Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Q&A with NicoThePico

Creator: Mowen May 29, 2019 6:54am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 6:54am | Report
Open Q&A / AMA!

Welcome to our Q&A with NicoThePico and GamerzClass! This Q&A is open to everyone and will be "AMA" style - which means you can ask him anything! NicoThePico will be responding to every question for the next 3 hours. The Q&A will be open from 4-7pm CEST and 10am-1pm EST.

Please keep your questions polite, tasteful, and following our forum rules - any questions breaking the rules may be removed by our moderators.

Without further ado, please post your questions and give NicoThePico a warm welcome to MOBAFire!

About NicoThePico

Nicholas “NicoThePico” Korsgård has a background in EU LCS, being the former head coach of Origen, Fnatic, and Ninjas in Pyjamas. He has now dedicated himself to making some of the best educational content for League of Legends. So be sure to use this rare opportunity to pick his brain and learn from his wealth of knowledge!

Exclusive Free Videos for MOBAFire Members

On top of the Q&A we’re happy to be able to share 2 exclusive video lessons from NicoThePico! This is great LoL masterclass content from GamerzClass for free that will help you take your game to the next level. You could even watch NicoThePico's free masterclass videos first and be able to follow up with him directly, so don’t miss out!
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
NicoThePico
<Member>
NicoThePico's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 6:58am | Report
Heya there!
DonaldBinBaggin
<Member>
DonaldBinBaggin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:05am | Report
Hello!
Rollerdino
<Member>
Rollerdino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:06am | Report
Hey Nico, big fan!
I'd love to know how you go through the first few weeks of coaching a new team. What's your approach to getting to know them, how do you determine what issues need to be addressed quickly and which to work on for longer periods of time, how do you gain trust, etc?

Thanks for answering in advance :D
****er is love, ****er is life.
NicoThePico
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:13am | Report
@ Rollerdino
Heya there,

First week is always getting to know each other and getting everyone on the same page.

The Holy Trinity part of the course comes to mind as something that I usually run through in the early phases to make sure we have the same understanding on how to play the game and we understand each others comms and reivews.

Determining issues I think comes entirely from experience, I am a very direct and honest person so I tend to just take things up right away!

Trust is earned, and you gotta give to receive.

thanks man, have a good one!
DonaldBinBaggin
<Member>
DonaldBinBaggin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:17am | Report
@ NicoThePico

Hey!

What would you reckon the best way to improve at a single role is in league?
NicoThePico
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:22am | Report
@ DonaldBinBaggin
Heia,

Setting straight goals and objective, having good structre and gameplans, and picking out champs you actually enjoy playing so it's easier to grind games!
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:33am | Report
Hello there.

Is elo the biggest factor in determining whether or not a coach is hired by pro teams? If so (or if not), how do they determine if a coach's game knowledge is strong enough to be able to ensure a team is getting good coaching?

Special thanks to iPulsefire for the signature!
NicoThePico
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:38am | Report
@ Maintained

Hi,

I think networking is everything, moreso than elo or anything else, what work you have already done and what the players and others you've worked with matters the most.

Game knowledge is not everything, look at Deilor.

Work your *** off and stay humble and work on the Networking, take the oppurtunities you can to build experience!

Thanks!
TheKillah
<Member>
TheKillah's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2019 7:41am | Report
What are your top tips in combating tilt and burnout while grinding through the ladder? Everyone talks about how important it is to keep a level head, but it can be difficult when every game you play is long and stressful.
1 2 3 4

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide