Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

[Wii Trash/J-Horror] Ju-On and Project Zero...

Creator: Yukimaru August 8, 2012 10:26am
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 10:26am | Report
So im at a Friend's Place and we played a bunch of horror games on the trash console called Wii, besides Calling also Ju-On and Fatal Frame 2/Project Zero 2, so People over the Internet in Reviews actually say Fatal Frame 2 is scarier then Ju-On and now my question is...da ****? There was nothing rly scary yet in Fatal Frame 2(or Calling) compared to Ju-On that scares the ****t outta you, so im not that much into Horrorgames and maybe i have a ****ty taste in case of what is "Horror"...but some1 whos experienced or something or played both games...could explain please?
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 10:54am | Report
Depends on the scare you're looking for. Fatal Frame 2 has a creepy atmosphere and a lack of white noise that makes the game uncomfortable to play and thus making you more vulnerable to being scared once you are faced with the enemies and the way you have to handle them in the game.

While Ju-On on the Wii resorts to cop out jump scares that most "horror" games fall back upon nowadays.

Two different kinds of horror really.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 11:26am | Report
I don't like most jump scares. They feel very cheap.

Atmosphere is where the true horror is at.

It's harder to get into a good atmosphere with a friend by your side though.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 2:07pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It's harder to get into a good atmosphere with a friend by your side though.

The trick is to not allow talking. It's the same thing when watching horror movies with friends: no talking.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide