Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

D3 = Mini MMO?

Creator: DuffTime March 21, 2012 12:18pm
20 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 1:34pm | Report
that doesnt kick in till max level, you have plenty of time to switch and experiment with stuff early on.

besides, since it drops every time you leave, you can always try something, play, and if you dont like it change it next time you log in.

what they're saying is they don't like people switching out skills every few minutes.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 1:36pm | Report
Mmhmm.

To be honest, even though I posted because of this update, I'm really just more concerned about the way they're doing PVP >:P
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 1:48pm | Report
Hmm well, that's something that suits a mmog rather then a offline-game, but alone that doesnt change it to a "mini-mmog". On the other hand, respecing your char in a "offline game", thats something unusual aswell but personally i would like it(Changing skills of a char instead of the need to create a new one)
now to give a example what would rly be a change towards a mmog: if they would now build in bosses/mobs that are not soloable for example, that changes the whole situation

EDIT:
In terms of PvP, no one knows how long the buff will be? Also as caucheka said i think its more like that u dont respec every hour or smthing and if u do PvP you usually do it for a little while longer, there also the opinion that u have the skilltree 2 times, but one of them is used for PvP and one for PvE(But if its like Diablo 2 where u can attack anyone anywhere i guess its rather not like that, spamming Traps all day with assassin was so funny 8D)
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 1:52pm | Report
I think you got the post wrong there.

That loot-buff you get by killing rare/champs vanishes everytime you change sth from your character setting.

Quoted:
However, if you change a skill, skill rune, passive, or leave the game, the buff disappears

And since the buff seems to be working as long as you dont do anything mentioned above, you are "forced" to keep your current setting.

In short: Not quite sure, but I guess that this means that you can switch many things how often the **** you want, if you dislike your current line-up. Like reskilling/rune swapping etc.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 2:02pm | Report
yeah you can, that was one of the features they talked about a while ago.

and as i said, it only works at max level, and its just a bonus to those who like their current character. you don't really need it at all, although its existence cuts back on grinding.

also there are some skills/runes that increase aura effects by your magic chance.. so this might need some tweaking.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 2:05pm | Report
So really if it's an effort to reduce the grind, why not just make stuff drop more readily lols.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 2:13pm | Report
its to reward those who are decisive as to what they want to play by giving them bonus gear, which has the effect of reducing your grind for top gear.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 2:15pm | Report
Suppose so :PP Less grind is always good IMO~
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 2:55pm | Report
Actually I don't read the updates at all, I'll just take things as they come, only hoping they won't casualize it anymore than they already did.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 2:57pm | Report
I probably shouldn't but I can't help it. <3 D2
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide