intuition is just making things up, you silence the voice, maybe you'll even apologize for acting weird, and awkwardly laugh it off. But the terrorizing feeling of unease remains...

I know I am being a bit cryptic while describing this movie but you need to understand that the plot doesn't matter here at all. It's all about feelings, vibes, emotions, and all the invisible stuff happening in everyone's head. That's where the true horror of this movie comes from.

So why do I not recommend this movie? Easy answer. I watched this movie expecting a good old feeling of fear and adrenaline - instead, after watching the movie I felt an extreme feeling of hopelessness. This movie actually ruined the rest of my day. It made me feel hopeless, scared, and anxious all at the same time. That's why I definitely don't recommend this movie. It's just too much. Even for Halloween - the level of creepiness and horror in this movie is beyond your understanding. Do yourself a favor and watch something that won't make you feel like a tortured corpse :P

You have been warned.
ShadesofCool
<Member>
ShadesofCool's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 9:21am | Report
I am here to stand up for my favorite Halloween candy, Candy Corn.

It is much maligned - I've seen memes! - but to me it is delicious. It is easy to overwhelm one with syrupy sweetness, to the point where my teeth feel brittle and my tongue feels furry, but when you eat just enough at just the right rate...it's confectionary Valhalla.
minervatheory
<Member>
minervatheory's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 11:48am | Report
I'm not one for scary movies, but I will stumble across YouTube channels sometimes and binge on creepy content. My favourite creator is Chills who makes a lot of Top # videos about spooky or "paranormal" occurrences. I hate watching them because I can't sleep at night, but they are so addicting.
MpourmpouXD
<Member>
MpourmpouXD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 12:03pm | Report
It was a rainy night .I had a very bad argument with my parents this night. I left the house for the night. I didnt know where to go so i just walked around outside. My school is pretty far away from home so i decided to go there and spend the night!

Welp , arriving at school i was exhausted and wanted to sleep. I went to sit behind my school in a little spot me and my bois chill. Suddenly everything changed. Everything was black, it was like i was blind. I started hearing noises like *footsteps*....someone was walking to me. This happened many times and every single time i would hear the footsteps i would gt up and kinda-shout to "get back" or something like that. The footsteps stopped but as the time passed i started noticing more details and hearing more weird sounds. There was a very big tree where i was sitting. It had huge branches . And im dead serious , it was like a monster staring at me. I got so scared i didnt move or breath. I started at it (i didnt know what it was back then since it was so dark i could see nothing) The footsteps came back . I could hear someone stepping over the leafs and breaking them again. Boi i was so scared. I tried to stay calm . I knew all this couldnt be real or that there are no monsters but still something was off.

Well ... the creepy part about this is that this night there has been a murder in a building right next to my school. The foot steps i heard were real and it was probably the killer going on circles around school trying not to be seen by anyone. Because yeah m school is very isolated but if you follow the road you get to the main street and there are hell lot of people there 24/7. So the murderer was there with me the entire time... The tree monster of course wasnt real

The murderer was caught a few hours later .
TEMPEST2002511
<Member>
TEMPEST2002511's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 12:16pm | Report
IcedCoffeeee
<Member>
IcedCoffeeee's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 4:37pm | Report
My favorite scary movie is "Halloween" with Michael Myers

There was once a time where I wasn't crazy about horror but over-time I have grown to appreciate it. Halloween really is a true classic of its genre, it is genuinely scary, taut and is pretty much the only movie of the franchise in my opinion that is not only truly effective after all this time but also where everything works.

Halloween is very well made for starters, with atmospheric lighting and camera angles definite things to like. The score is resolutely haunting, the story is tightly paced and compelling, John Carpenter's direction is superb with some inspired, efficient techniques and while I have heard better the dialogue is good enough with some sharpness and nothing really that stands out as too cheesy or stilted.

The acting is very good, and the characters especially Michael Myers are iconic. Jamie Lee Curtis is more than just a pretty face, her acting seems very genuine and she gives her character welcome gravitas. Donald Pleasance is excellent too, while Michael Myers as a character is the personification of terror.

Halloween also works so well because of its atmosphere. It doesn't rely on excessive and cheap gore to make its point, or frenzied camera angles and the like. What it has is real suspense and genuine jolts especially in the last twenty minutes.
Hello hope you have a good day
zotet
<Member>
zotet's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2022 4:44pm | Report
I am currently unable to upload an image of my epic carving, though it did take me 7 hours to finish, it involves my favorite movie which I will talk about today, scream!

Wes Craven experimented with the idea of "meta-horror" back in 1994 with A New Nightmare, a film which I loved, as it was a breath of fresh hair in the horror genre. But ultimately, I think that this idea was mastered just two years later with Scream. This film is a brilliant satirical criticism of the horror tropes that have been beaten to death throughout the 80's and early 90's, but it doesn't become a parody. It definitely delivers on it's horror elements that are enough to impress both sides of the horror fan spectrum. It never becomes cheesy, though. It's really clever actually. And way ahead of it's time.

I also love how when you watch this movie a second, third and fourth time you notice some subtle, and maybe not so subtle hints as to who the killer could be. So on first viewing you can enjoy this film on surface level, enjoying the slasher/mystery vibe and characters, but when you watch the film multiple times after you'll find more and more easter eggs which makes for an entirely new viewing experience.
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2022 9:03am | Report
zotet wrote:
I am currently unable to upload an image of my epic carving, though it did take me 7 hours to finish, it involves my favorite movie which I will talk about today, scream!

May I offer you a helping hand? It would be real shame for those 7 hours to go to waste :p
The best way to publish your images on Mobafire is by:

CLICK HERE TO UNFOLD MY QUICK TUTORIAL <3

EDIT: Just realized that by "unable to upload" you may have meant a different reason other than not knowing how to do that... :D Sorry xd
Silverman43
<Versatility Master>
Silverman43's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2022 10:00am | Report

May I offer you a helping hand? It would be real shame for those 7 hours to go to waste :p
The best way to publish your images on Mobafire is by:...

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need
Thanks to @ Jovy for the signature!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide