Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

BF3 vs COD MW3

Creator: SirSpankAlot August 12, 2011 9:34am
44 posts - page 4 of 5
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 12:45pm | Report

It's 50 dollars a year...Roughly a dollar a week, that's too much money? Or last I checked I was only playing 50 bucks a year, and I haven't had Xbox live crash on me ever...Nor has it been hacked and shut down for extended periods of time.

The point I was trying to make (sans activision comment because of my lack of caring about "who runs MW" as long as it's still a solid game) both of them interest me. I like both franchises.

There aren't any "real" tactics. Things can feel tactical in Battlefield I agree but at the end of the day you're still shooting people. Play a game of Battlefield (whichever version Bad Company or "Vanilla") and accomplish your objectives without having to fire your weapon or knife someone(obviously not referring to FFA or TDM). Then tell me the game is a tactics based shooter.

If it's tactics based then tactics should win over pure fire-power anyday. Or at least that's my definition. Tactics based shooter IMO was something like Brothers In Arms. Multiplayer didn't require you to fire a shot to secure an objective when on the offense side of things. You just had to get there, get cover fire, get out, move on.

Then tom clancy splinter cell/rainbow six/ghost recon are also tactical shooters right?
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!

Check out my guide on Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard(press the sig)!
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

In my country Xbox Live is £48 a year, which is more than the price of a newly released game. For me, that is far too much.

Technically you could win a game of Battlefield without your team getting any kills. Chances of that happening are pretty slim I'll admit. There's no way you can argue it's not more tactical than CoD though, it's a lot slower paced and involves much more teamwork to take objectives and help out your team. In CoD you can essentially just solo the entire enemy team if you're good or lucky. Things like taking cover (and destroying enemy cover) and using stealth to reach objectives are important in Battlefield; in CoD you basically spend the whole time sprinting around shooting guys.

I still like both games in different ways, just saying Battlefield is definetely the more tactical of the two whereas CoD is more action-packed reflexes.

Machinima was selling XBOX LIVE GOLD memberships for 20 bucks a year ago , the slogan : SAAAVEEE 20 BUCKS ON XBOX LIVE AT MACHINIMA . lol.
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!

Check out my guide on Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard(press the sig)!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:09pm | Report
Splinter Cell is more or less stealth based. Granted Conviction had less emphasis on the need to be stealthy the option was there. I would say Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six qualify as TACTICS based shooters. You're in control of a small team with "options/tactics" at your disposal of how to clear/achieve an objective. SOCOM is another great example of TACTICS based. Your implementation of tactics in the story-mode and or multiplayer is encouraged almost mandatory for you to succeed. BF and CoD have tactical elements. Like hold point A and use this window as an over-watch position whilst placing a claymore at the most likely enemy entry point to secure your safety. That is implementation of thinking/logic/strategy/tactics without the requirement of doing it to aid in success. Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 on the other hand, you and your team want to cover each other in multiple ways because you really can't do everything by yourself unless you want to be sent home in a body bag. Split up and cover each other. Battlefield I never had to do that same with CoD. Because of the playstyle I adopt, or expect from others. Working as a team wasn't required in Battlefield/ CoD I lone wolfed a lot of objectives simply because I outplayed the enemy team.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:23pm | Report

And they replace it for free. 1 weekend and it's back in your hands.

THIS.

Sony made me pay £120 the first time it broke, and they want to charge me another £120 now.

They can piss off if they expect me to buy the PS4 with service like that.

But when 5 dudes just sit out in the middle of no where sniping all game and their team wins

Impossible in Bad Company 2. Your team will never win if you have five people sitting on a hill sniping all game, unless your other team members are all amazing and the enemy team all sucks. Especially if you're playing attackers.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:37pm | Report
When attacking: ***ualt Kit+Recon Kit (with C4)+UAV= All your base are belonging to us. Trust me, you wanna win all you need is a little ingenuity and someone with the patients to knock down a few walls for you while you shove a UAV in next to an objective then press the big red button KA-BOOM.

When Defending: Medic Kit+ Assault or Engineer (Preferred Assault). Unlimited Ammo an MG+ Hard cover= Spray n Pray. Medic Dies switch kits revive continue Spray n Pray.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:40pm | Report
Yeah that's true, really would annoy me when we had a perfect defence and some douche just kept flying the UAV in with C4 on it. There's no real counter to it, all you can do is try to shoot down the UAV which is pretty hard if he knows what he's doing.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:50pm | Report
Yupp, great way to just instagib turtling enemies. The other way, which is how my friends and I carried our teams in Bad Company 1 was spec OPS+ Engineer with mines. Assault and medic as cover. Knock open a wall with a grenade, rush in, lay all C4 and Mines. Run away. Detonate C4+Rocket through the wall (mines were buggy and didn't always want to go off from C4 explosion). Or just 4 Engineer Rocket Spam worked too. Basicallly you didn't need to alert the enemy "hey we armed your bomb come defuse it" and we could often take out the objectives by relocating from floor to floor of nearby buildings.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:52pm | Report
I've never really had any friends to play with on console, so I never really got to do any fun squad tactics like that. :P
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:57pm | Report
Another reason I prefer Xbox a lot easier to meet people and make friends IMO.

Squad tactics? I'd call that exploiting the system. Everyone was so hung up on setting charges, they forgot sometimes the easier way was to blow **** up.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:59pm | Report

Another reason I prefer Xbox a lot easier to meet people and make friends IMO.

Squad tactics? I'd call that exploiting the system. Everyone was so hung up on setting charges, they forgot sometimes the easier way was to blow **** up.

The UAV thing definetely felt like an exploit, but at least with throwing explosives onto the crates you had to actually get close and put yourself in danger. If the other team realized what you were doing they'd actually have some chance of stopping you if they guarded all the nearby buildings.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide