Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worse than smoking

Creator: Forgottenduty March 23, 2012 12:13pm
105 posts - page 5 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:23pm | Report
The majority of the "good feeling" that smoking gives comes from fulfilling a nicotine addiction. Why pay to get an addiction, then pay even more to satisfy it?

EDIT: If it had no health consequences, no addictive substances and somehow was still magically enjoyable, I'd consider it from time to time. That would be fine.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:29pm | Report
Searz: You may think that that's a rare case, but I think it's more common than you think. What kind of a role model is a father who has a habit that knows is killing him? What kind of a mother smokes while pregnant and could cause the baby to be born prematurely? What kind of grandfather are you if you smoke while there are children playing in your backyard? What kind of a friend are you when you smoke into a non-smoker's face, knowing you're going to die 6-8 years before the non-smoker?

People who smoke are only hurting themselves and the people close to them.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:33pm | Report
Conclusion: There is absolutely nothing positive about smoking and it is terrible, but there are things even worse.

Now, let's move on.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:37pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

What kind of grandfather are you if you smoke while there are children playing in your backyard?

Not that I disagree, but I have more tolerance for smokers of the earlier generations. It was a lot more common back then and less discouraged. When smoking was first introduced, most of the health consequences weren't known, especially not by the general public. Most of the people over 70 probably developed the habit before they understood how serious it was.

People nowadays should know better, but apparently they don't.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:43pm | Report
When my grandmother on my mother's side found out about the risks of smoking, she quit (she's like 80ish now). And she was a heavy smoker. Now she gets the grains of the packets, mixes it with sugar, and just leaves it in her mouth to taste it - and she only does this occasionally.

If she can quit smoking, why can't others?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:46pm | Report
^The human brain works different for different people. Some can just stop to care, some can't.

(This is not an attempt to piss someone off or defend anyone.)

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:50pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Now she gets the grains of the packets, mixes it with sugar, and just leaves it in her mouth to taste it - and she only does this occasionally.

That's kinda creepy.

Yougan's right though. The differences in neurochemistry between different people make the strength of the addiction vary. The difference is noticeable immediately, even before a heavy addiction is formed. Some people will become addicted to smoking the moment they try it, others will take longer to develop a habit.

I've known people who quit smoking on a whim, and others who repeatedly relapse, taking years to quit successfully. It's not the same for everyone.

Also lol at Yougan's disclaimer.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 7:02pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Also lol at Yougan's disclaimer.

People on the internet seems to rage on me for whatever I say so...

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 7:06pm | Report
jhoijhoi: You comment wasn't rude, nothing to worry about :) The funny thing is that I didn't started this thread for that reason lol :P
All these facts about smoking are known to any individual ( or they should be), repeating them again was not my intention.
Tbh I don't remember how I started smoking or why, but I don't feel controled by it for the time being. But for sure I was not thinking as logical as I do right now.

My grandfather managed to quit it after the doctor said that he would die if he smoked one more cigarett^^ Most people didn't even knew the consequences of smoking back then.

Why I continue smoking? I don't know for sure. I just like it even if it sounds weird, still I try not to harm others by doing it.

I find insulting Chuck Norris far more dangerous^^ :P
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 7:30pm | Report
^I wish more smokers were like you :/

Doesn't sound too bad after that.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide