Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

MS Removal Tool 2.20 Virus

Creator: Nighthawk April 30, 2011 12:39pm
1 2
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 6:01pm | Report
try contacting MS support.

Yes, it takes an hour to hold and they hook you up with someone from India that doesn't understand English.

But, around 5% of the time they may actually help.

They actually helped me when I was getting a dirty disk thing.

So yea, give them a run.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 6:21pm | Report
Have you tried the system recovery? Laptops usually have it.

If you don't, it is possible to manually remove the virus by changing the registry, but I don't advise you to do it as it's pretty risky unless you know what you're doing. I doubt you'll have enough time to do it if it does crash your system that soon.

Since it's a laptop there should be a factory system restore partition or CD. Of course, using it would restore your system to the factory settings (like when you first bought it), meaning you would lose everything on it.

Is there anything important on your disk? I really advise you to either use the system recovery/restore or completely format the hard drive. It's a pain in the ***, but it's the safest and easiest way.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:22am | Report
Eventually if nothing else happens, i'll try to restore the disk/system recovery, but I don't have any disk that goes along with that.

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:44am | Report
If you don't then you'll need to completely format it.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:50am | Report
Yes, hence why that is a last option.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 12:36pm | Report
Well there should be something called system restore. When important updates happen/things install it auto makes a restore point. Search "system restore" in your computer, find a date that was before this started to happen, and load it. It will restore your computer exactly to how it was at that time, the virus might go away with it.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide