Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Need Help With Video

Creator: Re4XN August 26, 2015 2:26pm
19 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 9:12am | Report
Lsi+obs=problem solved?

Play around with the obs settings to find a good quality to record with.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 9:32am | Report
Don't bother commenting if you aren't gonna read the thread.. It's not a long thread..
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 10:01am | Report
Searz wrote:
Don't bother commenting if you aren't gonna read the thread.. It's not a long thread..

I did read it but with low quality recording it should be able work on his computer. If he only need clips for his guide the quality isn't that big of a deal.

Edit: Tons of settings in obs so he should be able find something that works for his computer.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 2:19pm | Report
I am currently playing around with OBS settings to find an "average" quality (I did run into a black screen issue, but I think I know how to fix it). Shoulnd't be a problem, I might be able to record the thing tomorrow or the day after. Thanks for all your help guys :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 3:14pm | Report
^You don't wanna bother with encoding specifics?
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 5:14pm | Report
Searz wrote:
^You don't wanna bother with encoding specifics?

What do you mean? I don't know a whole lot about recording, so any help isvwelcome :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
What do you mean? I don't know a whole lot about recording, so any help isvwelcome :)

You might have missed this comment of mine:
Searz wrote:
Oh, I'm mainly asking to know which encoding options you will have available to you.
Intel and Nvidia both have hardware encoding that works with OBS.

What are your encoding settings?

I went with Nvidia's encoder because Intel Quick Sync caused audio sync problems for me.

I'm using the "Nvidia NVENC" encoder at quality balance 8, 15000kb/s VBR (Variable BitRate) with audio at 128kb/s, 44.1kHz and AAC format. I really recommend turning the "Use CBR" (Constant BitRate) option off for local recording. These settings are all in the "Encoding" tab, but more options can be found in the "Advanced" tab.
Make sure you have CFR (Constant FrameRate) turned off. There are a lot of different encoding options in the "NVENC Preset" drop-down. I found the best results with "High Performance Low Latency (2pass)". Very little performance impact with good quality balance.

I can also teach you a bit about video transcoding if you'd like. It's very useful for videos you'd like to keep on your PC as it can reduce file sizes by half with very little loss in quality.

Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2015 11:57am | Report
I tried using your settings, no lag in-game, lots of lag in the video (as I said, my PC isn't the best, lol). What I am currently testing:

Video:

Encoder: x264
Quality Balance: 10
Max Bitrate: 3000
Custom Buffer Size: 0
Codec: AAC
Base Resolution: 1366x768 (this is giving me problems, the video is kind of blurry

Audio:

Format: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 128

I think I included everything I messed with. So far, the video seems okay, not very smooth, not very laggy either. I will try to mess around abit more to see if I can improve it further.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2015 4:22pm | Report
Are you sure you changed to the NVENC encoder and went into advanced and changed to the "High Performance Low Latency (2pass)"? If so then just try your standard bitrate(3000) and if that works well try 8000kb/s.

Which of the 3 encoding options (at the top of the endcoding page) are available? Can you click on all 3?

Your laptop has a 1366x768 resolution?

Change quality balance to 8. It's the balance between sharpness during movement and sharpness during still images.

Change audio "Format" (it's actually called sampling rate, dunno why the f OBS calls it format) to 44.1kHz.

Did you disable CBR and CFR like I told you to?
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide