Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Need a Freaking Title!!

Creator: Amazing Monkey
July 7, 2012 6:58pm
28 posts page 1 of 3 Forums » Off Topic » Need a Freaking Title!!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » July 7, 2012 6:58pm | Report
Sooooo, there's this script that I'm working on for my career and as I'm writing it, I am trying to come up with some title ideas. But I really suck at making titles so I thought some of you might be to help!

The Plot is about a mid-twenties college dropout that begins to confuse her dreams with reality. It all starts from an accident that leaves her with unpredicted concussions throughout the story. The story is meant to be dark and twisted, blending styles from The Black Swan, Fight Club, and Final Fantasy VIII; Along with bits of mythology such as the concept of the Kitsune ( Ahri).

Now, when thinking of a title, I had an idea of using a reference to a popular childhood song, "Row Row Your Boat" (or whatever it's called). I wanted to give an innocent name with a dark, twisted message, mainly focused on implying the ending line, "life is but a dream." But I've come up with nothing that sounds good or catchy. "Gently Down","Stream", "Dream Row" GARBAGE!!!

Ugh....I think I just need a new perspective. I know I'd come up with on eventually, but I'd like to sort of rush the process....any ideas?

If you felt I contributed and stuff, can I have a (+1 Rep =3)?
Need a sig? Come get one for at Amazing Monkey's Community Sig Shop!
View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!
Amazing Monkey's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (59)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by DuskToGlory » July 7, 2012 7:31pm | Report
My first thought was the line "is this real life, or is it just fantasy" from Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. so I was thinking something like "Dream Rhapsody". Yeah , it has nothing to do with your "row, row, row your boat" idea, but it's the best I got.

Thanks to DuskToGlory for the sigs. LOL :)

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? I ran out of witty remarks about this, just do it, or not.
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar

DuskToGlory
<Member>
Rep: Notable (33)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » July 7, 2012 7:43pm | Report
Eh...One thing I forgot to mention is that I'd like to avoid using the word "dream" in the title. I feel that it's too direct.

View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by DuskToGlory » July 7, 2012 8:02pm | Report
Personally I don't see anything wrong about being direct, however, it is your story and if you want to be abstract with the title go ahead, I just won't be of much help in that regard.

Thanks to DuskToGlory for the sigs. LOL :)

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? I help you? you help me, no?
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar

DuskToGlory
<Member>
Rep: Notable (33)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Toshabi » July 8, 2012 4:02am | Report
"Cliche Galore"

I demand 80% of the royalties. :V
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Toshabi's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Rep: Renowned (509)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Searz » July 8, 2012 4:14am | Report
I think having it as just "Row, row your boat" is a pretty good idea. Because it's something everyone has heard of and it'll interest them, especially if the story is a bit dark.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Searz's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Rep: Esteemed (444)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Keondre » July 8, 2012 4:31am | Report
Maybe "Ashes to Ashes we all fall down" ish kind of theme because having that sort of dark-ish background with a little childhood song title will catch the attention of the implied audience.

I still like the "Row, row your boat" idea...
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
Keondre's Forum Avatar

Keondre
<Member>
Rep: Distinguished (221)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » July 8, 2012 12:45pm | Report
Mweeeeeh

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by SkullzX » July 8, 2012 12:52pm | Report
SkullzX's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
SkullzX
<Member>
Rep: Notable (30)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by LaronX » July 8, 2012 1:19pm | Report
While playing Zelda and just finsihing Ganandorf I would say
"Day Dreams"
"Swayed by a dream"
"The dream-road called life"
"Sleepy"
"What ever is real"

That is all I got for now.
LaronX's Forum Avatar

LaronX
<Member>
Rep: Notable (39)

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!