Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Climate change n' stuff

Creator: Searz May 31, 2013 9:11am
77 posts - page 3 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 2:02am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

im still waiting for the global warming community and al gore to prove that global warming is man-made

normally how science works is you provide data that proves something, I anticipate i'll be waiting well into the future

Absolute proof might be impossible right now, but hey, we can't disprove God, that must mean that he exists!
Mooninites wrote:

During the 70's and 90's we had cooling periods and people were actually afraid of 'global cooling'. These were periods of high economic production and need I say that there were green house emissions? I don't want you to **** your pants at this next statement: but cars were not 'green' back then. Shocking I know, in fact the Co2 emissions haven't increased that dramatically and there is no 'steep increase' as you say, in fact, it's quite a moderate increase.

In light of the "procedure" for trapping heat in the atmosphere that Pheyniex posted, I would like to point out that an increase in greenhouse gases doesn't directly increase heat; it increases heat over a long period of time. Thus a phenomena that reduces the earth's heat can momentarily bring it down, but the bigger picture remains the same.
One cannot go around cherry-picking data and expect their arguments to hold weight.
Quoted:
I'm really curious as to what you're talking about, because 40 years ago people were afraid of global cooling, not global warming. So you're just factually wrong

Blanket statements, HO!

Also, that exact point is brought up and disproved in the long video.

+rep. All very true, and I specifically avoid the word 'agreed' here because Moon listed all facts instead of opinions or wikipedia pages. Seriously, read a book pheyniex!

The point is that a lot of people want to believe that Global warming or cooling is man-made because then we can fix it. Fear does a lot when it comes to these kind of subjects.

I can't help but think that you're trolling, because your choice of words and attitude is very weird.

If you're not: please contribute with some actual content and not just empty fluff.
Meiyjhe wrote:

I can assure you Mooninities, there have been measurements made of how much CO2 we emit as humans each year, and how much CO2 rises in total each year. The difference between the CO2 rising and the amount humanity emitted was fairly minimal, I can assure you.

What was that you could again? ;)
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 2:41am | Report
Searz wrote:

Absolute proof might be impossible right now, but hey, we can't disprove God, that must mean that he exists!

Classic logical fallacy Searz. He says that we cannot state something is true because it isn't proven to be true. You compare this with something must be true because we cannot prove otherwise.

My earlier comment was mostly a troll regarding Pheyniex. I agree and disagree with some of the statements made by either of them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 2:52am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

God doesn't need proof. Faith is all you need.

Hell yeah!
Who needs logic when you have god?

Classic logical fallacy Searz. He says that we cannot state something is true because it isn't proven to be true.

I know.
My point is that there is very little in this world that we know with absolute certainty, but we often know enough to make deductions and base our decisions off that.
Quoted:
My earlier comment was mostly a troll regarding Pheyniex. I agree and disagree with some of the statements made by either of them.

Thought so.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 3:13am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

No one has God.
He is in everyone and all around us.
You just need to open you heart to accept him.

I don't think there is a word in the English language to describe that, but I'll go ahead and try ********.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 3:16am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

No one has God.
He is in everyone and all around us.
You just need to open you heart to accept him.

Sorry, I can't tell if you're serious or not.
Quoted:
That reeks of idealism.

Idealism or not, it's not wrong, isn't it?
Quoted:
And going from what is considered these days as scientific research, people still can'tmake correct deductions. They usually already have an opinion and search to find data that proves it, ignoring data that disproves what they think is right.
Global warming is not an exception. :D

And what says that this little opinion of yours doesn't follow the same principle? ;)
Quoted:
(but it's fine, there's still room for you in my world)

Thank you..?

I don't think there is a word in the English language to describe that, but I'll go ahead and try ********.

Have some rep, good sir.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 3:23am | Report
Oh god, more religion vs atheism?

Haven't people learned their lesson?

You can't prove either side of the argument

Please stop.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 4:08am | Report
Embracing wrote:

Oh god, more religion vs atheism?

Haven't people learned their lesson?

You can't prove either side of the argument

Please stop.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
- Stuart Chase

Good quote to end it with then?
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 4:12am | Report

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
- Stuart Chase

Good quote to end it with then?

Actually theism can be disproved and if you ever see any debates between atheists and theists (professional debates) the atheists always win.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 4:57am | Report
Atheism ftw.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 5:40am | Report
Please do tell me how theism can be disproved.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide