Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

This PC?

Creator: Kirluu January 7, 2012 4:36pm
26 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 1:10am | Report
trolol this is almost the same price range as the last computer thread. At that price, still stand by i5 processor (only sandy bridge) as the best performance for the value. I'd want 8gb of ram, Asus or ASRock mobo with usb 3.0 support, samsung spinpoint hdd, and an HD6870. It might be a little over, but I think it'll be around that price range.

How much you'd spend?

i5 ~230
8gb ram ~60
mobo ~130
hdd ~130
6870 ~170
case ~60
ps ~60
500+280 = 840?

sooooo probably cost less that 840. That look good?

Here's my thoughts, anyway...
i5 - it's just solid.

8gb ram - THIS IS THE DROP OFF POINT. Exactly the amount of ram you want. Just look around online. Ram is cheap, so you should get a bit. BUT the speed per gigabyte ratio drastically drops off at 8g. 16g runs about the same speed as 8g. Not slightly faster. About the same. Some processes faster, others slower.

mobo - Asus and Asrock just make quality mobos. Asrock is cheaper. I swear by them.

samsung spinpoint hdd (1 T) - one terabyte is all you'll need probably. spinpoint is really quiet, and runs well. My friend runs 3 and loves them.

6870 - just... really good haha...

case - uhhh it's whatevs. Just get one with fan filters and good cable management. Coolermaster has some pretty good cheap ones?

power supply - just don't get something reeeally ****py and you're good. I'm thinking corsair builder series? Someone confirm? Would 600w work here? idk my power supplies all that well.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 2:48am | Report
Sounds pretty okay. About the power supply, I have reason to believe that I have a Corsair 800 W power supply, for my current pc. That's by far not needed at all though. 500 W was too little though. Or so it appeared.

All that you suggested sounds pretty okay, and as I said, I got the supply already. I don't know much about mobos, though.

1TB is just fine for me, and the i5 seems like a reasonable purchase.

Would you be able to find examples of the things you mention, so I can look around for them myself ? (Things like prices in my country, reviews etc, so that I can decide) Would be helpful, thanks :3
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 2:59am | Report
It's all about the parts. Reviews are unnecessary. Just google it if you really want reviews.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 3:53am | Report
Of course it is all about the parts. But I'd still like to be able to look around for where I can get the things the cheapest. Also, aren't there differences between the different i5 processors? I can't imagine there's only one model ;s I just want to know more specifics of each part :o I don't want to get the cheapest version if it's 2x worse than one that costs only a minimal amount more, if you understand? :3
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 5:30am | Report
Most parts mentioned in this thread are very cost efficient. You don't seem involved in this kind of thing, so you should just listen to what others say unless you get involved.

I can tell you 2 things; that you should get Intel 2500k and that you should get HD6870 or 6950 (if you wanna flash).
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 6:01am | Report
Freddy Shopan's setup is good so yeah, if you can find it at such prices in your country, go for it.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide