Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Minecraft!

Creator: Yekk12 June 21, 2011 11:24am
78 posts - page 6 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 1:02am | Report
Canoas wrote:

I'm not even sure what the problem is but I'll try to explain it.

Minecraft was made in order to mimic the real world. In the real world there are clouds that form when the dewpoint of water is reached in the presence of condensation nuclei in the troposphere. Some of these clouds are Cumulonimbus. These clouds are special because they create electrostatic discharges at their centre, which then propagate as bolts of lighting and conduct the electricity through the air into the ground.
Since minecraft's objective is to mimic the real world these clouds are sometimes present, which then form thunderstorms and consequently electrostatic discharges, aka lighting bolts.
When one of these bolts touches the ground it'll scorch the nearby area, and if a Creeper (a monster in minecraft that explodes when it gets close to you) is within that area then he'll be charged with electricity and become much more powerful, to an extent that will most likely terrify you and make you **** your pants.

If your doubt was if the sound of the lighting itself could hit the monster then technically yes. Sound is a mechanical wave and will interfere with any material that it crosses. Minecraft is not a physical world, but sound does have travel time and therefore passes through objects that are within the specified range, making contact with them and, by definition, hitting them.

If your doubt was if the thunder itself could trigger the creeper charge then I do not know. It might be a particular sound with a certain intensity and source that triggers the transformation, or it may be the lightning itself that charges all creepers within a certain distance. It is most likely the former, but I am not sure. It is a technical question that you should ask in the official minecraft forums.

If all you wanted to say is that thunder is the sound made by lightning and not the electrical discharge itself then you should not have made 10 posts asking the same question over and over again. One line of text would be more than enough to transmit such idea.

DISCLAIMER: Any mistakes made in this post are not to be attributed to the author but to the author's lack of sleep. The author is not liable for anything written in this post with the exception of attribution of "+Rep", which should be rightfully attributed to the post's author.

Hell of a 1000th post.
Tri lane for life.
Yekk12
<Member>
Yekk12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 7:08am | Report
@Canoas

Bloody brilliant.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 11:06am | Report
I'm glad you all liked my post = D

Ok, I've finished my latest project, but I don't know what to do with it.

It's a glass dome with 35 meters radius on top of a 10 meter high stone circle in the middle of the sea and I need to fill it with something.

What shall I build inside?
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 11:11am | Report
Blow it upp >:) you seem to have alot of sulfur. Hoho !
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 11:24am | Report
that's glowdust, to make glowstone to light the place during the night.
But I do have enough gunpowder to make around 150 TNTs.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 10:36am | Report
lolol i see someone is using an unlicensed copy
Yekk12
<Member>
Yekk12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:52pm | Report
Canoas...
if you want to set up a ... "legit server", we could play some adventure maps >_>''
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 5:08pm | Report
I really want to buy the game but my credit card is malfunctioning.. I'll get it by the end of June though, I just hope the price doesn't rise again = (
When I do buy it I'll go look for survival servers with good mods, like the extra weapons one.

BTW, this server used to be multiplayer survival with no cheats, but now we started to use OP commands to give items since it's just impossible to get the 10k glass needed for that dome, between other things.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 11:51am | Report
I just bought the game = D

Who knows of a cool multiplayer server?
Chiefiosi
<Member>
Chiefiosi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 12:55pm | Report
It's a really nice game, there are often content updates and a nice multiplayer! Only thing i hate are the server problems sometimes, but something i can forgive notch for :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide