Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Mind = BLOWN

Creator: gameaddicted April 10, 2012 6:38am
19 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
gameaddicted
<Member>
gameaddicted's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 6:38am | Report
if nothing is impossible... is it possible for the possibility of impossibility to be impossible?

Can someone please explain this to me?
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 6:49am | Report
Thanks to Sykic!
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 6:49am | Report
This is just a pardox. Like

"All spartens are liers. I am a sparten."

The two cases exclude eachother. In your case becaus they are the opposit of eachother. Something can't be itself and once opposite at the same time. You could also try to make the sentece work. If the impossibele is possible can it then still be the impossibel becaus if it is possibel it never was impossibel therfor it is just a name which means nothing can be impossibel but stuff can be name impossibel due that the possibility of impossibility is given even if everything is possible.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 7:25am | Report
@LaronX:
Havent you ever heard of Schrodinger's Cat? He was both alive and dead at the same time @,@ Paradigms CAN exist in the metaphysical state, which is where the possability of an impossability can exist because it is impossible for impossabilities to exist. I think that sentence is totally plausible. Just wish they could fit that text on a Philosoraptor meme. OH and i have one for you:

If kings rule kindoms,
Dukes rule Dukedoms,
and Princes rule princedoms,
Who rules this Country?

Edit: Just realized... Why isnt this in off topic???
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 7:50am | Report
@The Overmynnd

It is now :)
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 9:44am | Report
Yes. Obviously it is, because everything is possible.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 1:58pm | Report

if nothing is impossible... is it possible for the possibility of impossibility to be impossible?

Yes.

I had to read it 5 times before I was sure :3
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 4:44pm | Report

Havent you ever heard of Schrodinger's Cat? He was both alive and dead at the same time

That's not what Schrodinger's cat is.. It's not "there's a cat inside the box, it's either dead or alive", it's the Copenhagen interpretation which states that a given wave-function reflects the several possible states the system can have and when measured it assumes only one of those possibilities. In this case a cat is put into a closed box with a mechanism which will kill the cat if one of the radioactive atoms inside such mechanism decay. In an hour the probability of one atom decaying is about 50%. So, at the end of the hour the cat has a 50% chance of being alive and 50% chance of being dead.
It's not "if you put a cat into a box you don't know if he's dead or alive". You do know. Boxes don't simply kill cats, and even if they did it wouldn't be a 50% chance.

Paradigms CAN exist in the metaphysical state

Metaphysical is the opposite of science, it's not even related to the schrodinger's cat "paradox".

A good metaphysical paradox would be "Can god make a rock so heavy that he himself cannot lift?"
Actually, that isn't a paradox either, because there's an answer. If he makes a planet, a really heavy rock, then he can't "lift" it because it would be considering "pushing" instead.

Searz wrote:

Yes.

I had to read it 5 times before I was sure :3

Actually.. No. First let's substitute the words for synonyms, so it's easier to read:
is it possible for the possibility of impossibility to be impossible?
can the possibility of impossibility to be impossible?
can the probability of something being impossible to be impossible?

So, if the answer is yes then what you're saying is:
1. It is impossible for something to be impossible.
So, if the answer is no then what you're saying is:
2. It is possible for something to be impossible.

If you say "yes" then you're saying something is indeed impossible, which forces the affirmation to be false.
If you say "no" then you're saying something can be impossible, which forces the premise, that "nothing is impossible" to be false.
The problem with this is that you don't have a true premise. It's like saying "if all pees are green and everything that's green is red, what colour are the pees?". If pees are green then they have to be red, but if they're red then they can't be pees because pees are green. Would you call it a paradox as well? No.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 5:07pm | Report
That Canoas guy makes everything un-funny.

Good thing Tosh is here.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide