Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Stein's;Gate ending plot hole?

Creator: Searz January 11, 2012 3:01pm
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 10:50am | Report
I just think it's weird, the whole thing with SERN's database.

It would kinda require that SERN didn't see the info at all, before they delete it, unless they delete it right after it entered SERN's database. Perhaps it's just me x)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 11:06am | Report
Maybe Mr.Braun just added the info to the database and they didn't take a look at it.
Or they removed it just right after it was added.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 5:02pm | Report
Yeah, that's what I figured as well, but I think there are a lot of "if" and "how", but somehow I actually like that, because it makes it seem somewhat natural, compared to other animes I've seen.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 5:10pm | Report
Avast Stein Gate's *** plot.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Astrality
<Member>
Astrality's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 8:40am | Report
Whoa, this is really messing me up...
And plot hole...(Cool story following)

Read a story once which had a plot twist (so not a hole). The story so far was completely normal, nothing out of the ordinary. The main character did all the usual things, beat up some guys, won some battles etc. Then suddenly...A black hole appears and he and his mates are transported into an alternate universe, where they die, and this is, mind you, without anything happening. They just die for no reason at all. I believe it's some giant sword (DEMACIA!), but I might be wrong.. But fear not, because their will(?) was transferred onto a random set of not-at-all relevant characters. They die too, then the story ends. But that's not the gist of it because another black hole arrives...Etc.

Plot hole means black hole that screws up the plot, right? Right?
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 8:53am | Report
Putting this here so on the recent comments thing it doesn't spoil anyone!

Searz wrote:

The Okabe from the first time jump has to be present during the second jump because:

1. The past has to happen for the present to exist and the past contains an Okabe that stabs Makise.

2. They're in the same time line. Which basically means that they didn't make a choice that changed anything before arriving where Okabe from the first jump was.

1. It does indeed, though that past never happened. Since Christina would've got stabbed even if the first time jump didn't happen, it wasn't necessary for the first time jump alone to make her get stabbed (since her dad would've stabbed her rather than Okabe). This is proven by the fact that in episode one, Okabe sees Christina dead on the floor, but Mayuri also gets a the metal Oopa from the machine, rather than future-Okabe. For example, where Okabe was trying to save Mayuri, he wasn't there in different places all the time - time travelling multiple times doesn't make multiple instances of oneself.

2. They are in the same time line, and yes, what they did didn't really change the future, though the time leaps trying to save Mayuri were all in the same time line. Though the prospect is different (physical time travel vs travel of memories), I'm sure the theory is similar.

The Okabe from the future (I think it was 0.52 something divergence at that point) went back to that part.
There's only one Okabe from 0.52 divergence. You said it yourself, nothing changed the future after the future leap, so it was still the same when they got back and watched the video. Even if Okabe is going to a different world line of differing divergence, there will only ever be ONE Okabe from THAT world line in it, even though there may be thousands of different Okabes from thousands of different world lines.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 9:39am | Report
Astrality wrote:

Read a story once which had a plot twist (so not a hole). The story so far was completely normal, nothing out of the ordinary. The main character did all the usual things, beat up some guys, won some battles etc. Then suddenly...A black hole appears and he and his mates are transported into an alternate universe, where they die, and this is, mind you, without anything happening. They just die for no reason at all. I believe it's some giant sword (DEMACIA!), but I might be wrong.. But fear not, because their will(?) was transferred onto a random set of not-at-all relevant characters. They die too, then the story ends. But that's not the gist of it because another black hole arrives...Etc.

Plot hole means black hole that screws up the plot, right? Right?

Wat

That almost sounds like Berserk XD
Except Berserk is awesome and there's only one "black hole" (more like the world transforming for a short while)

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 9:51am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

1. It does indeed, though that past never happened. Since Christina would've got stabbed even if the first time jump didn't happen, it wasn't necessary for the first time jump alone to make her get stabbed (since her dad would've stabbed her rather than Okabe). This is proven by the fact that in episode one, Okabe sees Christina dead on the floor, but Mayuri also gets a the metal Oopa from the machine, rather than future-Okabe. For example, where Okabe was trying to save Mayuri, he wasn't there in different places all the time - time travelling multiple times doesn't make multiple instances of oneself.

One thing basically invalidates that theory:
Time traveling is different from time jumping (I think they called it that). Time travel allows for several instances of the same person, while jumping moves the future you (your memories) into your old body.
The fact that he saw/heard his old self when he saw Makise lying unconscious in a pool of blood is proof of that.

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 10:14am | Report
Random sentence that alleviates possibilities for spoilers in recent comments.

Even still, I'd imagine there can never be two instances of someone from the same world line in a different world line. Since there's only one from each world line, I'd imagine him going to the same place wouldn't replicate him. There is two Okabes in that world line, though they are both originating from different world lines (one on that world line and the other coming from the 0.52 divergence (or whatever the number was) one), and since, as you said, they didn't really change anything on the first travel, the second travel was the same Okabe who went there the first time, as he travelled from the same point, which rewrites the actions he just did.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 12:14pm | Report
Nou, they're from the same world line.
Time traveling and jumping can only ever happen along the same world line. My thesis explains that.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide