Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone playing scrolls?

Creator: Valkenhyn July 21, 2013 10:30am
15 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 6:01am | Report
Searz wrote:

'it generates Energy units like crazy'? There's no Energy in that deck. Just Order and Growth.
)

get off my back, I used the word "energy" not "Energy" because I have yet to decide on a concise term for the units as a whole.

As for the rest of it, yea it has a weak early game but I actually get to my mid game just fine on a regular basis and generally have equal or greater amounts of mana (i'll call it mana now) for both order and growth than my opponent does. Yes, it's probably not the best or even close. I have other mainstream decks I could play, but this one is fun

Also as i said, it's limited by what i actually have. Cards like decimation will probably work their way into it but i just don't have them

Also i disagree about Frost gale, It's not as powerful as quake sure but in a lot of situations that's a good thing b/c sometimes u just need to lay some dmg down without killing all of ur weak or battle-scared troops
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 9:27am | Report
Valkenhyn wrote:

get off my back, I used the word "energy" not "Energy" because I have yet to decide on a concise term for the units as a whole.

They're called resources. Use that.
Also, generating resources like crazy is an obvious result of running memorials and Powerbound (Powerbound sucks donkey ****, memorials don't). You need to pay attention to your number of cards. That's a resource too. For every resource you get you'll have to sac a card, be it a memorial or a Powerbound or through standard sacrifice.
What you gain in resources you will lose in cards, it's a tradeoff, not a change for the better.
Quoted:
As for the rest of it, yea it has a weak early game but I actually get to my mid game just fine on a regular basis and generally have equal or greater amounts of mana (i'll call it mana now) for both order and growth than my opponent does.

These statements are rather silly.
You're probably playing on a much lower level than I am and as such you're facing waaay worse opponents that don't know how to capitalize on your weakness. You can't just go assuming that your enemies have any freaking clue of what they're doing.
Quoted:
Also as i said, it's limited by what i actually have. Cards like decimation will probably work their way into it but i just don't have them

Decimation is pretty decent, but it's primarily a lategame card(because it deals direct damage to idols), it's not very good before lategame. If they buffed it to not hurt your own troops I might actually consider using it in my Order deck.
Quoted:
Also i disagree about Frost gale, It's not as powerful as quake sure but in a lot of situations that's a good thing b/c sometimes u just need to lay some dmg down without killing all of ur weak or battle-scared troops

It is bad. Don't try to defend it when you're clearly not seeing the whole picture nor actually saying anything of any importance.

You need to think of CARDS as resources too. To make Frost Gale break even you need to kill one unit, because you're spending one card (Frost Gale) and if he doesn't lose one then you're the one that gets the shorter end of the stick, even if you deal some damage.
Quake almost always kills stuff, and there's a huge difference between 1 and 2 damage.

You'd need to use 2 Frost Gales to get the same effect as one Quake. Sure, they're 2 Growth cheaper, but quake is still considerably better, because it only uses one card. Use Quake to kill one unit? You've broken even. Use 2 Frost Gales to kill a unit? You actually lost one more card than your enemy..
It's the same with Rally+Crimson Bull and God Hand. Both have the same effect and God Hand costs 1 Growth more, but God Hand just costs one scroll and is because of that alone better.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 9:53am | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

I've played very little of Scrolls, but I took The Crowning method as my initial approach.
It's basically where you focus your power into one being, turning it into a nearly unstoppable force, hence me calling it The Crowning.
Of course, there are major flaws in this strategy but I find it suitable for most games at the pace of lower difficulty's since they have no cards to decimate it.
There are certain ones that can do things like remove him back to his hand, but I built my deck around the ability to Crown more then one if need be, and there are a few of the monsters.

Yeeaah.. That's not gonna work when people know what they're doing.
Enchantments aren't that strong in general because there are 3 cards in Order (one of which is frequently used in proper decks) and one in Energy that completely counters them. They're also generally not as good as summoning another unit (they give less HP and damage than a unit of similar cost would).

There are of course units that do work well with enchantments, but it's certainly not a strategy you should invest heavily into. The only deck that has trouble dealing with such a tactic is Growth, and as such you should knowingly use it against other Growth players, but not against Order or Energy.

Also, one set of 3 enchantment cards is usually enough. Never use more than 2 sets of enchantments in a deck, that's just begging to be countered..
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 10:51am | Report
It's pretty fun, I've been playing it on and off with a gud Growth deck I found. I'm not really interested in taking it seriously though.

wat i'm using
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 1:59pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

wat i'm using

Eye of the Eagle is pretty bad in general. Especially if you're running literally half your cards as creatures.
Rangers Bane is also pretty bad. Really not worth running.

Pother is just flat out better than Rumble. Replace Rumble with Pother(but 3 of them). Also add Transposition since you're running Dryadic Power, it's adds some amazing utility.

Skip Bear Paw for 3x Dryadic Power and possibly 3 Champion Rings if you feel like pimping out your units(also read what I wrote about Champion Ring being kind of like Focus). Bear Paw and Stag Heart are both too easily countered, like I've written earlier in this thread.

Vaettr of the Wild is kinda meh. Energy and Order just piss on your Vaetters with their direct damage spells. They work pretty well against Growth players, but as soon as the Quakes start flying they're useless.

Honestly, stop running 2 of so many cards. Just pick one that you don't need all three of.
Maybe Kinfolk Jarl is a good candidates for just 2? The Jarl is great for your lategame, he's absolutely not necessary though, and two would suffice if you wanna run him at all.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide