Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 5.21 Summary

Creator: Wayne3100 October 29, 2015 7:06am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 7:06am | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 5.21!

If you've tried opening up your League of Legends client today, you may have noticed that Patch 5.21 has hit the live servers. Like most of the recent patches, the number of changes in the patch is fairly limited, however there are still a couple of interesting things which are worth talking about. Among other things, this patch introduces a new champion ability, nerfs to three champions which have been heavily banned in ranked over the past few weeks, and of course a set of upcoming skins.

Let's take a look!

Champion Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
quick access for concerned players

+
-
+
Caitlyn
Cho'Gath
Gangplank
Kassadin
-
-
Kha'Zix
Kindred
Mordekaiser
Riven
-
!

Veigar
Zilean

! = Rework / Gameplay Update* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

Note that the ! marks the addition of a new ability, not a full rework!

Before we look at what's been buffed and nerfed, let's first talk about a champion who is receiving something new. Because his old passive ( Heightened Learning) was always going to end up feeling too weak or overpowered (depending on numbers), Zilean has received a new passive: Time in a Bottle. Though the idea behind the passive is similar to what it was before, he now stores experience over time and is then able to choose an ally to grant his stored experience to, while receiving the same amount of experience himself. Provided he makes the correct choices, this should allow his passive to have more of an impact than before.

Moving on from what was newly added, there are also a few champion buffs and nerfs. On the plus side, Cho'Gath will now gain two stacks from killing enemy champions with Feast (up from 1) and heal himself when killing any opponent with it at maximum stacks (heal amount is doubled if the target is an enemy champion). Kassadin is the other champion to receive a buff, with the cooldown (9 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds) and ability power ratio (0.6 ability power ⇒ 0.7 ability power) of his Nether Blade being improved.

Finally, it should be no surprise that there are also a few popular champions in this patch which have received a nerf, with Gangplank no longer receiving a refund of mana when killing enemies with Parrrley, Mordekaiser no longer being granted full experience for shared minions, Riven having a higher cooldown on Blade of the Exile and - last but not least - Veigar's Baleful Strike and Dark Matter base damages going down.

Upcoming Skins

This patch introduces three new skins, which unsurprisingly have been put together in one splash art. As always, these skins aren't available for purchase just yet; they will be unlocked somewhere within the next two weeks (before the next patch arrives).

Share Your Thoughts!

Enough said, time to gather some thoughts. What do you guys think of the nerfs to Gangplank/ Mordekaiser/ Riven/ Veigar and buffs to Cho'Gath/ Kassadin? Will you be trying out Zilean after the changes, and do you feel his new passive will make him stronger or weaker overall? Finally, will you be picking up any of the new skins?

Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 7:20am | Report
Kass buffs aren't bad. Rito needs to be careful they don't go too hard on buffing him or we will have problems again.

C u c k f h o ' g a t h b u f f s

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 7:21am | Report
Caitlyn buffs.

I will try Zilean for sure.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 7:22am | Report
Zilean support was my pocket counterpick to Zed. I can only imagine that his passive rework would make him much stronger
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Il Professor
<Member>
Il Professor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 10:16am | Report
Will be interesting to see the difference in damage Veigar now does to minions while farming and how fast he will be able to kill champions.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 3:14pm | Report
One day they'll make a Jinx skin that doesn't have a ****py splash art. One day.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Because all Jinx art must have the following;
1. Jinx must be bending back and firing manically to show you she has no concerns of gun safety.
2. Jinx must smiles like the Joker on Speed.
3. Faded and terrible color choices.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2015 3:21pm | Report
It's all so clear now!

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
maazk
<Member>
maazk's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2015 7:53pm | Report
nice