Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

AD Carries - Which to main

Creator: SteppenKat October 6, 2013 8:54am
1 2
SteppenKat
<Member>
SteppenKat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 8:54am | Report
Hello there, Mobafire. I've came to hear your feedback and wisdom on this.

I'm going to start maining ADC (besides my other role, support). This is because I've came up with the grim realization that supporting exclusively doesn't get you really far in SoloQ without lots of pain and struggle. Playing this game for almost two years and becoming stagnant after a whole season makes me think that I should try other things to improve my pace.

I intend, of course, to keep my support play sharp and I will gladly pick the role if I must. I will however try to pick the ADC if its available and train it until I become fairly good at it.

I aim for nothing less than Platinum for the next season. Time will tell if I can meet with these expectations.

The thing is, I have a very particular playstyle when it comes to ADC. I'm less fan of bursty ADCs (the 'tons-of-damage' or Triforce crew) and more fond of the old pew-pew ones.

I've checked my main account and after seeing my stats, I've decided to main these champions and practice them in a constant basis:

- Ashe
- Vayne
- Jinx

Some friends advised me to pick up Ezreal too, and at least play him occasionally as any ADC main is supposed to know at least a Trinity-friendly ADC. I've got Lucian in my new account but I'm not really sure at the moment if I want to play that stuff.

Some may ask why I added a champion that hasn't even been released. Well, I've been playing her a bunch since she came to the PBE and I've had tons of fun. I think she's one of the most interesting ADCs that have came up in a while and is fairly different from Ashe and Vayne enough. I also intend to make her my most played champion.

What do you guys think? Could I play competively with this roster? Some may say "that dashless champions are weak in SoloQ", but honestly I feel like Caitlyn and the like don't scale enough to compensate for the apparent safety they provide.

I may be wrong, but I wanted to check your opinions.
Support Main and ADC Apprentice.
Amneziaad
<Member>
Amneziaad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 10:03am | Report
Vayne is Pretty awesome for SoloQ you can Carry so easily with her once you get fed it should be GG so keep Vayne.

I also think that Ashe is a good Choice you bring CC in your Team and thats important in this game + if you master her you can also be a big carry

Jinx is kinda awesome but i wouldn´t play her in Soloq at first learn how to play her and see if she is competive .

Ezreal is nice but i dont really like to play with him you can easily get behind with him and he hasn´t the carry potential of Vayne .

My Suggestions :) :
You should definetly think about Corki Varus and Graves .

Corki is so overpowered since the Trinity Force Update you can Carry easily and he is just fun to Play .

Varus brings CC in Team like Ashe .

Graves if you have to play against Corki :P and he is so bad *** buy that Mafia Skin and you will feel so cool :D + He brings epic aoe Dmg in Team
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 10:16am | Report
Twitch is a really fun and strong pew pew AD so if that's what you like I highly recommend him. Twitch is also one of the relatively few huge lategame scalers who also has high trading and kill potential in lane. Vayne is great if you can play her well (which is incredibly hard). Ashe is good but I don't like her much for solo queue. Caitlyn actually scales really well, you might want to reconsider your opinion of her.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 10:20am | Report
Play vayne.

Vayne honestly helps ADCs-in-training the most out of all the AD carries simply because of her high-reliance on positioning and her insane mobility and potential to outplay with mechanics.
SteppenKat
<Member>
SteppenKat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 11:07pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Twitch is a really fun and strong pew pew AD so if that's what you like I highly recommend him. Twitch is also one of the relatively few huge lategame scalers who also has high trading and kill potential in lane. Vayne is great if you can play her well (which is incredibly hard). Ashe is good but I don't like her much for solo queue. Caitlyn actually scales really well, you might want to reconsider your opinion of her.

My 2/12 winratio on her this season would like to have a word with you!

Now honestly, I don't know why, but I seem to fail hard with her. It's funny because she used to be my favorite champion back in Season 2 when I was a newbie.

I have thought about Twitch as well. My scores with him aren't that bad, I may consider picking him up. Thanks for the tip.

Btw, I'm not thinking about hopping into SoloQ right after the reset (so no SPAM JINX after she came out like 3 days). Actually I was considering to keep myself in normals until I could systematically win my lane and get constant creeping in my average games. I'm willing to keep track of my scores in a notepad or something (I'd aim to play 100 games with each champion I'd like to use in SoloQ).
Support Main and ADC Apprentice.
dragon00bicus
<Member>
dragon00bicus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 10:39pm | Report
Critlesticks, he has a fear & a silence which gives him time to hit his auto attacks.
Banana Soraka, Team up with an aggressive support with CC. Blitzcrank/ Leona/etc. Your heal allows you to last longer in lane, your silence can be a good follow up.
AD Sona, her Q gives a nice boost in damage and her w & e give nice utility.

Gold II, somebody's something.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 5:47am | Report
Go for Caitlyn - Really good practicing for punishing & poking enemy.
or for Vayne - Really good practicing on positioning & other cool stuff mentioned above.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 8:03am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Go for Caitlyn - Really good practicing for punishing & poking enemy.
or for Vayne - Really good practicing on positioning & other cool stuff mentioned above.

I don't disagree with this assessment; Vayne is a high skillcap champion, but she's very good for learning ADC mechanics, even if you are just a beginner. A 2-second CD repositioning skill is HUGE for keeping safe in teamfights, and her kiting potential is insane.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 8:43am | Report
Currently, the stronger champions are Vayne, Caitlyn, Corki and Jinx.
I personally really like Tristana and Ezreal too, but they seem to have fallen out of flavor.
Ashe is better with a premade team, Twitch is situational but certainly viable, Sivir is getting a rework so don't bother atm, Quinn and Lucian are kinda bad atm and Miss Fortune is good with an AoE wombo combo team.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2013 8:51am | Report
From a support's POV, the easiest ADC to support is Caitlyn, as she can harass easily and has a decent escape mechanic. She can also help with bush control, which is a huge plus.

Everyone else is more or less dependent on the support-carry combo to determine the difficulty of the lane.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide