Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tribes: Ascend

Creator: Canoas July 6, 2012 10:09am
18 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 12:31pm | Report
I trust TB in his judgement on Tribes, because he's played a LOT of it. He knows the game pretty well and is somewhat good at it.

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 1:42pm | Report
Whether you have the same opinion as totalbiscuit's does not change the fact that you still need to explain why the game is unbalanced. "Totalbiscuit said it" is not a valid argument. I don't care from whom you're borrowing your opinion as long as you provide a reasonable explanation.

Tribe's business model is no worse than LoL's. It's definitely easier to get the items for the class you play than it is in LoL. All money gets you is saved time, like any other proper free game.
Also, if totalbiscuit's opinion is as Yukimaru stated, you need money to be good in the game, then he definitely sucks at it. I have at least 3 friends who haven't purchased anything and we consistently reach the top 5 in each game. Skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Money
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 3:54pm | Report
Yukimaru is not expressing the opinions of TB.

TB basically thinks that the game has some problems with their business model and some balance issues. I trust TB's judgement.

Look at his videos for an exact explanation of what he thinks.

Oh, and do chillax :P
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2012 4:31pm | Report
And I don't trust TB's judgement. I find his opinion unreasonable regarding several games.
Not to mention what you said is utterly useless. "The game has some problems with their business model" can mean anything. It can mean that the items are too expensive or it can mean the exact opposite. What exactly do you derive from such comment? Nothing.
Balance issues? Between what? Classes? Weapons? Maps? Matchmaking? Utility belts?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 2:42am | Report
Specifically I think he meant that some of the weapons you can buy are just flat out better than the standard ones when he was talking about balance. But don't quote me on that one.
As I said; watch some of his vids for his exact statements.

I personally see the permanent +50%EXP from buying a pack or something as kind of a big deal.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 6:35am | Report
+50% EXP only saves time, it cannot introduce any imbalance whatsoever. Do you consider IP boosts in LoL an imbalance as well? It doesn't really give you any advantage.
And you gain more EXP depending how good you are, so if you don't have the +50%EXP but you are better than someone who does, chances are you'll be getting as much EXP as he is or even more. It's not like in LoL where everyone gets the same thing, skill is still the determinant factor. However, the +50% is still pretty fair. I would say that a game with no such mechanism would be unbalanced, because someone who is skilled but doesn't have that much time could never hope of reaching the same level as someone who sucks at the game but spends his whole life playing.
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 11:51am | Report
Honestly, playing this game over 80 hours I find that most imbalance is in pub gaming, I did spend quite much money on it, but most of it to find class I enjoy most, which is a ********ed technician with thumper.
Also TB can only say as much as he can, but with last update and autoleveling of items, when you use them gives a lot balance actually, you don't need to waste xp on item lvling unless, you have nothing else to unlock, he can't give much perspective on gaming from perspective of new guy playing game without any refferals, since he has too much referrals, which gives him almost infinite gold and xp. Only thing I don't understand is rank system, which appears not to do anything.
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 2:32pm | Report
I think the rank system has to do with the matchmaking
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide