Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

*Claps Hands* Obama Elected

Creator: MrCuddowls November 6, 2012 8:25pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:34pm | Report
How do the electoral process and poverty relate

Millions to suffer for a small minority, yes, but not necessarily in an economic way, it can be on other matters such as rights or policy among other things. I never specified what is being sabotaged. I only said that the way it was made was not fair as it did not portray what most of the people wanted, whatever that may be.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:38pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Yes isn't health care wonderful. The average cost of health insurance for Americans has already increased by $2,500 annually, it's on pace to increase another $2,500 in the next two years. But this is the affordable health insurance for all we were promised right? Wrong, the government lied about health care, the average middle class American which the president championed with this bill was coincidentally stuck with a higher bill each month. As far as "high standard countries" we don't really care what you people in EU think, I mean I wouldn't exactly call the EU the pinnacle of democracy or economy, given it's current state, would you?

As far as why Romney is a better choice, let's examen Obama's presidency. Now I do think Romney was a decent candidate, not my first choice, but overall I thought he was more appealing than McCain. All in all the Obama administration has been a colossal failure. Total economic failure, total foreign policy failure, and he has failed on a number of domestic promises made in his previous campaigns.

Let's start economically:
  • unemployment is now than when he took office, last I check, unemployment was sitting at a pretty 8.3% compared to 7.8% when he took office, it hit nearly 10% nation wide before it started to come down. There are some areas of the country that still sit at 10% unemployment. He promised to lower unemployment to 5% and he failed that promise
  • he gave massive bailouts to the auto industry, specifically General Motors and Chrysler. By any sane economic judgement these have been absolute busts. 70% of General Motors sales are to government agencies, the company can't stand on its own, even today GM stocks look grim.
  • He gave an $800 billion dollar stimulus package in which only 8% of the entire $800 billion actually went into the US economy. And then he has the audacity to call it a success and claim that we need ANOTHER bailout. Who the hell does he think he is?
  • The US deficit rose by $4 trillion dollars over 4 years, it rose by 1/3 of its total amount under his presidency, total fiscal irresponsibility
  • to add insult to injury, he passed Obamacare, and as I stated before, the middle class of America is picking up the tab for his project, and they're not getting any better coverage than they would have with private coverage.
  • he's raised taxes on the wealthy and on business owners so that our economy is totally crippled. He's so blind he can't even see that when you raise taxes on corporations or business owners, they higher less people.

Moving on to other issues I guess we can examine foreign affairs
  • Obama has failed to place sanctions on Iran in an attempt to deter their nuclear development. The continue to develop nuclear weapons without any repercussions, and I suspect that Iran will go nuclear under this presidency. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama sat on his hands while it happened, despite his insistence that he does not want a nuclear Iran.
  • He's left Israel out to dry, going on an apology tour across the middle east, bowing to their rulers, and actively allowing radical Islam to grow without any attempts to counter the rise of Islamic terrorism.
  • Details are now emerging from "Fast & Furious" that the Obama administration opened the doors to selling arms to Mexican drug cartels which were turned on our own US officials, slaughtering them
  • The Benghazi details are also leaking. New reports show that Obama totally mismanaged the situation and ignored repeated calls for increased security at the US embassy in Benghazi, Libya where 4 US officials were murdered. In fact, despite the request for more security, a month prior to the 9/11 anniversary, Obama withdraw security from the region, and he PERSONALLY ordered General David Patreus of the CIA to "stand down" at the request for security AS THE EMBASSY WAS BEING ATTACKED!
  • To spit in the face of Americans, he's lied to them about what happened and his response to the request for more security. Hell, it's been over a month and the American public still hasn't gotten a clear response from the president. It took him two weeks to figure out that this was an act of terrorism and not a response to a youtube video, as if that was even a plausible theory.
  • Here's a guy who even called for Mubarak, the former president of Egypt, to step down, when Egypt was one of the United States few allies in the middle east. I think he found the latest election results to be rather disappointing, as Egypt chose to elect the Muslim Brotherhood into office and we have lost an ally in the region. A major political blunder.

To add a few other points,
  • he promised to close Guantanamo Bay and he hasn't
  • he promised an immigration bill, and we have failed to see one
  • he promised labor reform for employees in regards to sick days, etc. and never got it passed
  • he promised to allow Americans to read the bill for 5 days before he signed it, he didn't do that once
  • He promised more transparency, but it took him 2 years to release his birth certificate, he has yet to release his grades from Harvard (a custom in America), he's covered up 'Fast & Furious', the American public still doesn't know what happened in Benghazi, and we never actually got to find out what was in the health care mandate until it was passed
  • hilarious, in response to all the promises he's failed to keep, he states, "I didn't promise to get everything done". Which basically says, "I didn't promise to keep promises"

I mean, I could go on and on, I guess the real question isn't why I would want Romney, but why would I want another 4 years of colossal economic failure, failed foreign policy, and the mishandling of domestic issues?

Whether or not you have an opinion is besides the point, because it's pretty evident from all your posts vagueness, that you don't understand anything about politics within this country. And from what I've seen you don't even understand what goes on in Europe. You can have any opinion you like or even disagree with me, but be prepared to back it up, with atleast a legitimate reason.

i see you have memorized Romney's campaign. i have reason to belive you lack depth in interpreting what you hear.

Sig made by elenah
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:40pm | Report
I think in a year or two nobody will remember the moneysack that tried to get president by flip-flopping while nearly everyone will remember the first black president who brought in health care(yea, still for it) and it's you against all of us I think so you can't undermine all of us.

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:50pm | Report

I think in a year or two nobody will remember the moneysack that tried to get president by flip-flopping while nearly everyone will remember the first black president who brought in health care(yea, still for it) and it's you against all of us I think so you can't undermine all of us.

again a statement with no substance

go on and bury your head in the sand as best you can without admitting defeat and the fact that you know nothing of American politics. Believe me, you aren't fooling anyone.

And in regards to you Pheyniex, what of the above did I list that was untrue? You didn't deny that it was true, and given that it is, give me a reason to vote for Obama. You don't have to get cute with me, you don't have to try to sound smart, I can see right through it
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:57pm | Report
doesn't matter if you vote for obama or not. The latinos will keep on winning elections for the democrats for quite some time unless the republicans do something really drastic.

Sad that things have come to this, but it's just a fact.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:01pm | Report
Mooninites you need to calm yourself and stop talking down to other people. I consider this a warning for any further discussion about the election in any thread and by anybody.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:02pm | Report
Moon, if you want to fully understand what im ranting about in terms of the electoral process, watch this video...

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:15pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Mooninites you need to calm yourself and stop talking down to other people. I consider this a warning for any further discussion about the election in any thread and by anybody.

I think you should seriously consider taking an unbiased approach to this. As canoas stated in a different thread, I don't have to respect anyones opinion, subsequently, because you couldn't come up with a good enough response to that, you locked the thread. It still rings true, I don't have to respect their opinion, they don't have to respect mine. I'm not asking for a lot here, I'm asking to back up their arguments with at the very least a valid opinion. They've provided nothing of substance and continually attacked my beliefs and when I even question their knowledge, or at the very least ask them to provide a validation to their opinion, they can't do it. If they're allowed to attack my beliefs then i should be allowed to defend myself and attack theirs. That's how democracy works, if you don't want a democracy, or discussion, then don't host forums, end of discussion.

in regards to you cuddowls, if you can't explain yourself what is wrong with the electoral process then you probably don't understand the information you're talking about. I suggest you take some initiative yourself and understand the material you're trying to argue
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:21pm | Report
moon mowen is saying you should stop talking down to people, you know telling them theyre idiots and they dont know anything
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:26pm | Report
Your text to link here...Now, I don't claim to know anything intensive about the election process, like Moon, who is pursueing a major in some politics. I just like watching these threads go and learning, so I'm going to just drop here and watch.
Electoral College Defense
Also, Mowen and dill, you guys need to realize that that's just how moon is. He may be talking down to people, but that's moon in a nutshell. And I agree with the Canoas thing.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide