Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anime

Creator: Dirty Goolash April 6, 2011 12:15pm
168 posts - page 16 of 17
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 11:22am | Report
One of my favorite animes ever is "Welcome to the NHK" and 95% of the series is just super depressing.
Tri lane for life.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 12:06pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

Really? I really like psychological animes. It starts off as a mecha anime and then turns into a completely twisted and depressing anime with awesome crazy fights.
And the part where he masturbates over asuka. It's priceless.

I like psychological anime too, I just HATED the main character of NGE.

"I refuse to save the world even though I'm the only one who can because I don't want to go in a big scary robot."

"PS, I'm selfish"

Seriously though, that's the only anime I've ever disliked the main character...

I loved Code Ge*** (who doesn't) and all but the ending of Death Note - but I really disliked NGE.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 12:41pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

I like psychological anime too, I just HATED the main character of NGE.

"I refuse to save the world even though I'm the only one who can because I don't want to go in a big scary robot."

"PS, I'm selfish"

Seriously though, that's the only anime I've ever disliked the main character...

I loved Code Ge*** (who doesn't) and all but the ending of Death Note - but I really disliked NGE.

The great thing about Evangelion is the main Character.
It's super-authentical how he behaves and what way his development goes. You won't find that in many Animes, since the hero archetype is always brave and willing to sacrifice himself, what is very unrealistic.

Temzilla wrote:

One of my favorite animes ever is "Welcome to the NHK" and 95% of the series is just super depressing.

I didn't watch the Anime but I read the Manga and I ahve to agree with you, it's awesome and yet so depressing. But on the other hand it's very funny. I love how the Mangakas did this.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 12:58pm | Report
I think otherwise, I mean sure, he should be reluctant at first, but not after so much training and previous encounters with Angels...
There's a limit to how much you can pull the "I'm reluctant to fight" card - especially when the fate of the world rests in the main character's hands - and after other characters have died because of his cowardice.

I'm currently watching Blood+, and that pulls it off perfectly, at first the main character is extremely reluctant to kill anything - but as she delves deeper into the Blood+ universe, she realises she has to fight, for everyone's sake - even though she doesn't like it herself. It shows a lot of character development AND throws in a LOT of fighting at the same time. I LOVE how in-depth it goes with the character, you learn about her as she does - yet she later won't hesitate to cut down the enemies.
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 1:26pm | Report
I love Evangelion. It's definitely one of my favorites. It's beautiful to say the least. And I have to agree with the majority about the main character. The way he acts shows that he isn't perfect like the main characters of other series. Also, you get to watch him develop and mature throughout the series. Besides, he always ends up doing the right thing.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 4:45pm | Report

I love Evangelion. It's definitely one of my favorites. It's beautiful to say the least. And I have to agree with the majority about the main character. The way he acts shows that he isn't perfect like the main characters of other series. Also, you get to watch him develop and mature throughout the series. Besides, he always ends up doing the right thing.

Okay so what I've concluded is that this anime is a little messed up. (Spoilers) For the only clip I saw was this girl in a giant mech and I was like "Oh this looks cool!" Then the lance of longius appears impaling her mech's head, which appernatly she feels as well. A timer reaches zero, and her mech falls over. Then these things tear out the human like inside of the mech, and there is alot of blood over the cockpit...then a 1000 lances fall on her and kill her. Oh and then some guy on what seems to be another planet screaming "NOOOOOO!"

So after that I was like "WTF? Why is she reacting unless she got hit by it, and if so why isn't she dead?" Then the robot gut scene, "Uhhhh mech with organs...what, and why is there blood all over the cockpit?" Finally the 100 lances...."Overkill FTW"
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 6:43pm | Report
@Xenasis
Did you watch the movie? In the true ending he does not refuse to save the world. Actually, he kind of does since he fights against the world.
And the best quality it's how real the characters are. The guy's 14. Do you really think a 14 yo bold can carry the weight of going into a giant mecha and kill things for reasons he doesn't even understand?
In a mainstream battle manga there's good and there's evil. In NGE there's nothing of the sort.

@Rudmed
Yeah, that's from the movie. Their nerves are connected and they feel pain. Their robots also have limited power, so when she ran out of power the other guys won, obviously.

I really need to watch it again. It's so awesome.

@Temzilla & Wintermond
Welcome to the NHK's anime and manga are different. The manga is much more dark. The anime is more fun than depressing, and he keeps getting better and better with the help of misaki (was that her name?). In the manga they both go through really fcked up and depressing moments, none of which happens in the anime.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 7:19pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

@Rudmed
Yeah, that's from the movie. Their nerves are connected and they feel pain. Their robots also have limited power, so when she ran out of power the other guys won, obviously.

I really need to watch it again. It's so awesome.

Why would you do that? That is just stupid....that is like the biggest herp derp you could do. I mean look at Gundam, no problem if they lose an arm.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2011 1:56am | Report
Rudmed wrote:

Why would you do that? That is just stupid....that is like the biggest herp derp you could do. I mean look at Gundam, no problem if they lose an arm.

It's a lame anime thing. What were you expecting?
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2011 3:49am | Report
@Canoas
Nope, but to be honest, I don't know if I want to. I hated the series...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide