Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

This PC?

Creator: Kirluu January 7, 2012 4:36pm
26 posts - page 2 of 3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 9:06am | Report
What basis do you have for saying that AMD has bad build quality?
That just sounds like ******** to me, so please present facts or stop saying that.
I don't know about lower and mid end CPUs, but the high end market is rightly dominated by intel.
Show us where you got the test results for those CPUs?
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 11:05am | Report
About quality I have seen dozens of post over few years where people state about their experience. Most users that had experience with Intel and AMD have better experience with Intel and so did I(I used to use ADM, but then I took an Intel in the computer). And seriously, can you tell me that you're going to get same quality parts for 1/2 or even 1/3 price?

About Core i3 vs FX-4100

Review
Gaming Test

Read both tests. If you need more links I can provide it.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 11:28am | Report
Searz wrote:

Like I said; switch the HD6950 for a HD6870 if you aren't planning on flashing it.

Please explain what you mean by "flashing" it, if you don't mind? :o Do you mean overclock, or how is it to be understood?

Appretiate you guys' participation in my thread so far :3
I still don't see how Intel 3,1 Dual is better than AMD Quad 3,6 - or equal. 2x3,1 vs 4x3,6. I just don't see how they can be equal. Is that something with the GPU (Which I do not know what is)?
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 11:51am | Report
Speed of processors variates from many things, from frequency to cache to number of cores, so yeah many things to account here. So my suggestion would be to take Intel if you're not overclocking and AMD if you're overclocking.

Also, GPU=Graphical Processing Unit, so basically Graphics Card.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 1:05pm | Report
Oh. I thought GPU was part of the processor. Lol.

But as I think I mentioned in another thread also about something with computers, how does the graphics card prevent lag? I mean, obviously, if it can run ultra, you can run it, but doesn't the processor decide alone if you lag or not? Or does the graphics card have a saying about the fps lag as well as the processor? If that is the case then... How is one supposed to know when their PC build will be good enough :S
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 3:31pm | Report
Flashing is to overwrite the ROM (read only memory) on something.
On a GPU the boot sequence is basically contained there. It tells the card what resources it has and how to start them.
Flashing a 6950 card is a very good idea because it's basicaly the same card as 6970. The only difference ia that it has a weaker power controller. But that only matters if you're overclocking (a "real" 6970 overclocks better than a flashed 6950, but it really doesn't matter).
So if you replace the ROM of a 6950 with that of a 6970 then it "becomes" that card. It unlocks a few units that are disabled by the 6950 ROM.
That is why 6950 is very cost efficient. Though 6870 is more cost efficient if you're not flashing.
Flashing is pretty foolproof btw. There are many guides out, a "one-click" program and the card even has a dual ROM so you can switch in case you somehow screwed up.
I flashed my card back in the days when there were no safety nets and no working one click solutions. I bricked it :3
But I got it working again a few weeks later :)
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 3:57pm | Report
@Zoki
The "review" was pretty ****ty, but luckily the other article was good.
It seems AMD isn't cost efficient with this processor architechture. (they usually are cost efficient)
But that has nothing to do with build quality. I doubt there's any difference between AMD and Intel there. I've had good experience with my AMD processor and so has a few friends of mine.

@OP
Try to find a setup with Intel instead. Cost efficiency is king.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 6:26pm | Report
^ yessir. This is about right, methinks.

From people I've talked to, AMD seems like a great choice if you're going duo core, but Intel is likely the better choice if you get anything more powerful than that.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 9:47pm | Report
Where did I say that power consumption was related with build quality? And I only posted that review to simplify. You have all that you need in those tests.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 12:25am | Report
I'm slowly starting to think that the build in the first post isn't all that money effecient after all, and I find that I should be able to find something better in this price range. Any suggestions around this price range would be great ;o
-

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide