Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Minecraft!

Creator: Yekk12 June 21, 2011 11:24am
78 posts - page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yekk12
<Member>
Yekk12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 11:24am | Report
I was wondering how many of you guys play minecraft here?
It's an epic game and although i'm playing the... "un-official" version, but i like to think of it as a demo until i get paid >_>'
Anyway, since i can't get into servers i was hoping you guys could post your favourite adventure maps if you have one. I'll start.

Vechs Super hostile series: Link

These maps are brilliant, basically the goal is to complete the "Victory momument" by finding certain blocks in the world. They are VERY hard maps and im currently playing the "Canopy of carnage".

I hope we get a list going :) Thanks.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 11:32am | Report
I never found this game of interest. I fail to find the fun in paying $22 to walk around in 8bit with chat flooded with ***** jokes and putting boxes down to make something.
There are better "Build with your imagination" games out there that are free if thats your thing.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 11:33am | Report
I don't like playing, but i love watching others play it. Mostly becouse the gameplay is kinda boring. But you can do some amazing stuff with it...

Just watch the yogscast ^^
Yekk12
<Member>
Yekk12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 11:51am | Report
Yeah yogcast is amazing :)
And Ya1232, when i first saw it i thought it was a load of rubbish but i downloaded it and it turned out to be alot of fun. Sure the singleplayer can get boring (especially if you're new which is why i reccomend watching videos before testing it) but the multiplayer is awesome!
Also i have not came across a single ***** joke in minecraft except for peoples immature view on the creeper... it's not a green *****.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:26pm | Report
Yekk12 wrote:

Yeah yogcast is amazing :)
And Ya1232, when i first saw it i thought it was a load of rubbish but i downloaded it and it turned out to be alot of fun. Sure the singleplayer can get boring (especially if you're new which is why i reccomend watching videos before testing it) but the multiplayer is awesome!
Also i have not came across a single ***** joke in minecraft except for peoples immature view on the creeper... it's not a green *****.

Most videos I have watched thats all it was >.<
I just cant justify paying $22 to place blocks...
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:36pm | Report
Only reason i wuld ever pay for minecraft wuld be if i had 3 other friends doing the same. Single player looks booring...

But multiplayer just looks awsome! 4 players and an open sand box...
Yekk12
<Member>
Yekk12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 1:08pm | Report
yeah, i suppose it's one of those games where it would last longer if you had friends playing, although there are alot of servers that people have running where you can just drop in and build.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 1:12pm | Report
I think its also a game more for those that LIKE and WANT to build things. People that have really really wild imaginations and are good at building such things.
Its a different genre of game than, well for example, LoL.

I can see how the game would be fun, but I just dont get it from a personal stance.
Wnuk
<Member>
Wnuk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 3:16pm | Report
Ya1232 wrote:

Most videos I have watched thats all it was >.<
I just cant justify paying $22 to place blocks...

Minecraft is an awesome game if u play with friends online. Minecraft will cost 20 euro when realeased in stores (september) and first of all that isnt much. Atm MC is 15 euro, and it was 5 euro at first, then 10. I have bought minecraft 3 times, 2 copies to friends. And those money where well spent. You should realy try the game out with some friends (launch a hamachi server and dl the game 4 free). :)
Credits to Scrax for the awesome sig!
Yekk12
<Member>
Yekk12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 3:58pm | Report
Ya1232 wrote:

I think its also a game more for those that LIKE and WANT to build things. People that have really really wild imaginations and are good at building such things.
Its a different genre of game than, well for example, LoL.

I can see how the game would be fun, but I just dont get it from a personal stance.

i see what you mean, i need other people with me so we can share ideas before i can build something that looks nice to look at.
Everyone has their own opinion, i personally am not that imaginative... i prefer pre-set games such as WoW (it's lore etc)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide