Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Le best Showdown 1v1 Champ

Creator: Isolanporzellator December 20, 2013 5:39am
1 2 3 4
Agree or have a better Idea?
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 5:39am | Report

Why?
Huge range keeps her safe from almost everything, makes her farm every minion and she has great pushing with q and aa. Means you basically cannot lose by any of the 3 ways of winning Showdown.

How do I win?
The key to winning with Caitlyn is not losing. And farm. And push. And farm. And push. Always keep mana for skills, always lasthit creeps, aa the enemy if he comes up to farm or to harass. Use e for kiting if the enemy dashes towards you, then punish with autoattacks. Don't go for kills unless you can kill him with qr. It's just not worth risking to lose with too aggressive plays. Just stay patient and farm and push, you will win anyways.

Any counters?
Well, I haven't found something that really ****s up cait yet, but there are some champs that have reasonably good chances vs her, so ban them:
  • LeBlanc has two dashes + flash which is just too much to kite for you, play extremely careful, make use of her low sustain by poking her and you can win, or just ban her.
  • Malzahar has huge pushing power and good farming, so you can't just straight outfarm him. However, still push and farm to constantly force him to waste mana for skills. Which he will sustain with his E. Well, ban or harass him hard as he lacks life sustain.
  • Jax. Haven't played against him yet as usually my opp bans him, but has the potential to **** you up with his dodgejumpstunstompintoground strategy. Abuse your range and poke him down. And farm. And push. Or just ban him if your opponent doesn't.

You may also consider banning Jayce, Kassadin, Orianna or Annie if you still have free bans. They cant totally compete with your farm and push skill but have stronger all-ins than you and reasonably good farming. Put constant pressure on them so they have to waste abilities. Then free harass them. And farm. And push.

Summoners, Runes'n Masteries?
Go 21/9/0 standard AD and go AD marks, Armor seals, MR glyphs, Lifesteal Quints as you want to stay in lane for farm. And push. Standard Flash/ Barrier summoners.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 5:44am | Report
i haven'T tried showdown yet, but reddit says that caitlyn is broken :D
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 5:47am | Report
Full Ap Nunu & Willump is pretty good. Can't really get pushed out of lane cuz of consume and snowball does tons of dmg. Lvl6 Snowball+Ult+Ign is almos always an instant kill.
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 5:49am | Report

i haven'T tried showdown yet, but reddit says that caitlyn is broken :D

Yes, she is. Still have 0 losses with her and I played her quite alot. My alternative if shes banned is LeBlanc, who does quite well against most champs aswell, but the game is often over after 3 minutes^^.

Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 5:51am | Report
Hogopogo wrote:

Full Ap Nunu & Willump is pretty good. Can't really get pushed out of lane cuz of consume and snowball does tons of dmg. Lvl6 Snowball+Ult+Ign is almos always an instant kill.

Nunu is outranged hard. He has no way to harass you, and has to spam his skills to compete with your pushing. If he flashults, just E+flash and you are out. Or just E, depending on where you stood. Plus he will never reach lvl 16 before you get 100 cs if you are farming decently.

luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 7:04am | Report
I always ban Caitlyn, LeBlanc and whoever gave me a hard time in previous games.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 9:07am | Report
i played a few last night. yeah Caitlyn is a beast. Varus isn't bad either. i ran Annie and won 3/4 once i got the hang of the game mode. Annie is good. ran annie with Pantheon once which was good and with Riven once which was also effective.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 11:05am | Report
Caitlyn loses to Jinx. Or at the very least it's a very even matchup.

Jinx can outpush and if Cait stops to use her Q, you can land a free Zap.

Jinx also has similar range with her rocket.

edit: Quinn too maybe. That champion is fking broken in 1v1. Great duelist ON TOP of being ranged wtf.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 11:09am | Report
AP Tristana ??

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 11:10am | Report
Kayle and Tryndamere are both ****s for obvious reasons.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide