Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has Windows hit it's peak?

Creator: Searz March 4, 2012 2:47pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 12:43am | Report
Vavena wrote:

I love linux the most, but it doesnt work too well with league so I'm sticking to Windows
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 1:38am | Report
You cant say your XP looks better than W7. It may look better to you, while me and some others find W7 nicer. Its a matter of opinion, not fact. Also where did you come up with 60s boot time? My laptop, W7 Home Premium, Core i5 and lots of **** on it boots faster than 60 seconds.

And about Chromebook. Everything you have is on the webzzz. No privacy, a mid class hacker could easily access to every stuff you ever have on that computer. Oh yeah, Chromebook so awesome, no connection = no laptop.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 2:42am | Report
Haters gonna hate <3

Chromebook is gonna be great. It's the perfect system for web browsing. Most normal people only use their computer for that anyways. I will probably not use it as I'm a gamer, but it's gonna be better than anything Microsoft could muster.
And if you're complaining about security while using a Windows machine you're ****ing out of your mind.
Google won't release something with half***ed security. They'll make sure everything is encryted so that it can't be used even if it gets intercepted. The system itself is gonna be many times more secure than windows, that I have no doubts of.
If Google would be dumb enough to release something as unsafe as Windows no one would use their OS. It's as simple as that.
Oh, and your stuff will probably be availible offline too. It's gonna work kinda like it does on android right now.

Duh, almost everything I say is my opinion.
But as the only one here who has seen my theme and can compare it to W7 (I've used W7 a lot) my opinion says a lot.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 2:47am | Report
I'm not hating. You have this weird thinking that your opinion goes for everyone and any other is just ******ed. Sure, Chromebook is a good browser laptop, but that's as far as it gets. You'll be limited on it like on a Phone, only able to pick apps from marketplace and so, while Windows gives you much more exploration.

And this is my opinion. Because I think otherwise than you and prefer W7, does not mean I'm a hater. I'm starting to think that you're more Windows hater and because of that everyone who likes Windows must be a hater for every other software.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 3:14am | Report
Zoki wrote:

I'm not hating. You have this weird thinking that your opinion goes for everyone and any other is just ******ed.

OHHH MA GAWD, this man is briliant!
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 4:38am | Report
Mac > Windows > Linux
Even if Max&Linux are similiar~
Also in terms of game support, Wine sucks ***&the newer games have in-build mac support.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 4:50am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Mac > Windows > Linux
Also in terms of game support, Wine sucks ***&the newer games have in-build mac support.

Best joke i heard all day.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 4:54am | Report
Zoki wrote:

Because I think otherwise than you and prefer W7, does not mean I'm a hater. I'm starting to think that you're more Windows hater and because of that everyone who likes Windows must be a hater for every other software.

I hate bad software. 90% of microsoft products is bad software. Fact: most windows software is slow and has a ton of bloatware while still missing some features other software has.

Windows XP is a good piece of software, but it's among the only good things to come out of microsoft.

Just btw; did you know that OpenGL "revolutionized" gaming years before DirectX11, sporting the exact same features? Most of Windows' good ideas are in fact stolen from other software and the sad thing is; they aren't even improving on the concept.

As for Chromebook: you do realize that we gamers are a minority and that the majority of people just want the ability to surf the web easily, quickly and hastlefree, right?
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:08am | Report
omagma wrote:

Best joke i heard all day.

Same here.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:08am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Mac > Windows > Linux

Haha, you joker, you <3

Mac and Linux both use the graphical API OpenGL. Most games on Mac should be pretty easy to port to Linux because of that.
OpenGL is about as good if not better than DirectX, but most games are sadly not developed for OpenGL.
WINE "emulates" Windows and DirectX. That's why it works badly.

Linux is a better platform for programs than Windows is and I hope more people will realize that and develop games and stuff for it. That's really the only thing holding it back.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide