Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Eighty ****ing Five

Creator: Apotheosis December 11, 2010 9:20pm
19 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2010 8:51am | Report
Eventually it's gonna go up from minimum 5k GS to god-forsaken 7k GS, haha.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 1:21am | Report
I've been playing, progressing slowly. I checked out some of the new content before the actual Cata launch, there is some great stuff. After launch I did the Worgen starting area, it was actually really long, and full of great moments, I really enjoyed it. I'm now very slowly working my way through the 80+ stuff starting with the under water section, which I thought would be annoying but actually I'm really liking it. They are getting so much better at story-telling within an MMO.

I'm also pretty impressed with how much the UI has improved over the last year, and especially leading up to Cata. They've adopted features from a lot of the most popular addons, streamlined a lot of the classes (Warlocks and their stones, Hunters and focus, Pallies with Holy Power), added some pretty cool features like reforging. They keep raising that bar just a little higher.

Just kinda mourning the slow death of most social aspects of the game. The dungeon finder sure makes it easy to get into dungeons and hoard loot but it is also kinda killing the "MM" part of MMORPG :P
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 5:50am | Report
I find running lower levels through dungeons a way to meet people. This is just when you get bored and feel like making a little money, lolz. I haven't been on in a while and I kind of miss it to be honest, and I secretly reverted to DDO for 2 hours until I found out that I can't even heal myself. "Heal Animorte: Invalid Target." Are you !@#$%^&*() kidding me!!! "You have died." F*ck This! Time for LoL...
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 11:40am | Report
Don't got the money for WoW.

So I'm playing moar Vindictus.
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 7:25am | Report
Quoted:
Gz Apo, and what took you so long? Lololol :D

Give me a chance to explain :P Man I'm stuck on possibly the biggest server in combination of Oceanic and US realms. All there was the time the Xpac was released were an astronomical amount of Horde players. It took me half an hour to get online through the wait que and another half hour to figure out where all the initial NPCs were because they were being horded (I finally realized that I could just make a macro to find and talk to the NPCs). When I got to questing, the entire grounds were covered in Horde players, there was not 1 ally out there, so they all had to instance to level for the 1st couple days and so on (The realm's 1st achievements are all owned by the Horde btw "For the Horde!"). I checked my friends list and noticed that my friends were 83 when I was still closing out on 80. We all played beta so we knew what we were doing ahead of time. After that 1st night, I had my normal crazy work hours and was tired as **** that week from a couple late nights.

Hope you enjoyed my story :D

Quoted:
Don't got the money for WoW.

Man, just do what I do, buy and sell gamecards. Buy your initial 30 or 60 day gamecard to get started, buy another 60-day card and sell it for like 10-15k gold. Then buy a code from someone in game for 5-6k gold and rinse and repeat. Free WoW!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 3:25pm | Report
I still don't get why people insist on playing on a PVP server. They say they're hard core and you're a care bear and stuff if you're on PVE. But if people are just gonna waste a tonne of time getting ganked or hiding in instances, what's the point? Then you hit level cap and just sit in town doing arenas/bgs/raids anyways, which is almost all cross-realm now so it doesn't really matter what server you're on?
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 4:43pm | Report
I'm personally on a PvP server for the constant threat when questing and leveling. I mean.. It's much more fun when you actually gotta pay attention to your surroundings, not just your quest mob?
You however aren't allowed to ***** and whine if you get ganked though. It's a PvP server, expect it or transfer! ;)

I've had a lot of fun allowing myself to be set up for a gank, then to totally devastate their ***. And as a Fire Mage! Hah, poor bastards! God I'm such a PvP addict.. (Those guild Slayer achievements so gave me a raging ***** of happiness)
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 5:38pm | Report
Well here's the deal, I have tons of clips of me dueling other mlg players and I intend on creating a video with all of these. I've faced many #1 glads of every class and I have some very good footage showing great pvp material that can help the viewers learn. But, I can't take the que times anymore and now that rated bgs have come out, I would love faster que times so that I can enjoy my time online and get more accomplished. I guess for that reason, I will be headed back to Tich Ally.

PS: I'm that guy who ganks you non-stop ;)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 10:27pm | Report
Well if you get off on DOING the ganking, then fair enough :) That's what all those masochists are there for lol...

I used to love that aspect of it Scrax. My first character was a horde rogue and I teamed up with a few other rogues and we kinda half quested and half terrorized everyone else :) Doesn't seem to happen that way any more though :(
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide