Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Humble Weekly Bundle - Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Creator: Searz September 5, 2014 4:42am
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 4:42am | Report
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pretty good bundle. Amnesia and World of Goo are great, and there are a few other interesting ones in there.

Not buying it myself tho since I'm only missing one game.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 4:27pm | Report
daily reminder to not support rock paper shotgun.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 2:08am | Report
caucheka wrote:
daily reminder to not support rock paper shotgun.

I don't know much about them, what did they do?

Also, this doesn't really in any way support RPS, so there's no reason to stay away from this.
Do give all your money to EFF btw. They're great.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 2:37pm | Report
rock paper shotgun is heavily involved in the quinnspiracy and gamergate debacle.

and yeah sorry i didn't mean to imply the money here was going to rps.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 8:11pm | Report
caucheka wrote:
rock paper shotgun is heavily involved in the quinnspiracy and gamergate debacle.

and yeah sorry i didn't mean to imply the money here was going to rps.

The great thing about Humble Bundle is you can chose not to give the devs a dime.

but I will have to look into Rock Paper Shotgun, didn't know they were involved in the quinnspiracy and gamergate debacle. Also I have no idea what the "quinnspiracy and gamergate debacle." is even about :P
Sig by R4GE
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 9:22pm | Report

but I will have to look into Rock Paper Shotgun, didn't know they were involved in the quinnspiracy and gamergate debacle. Also I have no idea what the "quinnspiracy and gamergate debacle." is even about :P

There's a Vox article that explains a bit of it, but many gaming-related sources aren't covering it because they've kinda' got a major conflict of interest on the subject.

For a deeper discussion of this we'd probably want another thread, so as to avoid derailing this thread totally.

Anyway, relating to this bundle I'd say that Dungeons of Dredmor and Audiosurf justify the intro price. They're both excellent. Dungeons of Dredmor is a great my-first-roguelike game, and since this includes both paid-for DLCs, the $1 buy-in is about the same price the whole thing usually goes on sale for.

Audiosurf is one of the original must-own indie PC games from years ago. It's one of the first rhythm-game-to-your-own-music titles, using match-3 style mechanics and some others depending on your game mode. It also keeps global scoreboards, so you can rack up ego points being world champion of songs that almost no one else plays. I generally only play mono, but I also play super fast and crazy death metal songs, so multi-color modes at those speeds are just murderous.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 2:12am | Report
I will have to read that when I get some free time Thanks for posting LifeBaka :)

but back on topic I really don't see myself buying this bundle :(
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 3:45pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

For a deeper discussion of this we'd probably want another thread, so as to avoid derailing this thread totally.

done.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 4:42pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:
Anyway, relating to this bundle I'd say that Dungeons of Dredmor and Audiosurf justify the intro price. They're both excellent. Dungeons of Dredmor is a great my-first-roguelike game

Dungeons of Dredmor is everything I hate in a roguelike. Pretty much EVERYTHING is random.
If you don't like being ****ed over by chance again and again and again then stay the **** away from DoD. Which I know applies to a lot of Roguelikes, but there are those that rely less on luck than others.
Audiosurf is great tho, but I'd guess that most people own it by now.

Have you not played Amnesia or World of Goo? World of Goo is another one of those early "must play" indies.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 5:36pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Dungeons of Dredmor is everything I hate in a roguelike. Pretty much EVERYTHING is random.
If you don't like being ****ed over by chance again and again and again then stay the **** away from DoD. Which I know applies to a lot of Roguelikes, but there are those that rely less on luck than others.

Mm. I'm not sure. I haven't played DoD in a while, but I could consistently get to double digit floors as long as I didn't make decisions I knew to be terrible (which I usually did, because terrible decisions are more fun). There's definitely a decent amount of random in the mechanics, but there's also a loooooot of learning which decisions, from skill choice to actual in-game actions, are and are not good decisions. Yes, attacks have miss chance and there're a bunch of random proc chances on things and a bunch of other random elements, but actual game progress is almost completely unrelated to any of those things. I cannot think of a single time I have ever been shafted by random elements in that game, although I have certainly shafted myself by making poor decisions.

I mentioned Audiosurf mostly 'cuz I don't think we can reasonably assume that all the young people have heard of it. It's been years since it was a big deal and one of the major must-own indie titles.

Searz wrote:
Have you not played Amnesia or World of Goo? World of Goo is another one of those early "must play" indies.

I have played Amnesia, but not much. Not enough to really give an opinion on it. And it's big enough that I figured it didn't need mentioning.

I actually haven't played World of Goo. I own it though. I should clearly fix this.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide