Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Rollercoaster Tycoon World revealed for early 2015

Creator: Quite Nomible October 15, 2014 5:03am
1 2
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 5:03am | Report

So much childhood... can't believe they're still continueing the series. After an absolute terrible Android version of Rollercoaster Tycoon with a ridiculous amount of microtransactions (which came out this year), they're going to release a brand new version of Rollercoaster Tycoon for PC in early 2015.

As far as I know, they only released this teaser and every now and then they're releasing some concepts on their official facebook page, so it's quite hard what to expect gameplay-wise. I hope most of the gameplay will remain like the old games, just to get the nostalgia rollin'.

Nonetheless I'm very hyped for this regardless of how much it would differ from the old games. I will probably instabuy it just because of the time I've invested on this game in the past, and the fact that RCT1 was my first game I've ever played in my life on PC.

Can't wait until this gets launched. The memories are real.
nog even kort samengevat: een lampje is voor dove mensen, een ratelapparaat voor blinden. het mooiste is natuurlijk een combinatie van beide: een lampje met een ratelapparaat, voor het geval er iemand langskomt die blind én doof is.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 5:12am | Report
Oh man I used to love the first 2 of the series, together with Theme Hospital. I never really went back to that sort of games, Sims puts me off and it seems like they started focusing too much on weird graphics that I gave no ****s about.

Might pay attention to this
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 5:29am | Report
I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2, then 3 came out with new and improved poo graphics and I have been turned off from the series ever since. I really hope they bring back what made the first two games so great.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 5:47am | Report
I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2, then 3 came out with new and improved poo graphics and I have been turned off from the series ever since. I really hope they bring back what made the first two games so great.

I feel you, 3 didn't capture the real feeling of the game; it was essentially “It's like Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 but prettier and therefore better.” which proved that the designers had no idea what the appeal is of the original game.
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 6:13am | Report
Yeah, RCT3 wasn't the best game of the series, although I really liked it how you could go in camera-mode and get in your own rollercoaster, as if you were in the guests point of view. They could've done the graphics way better for a 3D game, though.
I hope none of you have played RCT for Android, though. It's awful in every single aspect, worse than RCT3, worse than pretty much any game.
💣︎✡︎ ☜︎✠︎✋︎💧︎❄︎☜︎☠︎👍︎☜︎ ✋︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎🕈︎

👍︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ☺︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎ 💣︎☜︎📬︎📬︎📬︎

✋︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ 💧︎☜︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 💧︎⚐︎⚐︎☠︎

⚐︎☼︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎✍︎
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 6:21am | Report
I love games like this. Now if they can just make a new zoo tycoon that doesn't suck. The original still outclasses the new ones in every level except graphics. ;/
On topic of Rollercoaster tycoon though, only played 2 and I loved it.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 7:00am | Report
Android, though. It's awful in every single aspect, worse than RCT3, worse than pretty much any game.

Someone here clearly hasn't played Daikatana.
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 7:05am | Report

Someone here clearly hasn't played Daikatana.

How terrible is it?
ik heb geen hoge pet van mezelf. als ik mezelf zie op televisie dan denk ik: dat kan ik ook wel.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 7:11am | Report

How terrible is it?

Quoted:
The game is known as one of the major commercial failures of the video game industry.

source
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 7:34am | Report

That looks pretty terrible indeed. I'd guess RCT4 Android is pretty much going that way plus the fact that you constantly need to pay microtransactions in order to play the whole game, along with waiting times until progress happens similar to something like Farmville. At least Eurogamer was kind enough to give Daikatana a 5/10, it gave a 1/10 to RCT4 Android. Most people reviewing RCT4 also stated that they wanted to puke when they played the game.
nog even kort samengevat: een lampje is voor dove mensen, een ratelapparaat voor blinden. het mooiste is natuurlijk een combinatie van beide: een lampje met een ratelapparaat, voor het geval er iemand langskomt die blind én doof is.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide