Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The Dark Knight Rises

Creator: Valou FTW July 28, 2012 10:31pm
24 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Valou FTW
<Member>
Valou FTW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 10:31pm | Report
Amazing movie, lots of action, and nice end ;)

Imo as well as The Dark Knight, not better because of Marion Cotillard, the joker , and some parts specially for bane's death and others :( But i'll not spoil.

Best movie 2012, but i'm still waiting for The Hobbit.

What's your opinion ? Who saw it ? Did you like it ? :)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 10:41pm | Report
I thought it was disappointing. It didn't really feel like a true batman movie. They tried to cram too much in one movie.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 10:45pm | Report
Never liked batman, although, my fiance wants to see this so I should consider watching it.
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 10:48pm | Report
i liked bane.
Valou FTW
<Member>
Valou FTW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 10:49pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
They tried to cram too much in one movie.

What do you mean by "They tried to cram too much in one movie" ?

Which scene shouldn't be in the movie ?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 10:31am | Report
I am guessing Tosh means all the new characters they introduced. My boyfriend pointed out that doing that didn't give us much time to spend with the old characters that we already liked, which I thought was valid. I did think most of the new characters were interesting though so I didn't really mind.

I thought the twist at the end was interesting, but to be honest it didn't make much sense. >.>

I'm curious Tosh, did you feel like it wasn't very Batman-y because of the lack of action / fight scenes? I mean they had some but compared to other movies this one had a lot less I think.

Overall I thought the movie was really good though. At the very least I really enjoyed it and thought it was a good ending to the trio. I will probably buy the box set whenever they come out with it because I enjoyed all of the movies.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 2:21pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I thought the twist at the end was interesting, but to be honest it didn't make much sense. >.>

which twist? the talia reveal?

because i saw it coming a mile away. you should read the comics sometime.

also, i wasnt the only one calling the detective robin, was i? that i could see a mile away too.

as for new characters, we have robin, talia, bane, and that rich ******* guy.. i'm not seeing too many new characters?

the only thing i didnt like was wayne not being dead. it makes no sense for him to survive a nuclear blast and obviously felt like a changed ending. (which it was).
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 2:46pm | Report
I saw the Talia and Robin reveal coming as well, that doesn't mean that it was a bad reveal. If it was a shock to everybody it probably would've made no sense (well the Talia one still didn't but it had some obvious foreshadowing).

Even if you expect that Bruce Willis is dead in The Sixth Sense doesn't mean that the reveal was bad, because it was still interesting and a good plot device.

Also, just because you know the characters from the comics doesn't mean they're not new to the audience, and obviously the characters will differ from the comics so you have to get introduced to their "reimaginings." The characters are still new because they're not introduced in the series prior to this movie, and you take the series as a standalone story and not draw in everything from every Batman comic / movie / spinoff etc.

I do agree though that Batman not dying in the end of the movie took away from the realism for a happy ending. The ending probably would've been more powerful / heart-wrenching if he had died. I still don't mind it too much though because Alfred is awesome and now he can be happy too! :D

Also I wanted to share this with you guys! If you saw the movie or are interested in seeing the movies Half in the Bag did what I felt like was a good review of it, also it's really fun to watch in and of itself: http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 3:30pm | Report
Just came home from watching it. So here is my thoughts. Spoilers because i suck at avoiding them.

Spoiler: Click to view

Overall a good flick, would reccomend, just don't expect batman kicking tons of ***.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 3:34pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

which twist? the talia reveal?

because i saw it coming a mile away. you should read the comics sometime.

also, i wasnt the only one calling the detective robin, was i? that i could see a mile away too.

as for new characters, we have robin, talia, bane, and that rich ******* guy.. i'm not seeing too many new characters?

the only thing i didnt like was wayne not being dead. it makes no sense for him to survive a nuclear blast and obviously felt like a changed ending. (which it was).

I would think Batman killing himself would be just so incredible cliche... But yeah, they could probably done it in a way better way.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide