Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worse than smoking

Creator: Forgottenduty March 23, 2012 12:13pm
105 posts - page 9 of 11
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:50am | Report
Searz wrote:

I've been curious about that.
Tried it once, but I mostly coughed.
Might try it again some time, cuz it seems better than smoking in just about every way. (except for moniez, it's prolly expensive)

Dunno, personally don't smoke any myself but if it's easy enough for high school students to get it every week then I'd imagine that it's not too expensivo.

The coughing goes away the more you smoke it, but the actual effects on your lungs are minimal (hell, Michael Phelps the ****ing olympian swimmer smoked pot)

Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:55am | Report
Searz wrote:

I've been curious about that.
Tried it once, but I mostly coughed.
Might try it again some time, cuz it seems better than smoking in just about every way. (except for moniez, it's prolly expensive)

Can have some ****ty side effects just like smoking though, depression/schitz/paranoia are pretty common as far as I know. I know it's generally pretty cheap, if you can keep it to an occasional thing at parties or whatever then it's fine, and like B-Wong said the coughing goes away the more you use it.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:11pm | Report
Samoh wrote:

and in the end they just end off coming across like ********s because they can't keep their opinions to themselves/friends.

At least I have been debating with my friends in mind. I don't really care what happens to someone who I don't know. It's to my friends I say "that's bad for you", not to random people on the street. I've known them for almost 10 years and it would be rather sad if they weren't here 10 years from now.
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 2:18pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

At least I have been debating with my friends in mind. I don't really care what happens to someone who I don't know. It's to my friends I say "that's bad for you", not to random people on the street. I've known them for almost 10 years and it would be rather sad if they weren't here 10 years from now.

They'll obviously be here unless they're very lucky, and I could never be friends with you then! My friends who don't smoke know it's bad for me, and I know it's bad for me, we all understand and let live. If one of my friends started constantly telling me it was bad for me I'd have to ****ing tell them to shut the hell up, nobody is a friend of mine if they consider me to have less intelligence than a potato.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 2:47pm | Report
I don't mind people smoking, so long as they don't do it around me. Once I have my own place, nobody will be allowed to smoke indoors. I can't stand the stench of it. Peeps can go outside for the while of the cigarette or two.
And for the note: That's not hypocryptical. That's about a genuine distaste for the smell that comes from cigarettes.

I don't give a **** if people I play games with smoke though. The smoke doesn't bother me over the microphone, obviously. As long as the smoking doesn't affect their concentration level in the game, in such a way that they feed from it, in which case, I would want to request that the smoking is kept to the breaks between each LoL game (In the case of playing LoL).

^That be mah thoughts :s

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 2:55pm | Report
I would be surprised if I was allowed to smoke inside anywhere apart from my own home, which I don't really do myself, but my parents do, which is really **** because I have friends who don't smoke and I know don't want to smell the smoke, always keep my room and my bathroom air freshened up, and no smoking upstairs from those two for sure. I always smoke outside.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 3:19pm | Report
@Samoh
Obviously I'm not constantly saying "You're stupid for smoking" over and over again. I don't even mention it that often. I usually only say something if they're going to pull another cigarette in less than 30 mins. It's up to you to smoke, but smoking more than a pack a day is really nuts.
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 3:44pm | Report
Well I smoke about 4 cigs a day generally.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 4:39pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

My whole argument regarding smoking is summed up here -

I don't care if people want to kill themselves. I care if people want to force that upon myself, or any others around them.

*assuming that what he says is accurate*
Funny thing is; that doesn't matter. You won't inhale most of the smoke, and even if you do you'll probably just cough it up.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 4:44pm | Report
Samoh wrote:

Can have some ****ty side effects just like smoking though, depression/schitz/paranoia are pretty common as far as I know.

I'm no expert, but I've heard it has very small negative effects. I doubt any of those things are the result of M, but rather sound like the cause of some heavier drug.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide