Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Don't Starve

Creator: Bludes October 25, 2013 4:09am
15 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 4:09am | Report
Don't Starve is on sale at the moment and I don't know if I should buy it or not.
For those of you who don't know what this game is about - here is your free trailer.

SO basically it's about picking up items, combine them, craft new items, find something to eat
-> surviving. Now is my question: Do you have got any experience with the game? :3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 5:31am | Report
I've played it more than halfway through.
It's a decent game, but I wouldn't tell you to go for it unless you're really into survival games.
It's very much a wiki game btw. You're gonna have to check the wikia a lot if you wanna get past day 20. My 5 first runs ended at day 10-20. Then I checked the wikia. My sixth run is at day 140 or so.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 6:13am | Report
140? Wow. :o
Well basically I have nothing against checking the wiki.
I think a good concept for a game is that you make your game without any tutorial and you don't really know what to do. Then you check out the wiki so that you have to do with the game. :P
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 11:30am | Report
no no don't check the wiki. part of the game is discovering how things work for yourself.

i bought the game way back in beta, and its been a while since i played it but its pretty fun if you're into these kind of games.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 11:43am | Report
aight! Yea I think I will buy it and die soon then.
I think I won't check out the wiki then. :o
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 12:47pm | Report
part of the fun is figuring it out for yourself. sort of like terraria, where if you go in blind you can go whichever direction. but if you look through the wiki it becomes a checklist of what to do.
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 1:14pm | Report
yea true, thx for the advice!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 1:25pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

part of the fun is figuring it out for yourself. sort of like terraria, where if you go in blind you can go whichever direction. but if you look through the wiki it becomes a checklist of what to do.

No, not really. I only use it when I find a new item I have no idea of what to do with or when I need something specific.

If you don't check the wiki you're likely gonna die almost 10 times before figuring out how to deal with Winter.
I personally died about 3 times before I realized I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN TO REPEAT THE SAME PROCEDURE 7 TIMES MORE TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT BY MYSELF.
There is of course some charm to finding things out by yourself, but you're quite literally gonna have to spend thousands of hours to finish the game that way.
Not to mention how much repetitive **** you have to go through every time you die.
But then again, some people like games like Cookieclicker, so maybe people like having their time wasted on ****.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 5:57pm | Report
I bought the game now and made it to day 7 because I died at the spiders for a friend who died before. (We want to play at the same time for more fun and we are giving tips and stuff). :D
I would have been dead before but I respawned at some dead pig heads..well.
Next run I will make it far away from those 7 days.
Anyways I like the beard he gets and I looked fabulous with those flowers on my head. ;D
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 11:23pm | Report
ok well i'll give you a little bit searz, though he really should play and experience **** first before glancing over the wiki.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide