Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

*Claps Hands* Obama Elected

Creator: MrCuddowls November 6, 2012 8:25pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:27pm | Report
DillButt has got it right, and I locked the other thread because Canoas couldn't stop talking down to people as well, not because he didn't respect their opinions. On this forum it is against the rule to insult others.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:28pm | Report
well then they should probably put their money where their mouth is and have a valid reason for their political belief. You probably get that we don't agree politically, and I might think you have some pretty stupid political beliefs, but all in all those are your beliefs and I get that. We've talked about this and I may not agree with your beliefs, but you at least have reasoning behind them. The difference here, is these people (specifically werepirelord and pehyneix) have political beliefs but they don't even understand what they're talking about. When I even challenge them to give reason they resort to attacks on ideology, religion, etc. and then run and hide

and by you I meant dillbutt, this was a response to him
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:48pm | Report
but you resort to attacks on what you think theyre intelligence is by calling them idiots like i said in my last post

you can DEBATE but you cannot INSULT
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:56pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

The thing is even though i'm happy with Obama getting Elected, I Still think the way these presidents are being elected is bad.

The way its setup, you can basically have only 20 percent of the population voting for you and still win. That is a pretty sad thing to say about something so important.

How this works is that the college decided to give each state at least 3 votes (Which is full on stupid of them) even though small states should only be getting 1 or 2 votes, and since the amount of votes is dependent on the population, they are essentially stealing votes from states that have large populations and thus deserve more votes than they are getting (like california or texas)

Wyoming for example, 0.18 of the population of america live here, but this state gets 0.56 percent of the electoral votes. Someone running for president can basically win this state with just .09% + 1 votes.
Columbia, win .1 percent of the population, get 0.56 percent of the electoral votes
Vermont, .1%, .56%
North Dakota .11%, .56%
Alaska .11%, .56%
South Dakota .13% .56%
Delaware .15%, .56%
Montana .16%, .56%
Rhode Island .17%, .74%
New Hampshire .21%, .74%
Maine .21%, .74%
Hawaii .22%, .74%
Idaho .25%, .74%
Nebraska .3% .93%
West Virginia .3%, .93%
New Mexico .33%, .93%
Nevada .44%, 1.12%
Utah .45%, 1.12%
Kansas .46%, 1.12%
Arkansas .47%, 1.12%
Mississippi .48%, 1.12%
Iowa .49%, 1.12%
Connecticut .6%, 1.3%
Oklahoma .61%, 1.3%
Oregon .62%, 1.3%
Kentucky .7%, 1.49%
Louisiana .73%, 1.49%
South Carolina .75%, 1.67%
Alabama .77%, 1.67%
Colorado .81%, 1.67%
Minnesota .86%, 1.86%
Wisconsin .92%, 1.86%
Maryland .93%, 1.86%
Missouri .97%, 1.86%
Tennessee 1.03%, 2.04%
Arizona 1.03%, 2.04%
Indiana 1.05%, 2.04%
Massachusetts 1.06%, 2.04%
Virginia 1.29%, 2.42%
New Jersey 1.42%, 2.6%

This all adds up to 21.91 percent of the population and 50.19% of the Electoral votes
You just won the elections with 1/5 of the population voting for you
This system is horrible and they should throw it away and make a system where each vote is counted directly towards the president and the person with the most votes wins
Thank you for reading this rant
Im bored

I never thought I'd live to see the day when Mr.Cuddles made an intelligent comment.

And you're discussing well and making good points(on the electoral college part of the discussion).

What is this sorcery!?

Good going, keep it up :)
/agree

Mooninites wrote:

In regards to election, the system is flawed regardless as a winner-takes-all system. If you were to want true democratic representation, control would be split based on percentage vote. For example, if you get 46% of the vote, you get 46% of the 'seats' so to speak.

Yea, exactly.
But I doubt America could handle so much change so quickly >:D
Baby steps is better than no steps at all.
FatelBlade wrote:

Also, Mowen and dill, you guys need to realize that that's just how moon is. He may be talking down to people, but that's moon in a nutshell.

Um, behavior problem?
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 1:59pm | Report
Fatel just because its what "makes moon who is" doesnt mean its not against the rules
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 2:04pm | Report
Eh. You learn to love it, because in my experience with him, and with some hindsight, what he (in LoL at least) does talk down to you, but it's true, and nothing gets threw to you better than insults. I suppose thats if you have tough skin. I take what he throws, and I see my self become a better player because of it. From what I've seen on this thread, he is like that out of game as well. Dill seems to be trying to defend his beliefs with fact, and that's a step in the right step. Moon could be a bit clearer, but he's up there, and cudds is hard to interpret why he says things, but you learn to live with it. And I am biased towards Moon, imaginary friends for life.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 2:08pm | Report
yeah but that doesnt change the fact that blatantly insulting people isnt against the rules

what yer saying is "HE HELPED ME LEARN TO PLAY AND HE HAS ALWAYS INSULTED PEOPLE THAT MEANS ITS OK FOR HIM TO INSULT PEOPLE RULES DONT APPLY CUZ HES ALWAYS DONE IT"
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 2:10pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:

Eh. You learn to love it, because in my experience with him, and with some hindsight, what he (in LoL at least) does talk down to you, but it's true, and nothing gets threw to you better than insults. I suppose thats if you have tough skin. I take what he throws, and I see my self become a better player because of it. From what I've seen on this thread, he is like that out of game as well. Dill seems to be trying to defend his beliefs with fact, and that's a step in the right step. Moon could be a bit clearer, but he's up there, and cudds is hard to interpret why he says things, but you learn to live with it. And I am biased towards Moon, imaginary friends for life.

if you don't think you deserve any respect and can't listen properly, sure, why not...

Sig made by Hogopogo
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 2:11pm | Report
Anyway, back to the electoral process
Moon Ill give you 2 things that they can use as an electoral system and you can tell me the flaws in them.

1. Votes count directly towards the candidate and the candidate with the most votes wins. You are able to vote until 12 o'clock midnight, at which time anyone left in line is allowed to complete their vote but the lines would be closed, the votes are tallied and the president with the most votes wins.

2. Make the Electoral college balanced by first: Doubling the number of electoral votes, giving a total of 1076, then giving 1 vote to represent each 292 thousand people. A state like Wyoming would get 2 votes, and everything would go up from there all the way to California, who would get 192 Votes to represent them. People would vote for which president they want and the Electoral votes are given to the president with the majority vote.
I Also want to note that the number of Representatives and senate won't change, Just the number of votes they represent, so instead of 1 they would represent 2 to make the system more easy to calculate with the population.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 2:13pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
well then they should probably put their money where their mouth is

That's funny coming from you.. I remember rather vividly of a certain 100$ bet about Europe that you proposed and then chickened out of.

Mowen wrote:
DillButt has got it right, and I locked the other thread because Canoas couldn't stop talking down to people as well, not because he didn't respect their opinions.

Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense... I was banned for 3 days so there was no need to lock the thread if I was the problem. If I'm banned I can't post.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide