Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I just watched Requiem for A Dream...

Creator: MrCuddowls October 11, 2013 8:16pm
1 2 3
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:16pm | Report
Drugs are bad for you.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:18pm | Report
I am Dutch and I do not approve of this message.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:28pm | Report
The cool thing about the film is that it's about obsessions that destroy you, and the film in and of itself is an obsession that will leave you destroyed at the end.

@Nikki
Not saying having a blunt once per week is bad, I'm saying anything you can get addicted to that can hurt you is bad. The only real way you would hurt yourself when smoking marijuana is if you do it whilst driving a car or walking around at night.

The movie isn't about this, it's about the death of a dream and the deterioration of reality.
If you haven't watched it you wouldn't know where I'm coming from.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:35pm | Report
Just a little joke playing on the stereotype, that's all. Haven't seen the movie.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:51pm | Report
Are you really Dutch?

If you're thinking about watching it:
It's not for anyone who hates being uncomfortable, because that's how you're going to feel while watching it. If you're claustrophobic or epileptic, you won't enjoy it either.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:51pm | Report
i dunno most of the money ive made in my life had to do with drugs, didnt seem too bad for me

not sayin i was a drug dealer or anything just that most of the money ive made in my life was drug related

also its mainly the "hardcore" drugs that are really a problem, along with addictions, and people can get addicted to anything
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 1:20am | Report
Is requiem for a dream a movie? I thought it was just a song
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 6:54am | Report
It's a movie. The director went out of his way to make sure that every aspect of the movie was disturbing, to the point where my head hurt watching it. Tense moments were truly scary even though it isn't a scary movie. In terms of cinematography, the movie always displayed the weirdest, most anxiety inspiring angles I've ever seen. It's definitely worth a watch because this movie almost guaranteed to leave you emotionally exhausted and that's why you would watch it.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 8:56am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Is requiem for a dream a movie? I thought it was just a song

Youtube video title notwithstanding, that song appears to be a remix of Requiem for a Dream's theme, "Lux Aeterna" by Clint Mansell. As a side note, I don't think it's actually a good remix; there's too much going on to distract from the simple and poignant string melody.

I think it's also worth noting that the drugs portrayed in Requiem for a Dream are primarily cocaine and heroin, if my memory serves. I don't think anyone would really want to argue that those two don't **** people up. (Not, I might add, that they're the worst things out there.)

Loathe as I am to agree with Cuddles, he's right on this point. Requiem for a Dream is a really, really good film. Good enough that I hesitate to refer to it as a "movie"; I think it earns the more pretentious label. The cinematography is really interesting and experimental, the soundtrack is amazing, and the story is emotionally powerful. Cudd's explanations and my own don't really do it justice. Still, it's not something that I can really suggest, because you really need to be in the mood for something that isn't going to be fun before you watch it. So, watch it if you want to appreciate the film as a piece of art, but if you'd rather watch movies where things explode or the guy gets the girl or something else, that's cool too.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 1:45pm | Report
Requiem for a Dream is one of my favorite movies, but it's so ****ed up.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide