Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Buying a new computer

Creator: tehAsian August 5, 2012 6:20pm
42 posts - page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2012 3:53pm | Report
Arkharan wrote:

Yeah but it's not about the space, I don't know many people who store over 128 gb of softwares and stuff. You have to remember you also have a regular HDD with like 1tb. I mean if you're to really go for 256gb, I'd go raid 0 with 2*128 for the same performance price.

Fix'd (I'm pretty sure you meant price there)
Games too :P

256GB fills up fast with games you like.
I'd recommend putting steam on your SSD, then making symbolic links to the HDD for games you don't play that much. (I.E you put those games files on the HDD with a special kind of link in the folders they're normally supposed to be in on the SSD)

It seems you just don't understand.. The performance gains from 2*128 vs 1*256 is much smaller compared to 256 vs HDD. Access times won't get better in RAID and other stuff won't either.
SSDs nowadays don't need more speed, they need size and reliability. Thus 256GB is a better option imo.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2012 4:05pm | Report
GUYS keep this discussion elsewhere, he doesn't even know how to build a computer so let's not get too annoying and complicated with RAID and symbolic links...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide