Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

oh **** microsoft what did you do

Creator: caucheka May 23, 2012 7:14am
1 2
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 1:52pm | Report
If the patent doesn't comply with the IEEE standards then they should go **** themselves. Patents in the US are simply ********, the US has no idea whatsoever how patents should work so they allow any kind of **** like this. Some time ago it was motorola being sued by apple because they're using a "slide to unlock" feature on their smart phones.. As if sliding doors weren't invented in the last century. These problems will keep occurring because anything remotely original, even if a third grader can come up with it, is allowed to be patented with no reasonable limit to the fees. IEEE should be in charge of all electronic related patents, not some ****ty government. I mean, just go to the US patent office website and it says in one of the titles: "USPTO Has Critical Need For Electrical Engineers". So how are they even able to correctly evaluate a patent? They're lacking the qualified engineers to do that! Maybe following the IEEE, which is pretty much the largest association of electronic engineers on the planet, would be a better choice.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Hah, Failhard is doing good work again.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 1:25am | Report
oh, another thing i found hilarious about this.

microsoft claimed that it would be a terrible decision to ban the console because that would mean people moved over to sony/nintendo and the judge said that he thinks sony/nintendo can handle it.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 2:02am | Report
I'm really interested as to how this will finish, couple possible theories:

1 - Motorola wins somehow, XBox 360 Slims get banned, will have to remake 360 while Pro model starts to resell or no 360s sold during time period.
2 - Motorola loses, sucks for them 360s continue made.
3 - Microsoft forced to pay cash settlement to Motorola in exchange for Patents.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 2:27am | Report
oh, motorola is owned by google, so they're not going to step down so easily.

considering the court appears to be in motorolas favor, and with motorola under googles control, i highly doubt microsoft will win.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide