Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The Problem With Facebook

Creator: Searz November 30, 2014 3:56pm
12 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2014 7:52am | Report
If Google acts like it's Santa Claus you better watch out. Even in December.

There aren't any angels running those servers powered on moonlight glow people.

Well of course, G+ is deeply integrated with Google Drive and somewhat integrated with Youtube and Gmail, which are all services they earn money from. They don't need to earn money from G+ since it would hurt their users, which in turn would result in less users in the long run, so they choose to not monetize it.
Having more users for a service they don't monetize brings more users to connected services that are monetized, so it's not like they don't gain any benefits from it.
Over all it's a great strategy I wish more companies would focus on. A happy consumer is fruitful consumer.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2014 8:45am | Report
I like the way Google+ works. Hell, one of my uncles is even a programmer for Google and I tried really hard to use it for a while, but there's no point in me using it for what it's intended for because even though some of my friends have it none of them actually use it. Sucks, but I'm not likely to convince many of my friends to use it instead of Facebook. Besides the fact that I am unwilling to not have contact with some of the people I only have contact through Facebook with.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide