Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Justin Carter

Creator: sirell June 28, 2013 12:55pm
79 posts - page 2 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3037
Joined:
Jan 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Searz wrote:

HOLY ****, ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

-> Makes obvious joke on Facebook.
-> Gets 8 years in prison.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?



not a joke if its a threat, you couldn't say "bomb" in an airport and say "jk"
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 4:14pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

not a joke if its a threat, you couldn't say "bomb" in an airport and say "jk"

Actually, that would be pretty hilarious.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 6:30pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

not a joke if its a threat, you couldn't say "bomb" in an airport and say "jk"


You say it's not a joke if it's a threat. I say it's not a threat if it's a joke.

I have no ****ing idea what evidence they are charging this guy with, though. How did this even get all the way to trial? *******it all if he's ACTUALLY guilty, lol.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10305
Joined:
Jan 8th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 6:38pm | Report
Well, an 18 year old kid gets a life lesson about saying stupid **** I guess.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1130
Joined:
May 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 6:46pm | Report

Well, an 18 year old kid gets a life lesson about saying stupid **** I guess.


I agree that was he said wasn't really gonna get interpreted as a joke especially after the slaughter that happened in the elementary school in Connecticut a while ago. If I had the law in my hand and totally no sense of humour, assuming that I was mad as f*ck before the kid's case became my responsibility, I'd sentence him for 1-3 month community service, or even add to that a 200-500$ fine + a public apology towards the concerned. But to send him to jail for 8 years and ruin the most important years of his life, forbid him from school or graduation, practically crush his ambitions like that... I'm not that f*cking evil.

Sentencing manual for robbery says: A weapon is produced and used to threaten, and/or force is used which results in injury to the victim. Sentence for adults: 2 - 7 years.

And a f*cking joke over the internet by a 18 y/o kid who didn't even threaten with a weapon: 8 years.

Awesome.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 9:15pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

And a f*cking joke over the internet by a 18 y/o kid who didn't even threaten with a weapon: 8 years.


To be fair, he did threaten to shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still-beating hearts. That's kinda threatening with a weapon if you took it seriously.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2317
Joined:
Jul 21st, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 3:29pm | Report
I laughed at the article.
Yeah, community service for a few months would do the trick, not 8 years. A hefty fine would also do the trick

@Moon http://gawker.com/saying-bomb-gets-man-with-tourette-syndrome-kicked-of-484432855
My brother has tourettes, so I'm hoping when we're going on a holiday this doesn't happen...

I agree with Sirell. He threatened to shoot (gun) up a school. Couldn't give a **** if he said "lol jk", that's a serious statement he's made, regardless of what he intended.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2013 7:08am | Report

I agree with Sirell. He threatened to shoot (gun) up a school. Couldn't give a **** if he said "lol jk", that's a serious statement he's made, regardless of what he intended.


Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up. That's not what I said. Yaya said that threatening with a weapon gets 2-7 years and in comparison, making a joke on the internet gets you 8 years. I was merely correcting him with the fact that the joke entailed shooting up a school, and therefore a weapon.

I think it was quite clearly a joke, given the context and that 8 years is extremely excessive, especially given that even until now, I have heard of no actual evidence that is indicating Justin Carter as a potential serial killer other than what was said on FB. If it turns out there was a stash of guns hidden underneath his bed, along with surgical knives and some forks with which to eat the still beating hearts, okay, Canadian lady got lucky and saved a school. If not, Canadian lady overreacted and now a 18/19 year old is now up for losing a good chunk of his life, and I would totally understand if he sued the lady and the State.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2013 8:19am | Report
sirell wrote:

Yaya said that threatening with a weapon gets 2-7 years and in comparison, making a joke on the internet gets you 8 years. I was merely correcting him with the fact that the joke entailed shooting up a school, and therefore a weapon.

Doesn't that punishment require an actual weapon to make the threat with? Because if you can get 7 years for threatening somebody with imaginary weapons then you can color me surprised.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2013 9:02am | Report
The point was that he made a threat (if it was considered as a threat, not a joke) which implied that he had a weapon. Insofar as taking the threat seriously, it doesn't really matter whether or not the weapon actually exists. However, you are right in that since no such weapon has actually been found (as far as I know), I am coloured quite surprised that they are charging him with 8 years.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide