Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Guild Wars 2

Creator: Luther3000 August 17, 2012 9:14am
312 posts - page 15 of 32
drunken0elf
<Member>
drunken0elf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 4:00pm | Report
I might get it I might not. Convince me. What so great about Guildwars2. I thought it was up to lvl 20 cap like GW1 but I was told otherwise so now I might buy it.

Oh and Chaar are freaking cool and so the engineer class. Please talk about broken op stuff, broken underpowered stuff, items, armor, pvp, pve, playing with friends, etc. I'M most likely gonna buy it but I'd like to know about these things.

Thanks to Amazing Monkey for the sig. Just like his name, he's amazing
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 4:56pm | Report

I might get it I might not. Convince me. What so great about Guildwars2. I thought it was up to lvl 20 cap like GW1 but I was told otherwise so now I might buy it.

Oh and Chaar are freaking cool and so the engineer class. Please talk about broken op stuff, broken underpowered stuff, items, armor, pvp, pve, playing with friends, etc. I'M most likely gonna buy it but I'd like to know about these things.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/manual

also, it's up to lvl 80
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:41am | Report
Asura are too comically amazing. They are tiny, evil masterminds and run like children. In short, they are adorable. So adorable, in fact, that mini pets almost match their size.

I have provided a picture for scale, note that my Asura is the maximum height.

And mini Ettin is the best pet ever. :3
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 7:45am | Report

Wait are you calling GW 1 ****? Its one of the best online games I have played, sure level 20 cap seems dull. But you still got more skill points to spend, so you could say you did in fact level higher then 20. Just that the number didn't changed.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 8:03am | Report
:3 pets op!
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:02pm | Report

Ok lets wrap this up quick I am sleepy.

What do you think when you think about a good MMO? It should have good PvE and PvP content right? It should have a decent level time so the game feels well paced and you should have something to do end-game.

Now what do you think a good RPG needs to have? A good story line? Decent crafting system? A world that feels alife and that you influnce?

Well merg that together and you got gw2 in a nutshell.

The amount of PvE content is like stupidly high. I doubt anyone will do all events any time soon and even only the heart events will take some time. I still discoverd some new one in my starting area after clearing 100% of the obvious stuff ( Asura power rangers anyone ?).

On top of that you got 2 very well made PvP systems. WvWvW is a hugh scale battleground. There are points to get and/or defend. Castels, towers and small supply camps. Everything can be capped by your enemy if you don't stop him. While doing it solo will get you killed it is not that hard to find a group of ppl and run along . With a lot of friends it sure is more epic .
The other PvP is the structred on 5v5 teams battle each other in computer made tournements for rewards cheast and glory. I can't tell first hand but the guy from my guild that play it say it is very tactical.

Moving one. I am pretty sure you are aware of the "grind" in other MMOs for levels . While in GW2 the quests may not be something totaly new, they are very nicly packed. As they said you don't run to the guy and he gives you a wall of text. You come to an area get a little text that is like " Hey I just met you and this is carzy, but there is something so helpe me, maybe". In the end you do the same as killing 10 bears for fur but it is packed as the bears over run the city and start attacking NPC and players ( yes bears do kill kids ) you can just ignore the event and move on ( even though the bears will probably try to kill you) or you can step in and fill that bar or empty it depending on the event.

Now to the leveling it self. Like in other MMOS you got areas that are for lvl 5-15, 15-25 etc ppl. there are multiple of all lvls. And you are not limited to do the stuff ony our level. You might aswell go to the lvl 5 area of another race and do the stuff there . You get the same amount of exp ( it is % based for most parts) and it feels just as hard as if you where level 5 yourself ( content below lvl5 is a bit oddly balanced as you happen to be 1 or 2 lvl over the area sometimes) which gives you a hugh amount of places to level at any given time and if you want to play with a friend you sure will find a place so you both can enjoy the game even if he does not level as fast as you.
I can't talk about end-game yet. Still level 39 :/

Ok now to the RPG part.
First of the story. Up to what I saw now it is on top RPG level and by that I don't mean only the main story. Most of the place have there own little back story and a lot of NPC's talk and you can hear what is going on in there life ( e.g. in linons arche you can hear 2 kids, a human and a charr, play ghosts and charr. The charr win and they want to go for another round. The human girl wants to be a charr aswell and the charr kid agrees and the laugh about how stupied grown ups are for fighting over being not the same) pretty much every where you can hear someone talking . The areas also have there backgrounds. That is not just a hill that happens to have a lot of slimes. No that is the PE&B kurs lab and they are doing experiments on holograms and slimes. Some did escape but nothing they can't handle.... well maybe they do need a little help. And for some events the NPC will run to you and say in his voice " May I have a second" "Hey you can you help me" " Can you spare a min" and so on. You feel importent. Those are a lot of little things you can easly over look but I really enjoy them .

Moving on. The crafting system is very neat. The stuff you craft is retty usfull and it feels rewarding to do it at any given time, any job. Hand down. There is no grind the job to lvl X to start getting usfull stuff you get it from the start ... well if you have the stuff for it.

And lastly the world. They did not lie. They did treat is like a character. As I said everything has it story but everything also has its people. There will be humans in the town walking around, buying stuff and talking to each other. There is a watch dog at the side of the fields that runs after the cat from time to time. There are childr playing and laughing and people coming back from front. Where ever you care you can feel the world around you breath if you want to notice it. If not you ignore it. But I for my part like it to just walk around and see what is going on. You can do that explore the city, the country side and all the other things and feel there breath or youc an just to the run into the area to unlock it as explored you get the same exp and reward for both ingame.
Also if you cheer up the ppl destroy stuff or talk down to someone it can change how they view you for quite some time. It can mean if a shop is open for you or not. If that little girl that is cheerfully hopping down the street is still alive or just if the cows are still where they need to be.

To wrap it up a sum up. If you look for a game where fun is over eveything else and you want to explore a wold, be an adventure then go grab GW2. If you want the get max level and face brainless hard bosses for gear farm I would say try WoW.

So much to my short sum up if you want a more in depth view let me know.

edit: sorry for spelling I am sleppy I fix it tomorrow.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 4:12pm | Report
Another really cool thing that hasn't been said so far is that the heart quests usually give you several ways to help. It's not "Kill X mobs" or "Gather X items", it's several things at once. On the same quest you can be asked to water the plants, feed the animals or kill the wolves attacking the cows. It's rare for me to have to wait for mob/item respawns like I did while playing WoW, even with over 10 people on the same quest. It's usually "Oh, the wolves are all dead, let me go water the plants while they're respawning".

It doesn't sound important, but having to stop playing because you need to wait for respawns was extremely irritating for me and makes no sense at all. In GW2 the game doesn't stop you from playing.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 5:57pm | Report
So I should get this game? Even if I have an overbearing college schedule? HMMMM well it would ever be so nice.

I'm liking what I'm hearing/reading....Someone REALLY has to sell me on it though.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 6:09pm | Report
They've actually withdrawn the game from sale for the moment because the servers are getting pretty damn full.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 6:11pm | Report
Oh well that's wonderful :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide