Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 6:39am | Report
In b4 "LimitlessHavocs best top lane Riven guide"

Basically MOBAFire.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 6:50am | Report

Seth346 wrote:
Vapora Dark also believes my coding is better than the top 100 guides... Pretty awesome, aren't I?

What I actually said:

the coding on your guide is in fact just fine, there top rated guides on the site with 100x worse coding than yours, so that's not an excuse you should be falling back on.

????
LimitlessHavoc
<King of the Hill>
LimitlessHavoc's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 7:34am | Report
._.
Awesome Sig by OwenTheAwesomer
LimitlessHavoc
<King of the Hill>
LimitlessHavoc's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 7:38am | Report
Quoted:

a pretty obvious choice I think

You're bad
Awesome Sig by OwenTheAwesomer
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 8:42am | Report

You're bad

Reported

Basically MOBAFire.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 4:58pm | Report
sports·man·ship (spôrts′mən-shĭp′)
n.
The conduct and attitude of participants in sports, especially when considered commendable as in fair play, courtesy, and grace in losing.

(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sportsmanship)

Which goes to basically both sides. I find it rather disturbing that there's some serious psychological warfare going on about two guides for the same champion in a ****ing video game. I understand that both of you have invested lots of time in writing your guide and I understand that you would be happy to be "first place" (I don't understand all these other people going about as well though), but come on, don't act like Riven players for once. :^)

This would have been "funny jokes part 7 3/4th" if I had the time right now. Oh well.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 6:15pm | Report
Havoc hasn't been involved in the drama much, aside from being the person that Seth is jealous of and belittled in his guide comments.

Seth insists that he's the victim of enormous misfortune and that the only reason he ever lost the #1 spot was because Havoc's guide got scouted ("resulting in a HUGE surge of views!"), and then as a result of being scouted, won the guide contest in the top lane category ("resulting in ANOTHER huge surge of views!"), which then sealed the deal and made Havoc's guide rise soooooo far ahead of Seth's that he may now never close the gap because of the advantage that Havoc was given.

I was talking to Seth over PM and one of my points was that the guide contest and being featured has little to no impact over how many views a guide gets. To back it up I checked cached pages of MOBAFire all the way from August 2015 that showed exactly how many views Havoc gained from those two things that Seth blames losing his "throne" from. And funnily enough, the 7 days after he got featured, he gained less views than he had the previous 7 days. And after the guide contest? Exact same thing. No difference, his views actually went down from the previous 7 days.

And what's more is these things are what Seth blames losing his #1 spot on (Havoc featured -> Havoc overtakes him -> Havoc wins contest -> Seth can't catchup), but actually Havoc's guide only became featured on 31st December; he overtook Seth in early October and on 13th November he got #1. He went over a month and a half without being featured but still gaining more votes than Seth (while Seth gained even more views than him since at the time he had more total views and more total votes so it looked more legit to readers than Havoc's low votes low views guide), then he got featured and it made no difference over his views.

Over time his views gradually went up while Seth's gradually went down, which can be explained by Havoc's guide beginning to look more established and reputable as it grew in views and votes, making more people want to click his rather than Seth's. Then Havoc won the top lane category and again; no difference. His views gained in the 7 days after winning were less than his gained views in the 7 days prior to winning.

Seth has the timeline of his own story completely wrong (since Havoc "dethroned" him long before the feature and contest victory, which he claims are the things that allowed Havoc to overtake him), and thinks that Havoc's feature + contest victory gave him a huge advantage advantage over Seth because of the huge surge in views, which is again completely wrong and I showed him the proof of that in the PM.

His response was, verbatim: "Only thing I know is that after he won the tourney his views increased tenfold. Explain that then, without disproving my point that it led to him overtaking me."

I mean, I'd literally just showed him screenshots proving that Havoc's views DIDN'T increase anywhere near tenfold after winning the contest, he in fact started gaining less views right after? And he thinks that even if there's another logical explanation for Havoc's views increasing tenfold (which they didn't...), that still doesn't disprove that Havoc only overtook Seth because he won the guide contest (which makes no sense since he overtook Seth 3 months prior to winning and got #1 2 months prior to winning???).

The guy's ego is literally so huge he can't see reason, to the point of being delusional. After receiving that response from him I decided there was no point talking to him any further since it was more pointless than arguing with a brick wall. And that would've been the end of my interactions with him if not for the fact that he chose to completely twist the meaning of something I said, and then even take it out of context to "quote" it on his guide to make himself look good. And now even after correcting it he's still taking what I said out of context to big himself up to his readers.

???????????
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 6:19pm | Report
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 8:11pm | Report
Now that Vapora's had his chance to vent his (understandable) frustration, can we let this go? Latest Legend and I are thinking the same thing here; there are better things to talk about than this. Cool off a bit for now, and it won't seem as important later on.

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2016 9:29pm | Report
i admit i'm not reading this much but i thought they were trolling each other.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide