Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A mage that uses fury? **** YES

Creator: caucheka November 2, 2011 12:41pm
1 2 3 4
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 12:41pm | Report
so with the recent release of shyvana, i took a step back and looked at how the same basic idea could be tweaked to make interesting, new ideas. the problem though, is that it involves doing a lot of auto attacking, and i wondered, could we make a full caster that effectively uses fury?

the answer, YES. with the help of nameless bard i was able to create a unique caster champion, not only unique in the use of fury but also unique in skills and design.

to start, our fury mage is a barbarian shaman, adept at channeling the power of the earth and the rage of his ancestors. the only real thing for model design we have right now is that he is a ranged attacker that has a claw weapon in his right hand. like this:

SKILLS:

Passive: (passive): x gains attack speed equal to a percent of his ability power. his magic damage is also increased depending on how much fury he has.

The main point of fury is to auto attack often, this passive gives him attack speed without him having to worry too much about building for it (although adding some as in your build or runes would be good.)

q: Hail of Rocks: x throws magically enhanced stones, which deal 50/75/100/125/150 (+85% ap) damage to the first enemy they collide into. if they hit an enemy they will also grant 10 fury. 6 second cooldown.

q is his staple damaging spell, a little higher cooldown and damage than most staple damage spells, but we want to avoid sheen and anything it builds into on his kit. his skills also have a low base but high scale in order to encourage building ap. (which goes back into his passive, making ap a must have.)

w: Rage of the Ancestors:(toggle on) x channels his ancestors wrath through his claw weapon, forcing him to attack from melee range but buffing his damage by 25/31.25/37.50/43.75/50 (+15%ap) true damage. attacks made while the toggle is on will drain his fury by 20.
(toggle off) x gains 5 fury per attack

this skill is aimed at doing a few things. first, i wanted people who played him to make a choice between standing back and spellcasting or wading into combat. using this skill also burns his fury, which reduces the potential damage he could be doing with his other spells. lastly, this skill does true damage so that it does not gain a damage bonus depending on how much fury he has (as it only buffs his magic damage.)

e: Stone Fist: x creates a mark on target ground. he can then cast this spell again at any time to cause a line nuke to shoot from him to the marked ground, dealing 45/65/85/105/125 (+50% ap) magic damage. once the line reaches the mark a giant stone fist erupts from the ground, dealing 100/125/150/175/200 (+60% ap) damage to anyone in the radius and knocking them up. 20/18/16/14/12 second cooldown which triggers after the second cast. there is a maximum distance x can be from the mark for the spell to work, and walking too far from it will consume the mark and activate cd.

this is the main skill that makes x unique, the entirety of the spell has never been done before. this skill can also be used to cut off escapes, and gives him some cc.

ULTIMATE: Eruption: x causes the earth to erupt at target area, dealing 200/250/300 (+80% ap) damage. after the initial explosion, 15 molten rocks will fall in a larger radius centered on the explosion, each dealing 25/75/125 (+40% ap) damage in a radius of impact.

the powerful volcano shows not only xs mastery of earth, but also the primal fury of his barbarian ancestors that consume him. this is a very powerful teamfight weapon, especially combined with amumu, galio, or jarvans ult.

this is not 100% final, numbers and skill names are subject to change, along with adding a more robust model description.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 2:50pm | Report
Yikes, 100% ratios all over the place, with a passive buffing magic damage :P

I'd say that's a recipe for opie~

Here's a few ideas that popped into my head while reading. Feel free to comment, accept, reject any of these ideas, I'm just throwing out potential thoughts.

Idea #1; Don't allow him to cast spells without having Fury. Make the spells cost a certain measure of fury.

This way, your W won't need to Drain Fury per attack, you will use it to build your fury, and then use your skills with that fury. Players will almost be forced into using all of his skills, which may or may not be what you wanted out of this champion.

The Q

If you use the above mentioned option, this spell could grant 0 fury. :P Looks like a cool staple, although as previously mentioned, the ratio seems real high when you consider he might also have a buff to his magic damage.

The E

225% potential AP ratio o_O That's realll big. With 100 AP that spell has 675 potential damage by itself :P

Imagine 600 AP? 450 potential = 600 + 750 = 1800 ... :P And that's not even an ultimate. AND that will potentially be amplified by fury to deal even MORE damage :P Lols. So the ratios would probably need to be like 40% and 60% or something more like that. Or 40% and 65% or something, depending on how you'd want to balance it. For a normal ability 100% ratio is pretty high. That's the sort of thing you might see when a champion only has one or two damage skills and the other skills are pure utility.

The ultimate has a 140% AP ratio which is a lot, but on an ult that might be okay.. >:P My recommendation for a cool ult that still stays on the same sort of idea, would be to make the initial impact be either 70% or maybe even 80% AP damage, and then over the next 4 or 5 seconds deal 20/60/100 + (10-20% AP) damage per stone. Just have the stones erupt out off the volcano and land semi randomly throughout the field. I think that could be cool :)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 2:54pm | Report
e wasnt designed to hit the line and the knockup on the same people (unless for some reason they move into the knock up from the line) but i've adjusted damage so that it does.

at most the buff is 10%, and thanks i havn't been thinking about the passive buff to damage when making ratios, adjusted accordingly.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 2:59pm | Report
Right. The line deals damage and then there's a small AoE knock up right?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 2:59pm | Report
yeah a little smaller than cho's rupture radius.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:06pm | Report
140% is still on the level of a powerful ultimate.

We have Gragas with his Q that has a 90% ratio, ult has 100%.

Maokai's sapling toss has no CC attached and deals 100% AP if both sapling and explosion deal damage.

Morg dark binding 90% Ult 80%

Sion stun 100% and shield 100%

Viegar is really the only thing that comes close I think, with 60%, 100%, and 120% but he's mostly single target. Leblanc does too when you do all the math I'm sure.

Wellp, anyway, just food for thought :P
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:09pm | Report
well the boulders from the volcano are like gangplanks ult, except with a cast range, limited range vs his global. theres nothing to keep enemies in past the initial explosion except his stone fist or other teammates cc.

but yeah ill nerf the base a little. i think the rocks are fine.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:20pm | Report
Oh I was actually referring to his E again :P Lol.

That his E is still on par damage wise with the ultimates of other champions >:P
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:23pm | Report
well you upset me.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 3:33pm | Report
Lol'd :3

It's not a problem. I like the champ design and everything it sounds pretty darn fun.

It's just the numbers are... Really really high >:P

Particularly since you have no mana, which would allow you to just bomb away in lane and build sustain in your items. Imagine rushing a revolver on this guy? :P

Character design is a deep and long process, nobody gets their champion perfect on their first rough draft version ^^

I think you're off to a good start here with this however, cheers :)
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide