Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Any Item Build Simulators/Calculators out there

Creator: lanilwow March 7, 2015 7:42am
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2015 7:42am | Report
I'm trying to find an item build simulator or calculator.

I like the layout of this one: leaguecraft.com/builder/master-yi

But I think the items are out dated! This item is still listed.

Is there anything out there worth using? Or is there a better way to review builds?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 3:56am | Report
The only one I currently know is leagueoflegendsmath.com , but that is kinda special.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 5:22am | Report
What are you trying to achieve here that cant be accomplished using a normal calculator and a piece of paper? Or in game?

Basically MOBAFire.
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 5:36am | Report
What are you trying to achieve here that cant be accomplished using a normal calculator and a piece of paper? Or in game?

I want to analyze the effects of item build order to optimize the build order during the game.

Everyone likes to show final builds for items, but what would be the proper order? Many games I never achieve the full build before it ends and I usually build in pieces.

Take Master Yi who I like to jungle with. AD and attack speed are good. Right now I try to balance the two as I buy the pieces to get to the full item. I'm sure there is a best way to maximize dps. Through in some life steal to help survivability and suddenly I have three variables to try and balance. Just trying to find something that will allow me to run multiple comparisons.

This could also be my WoW background kicking in again an wanting to optimize gear =)

Since I posted here I found an Apple App called LoL architect. It is ok, but I would prefer a web based application so I can use the big monitors and keyboard.

Am I wasting my time trying to work on this?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 5:40am | Report
It's part of the game to gain experience and knowledge to optimize item builds. You won't really have the time to calculate the most optimal item for X situation, like even the best players sometimes don't know what to get or build as they have to make the decision pretty quickly.

I think guides here usually include a build order and quick explanation for it.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 8:27am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
It's part of the game to gain experience and knowledge to optimize item builds.

^ This is where I thought we might end up with my question.

This is probably one of the reasons the game stays so popular. There is no one win condition on anyone.

Thanks for the replies!
Sandrino Rhys
<Member>
Sandrino Rhys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2015 11:41pm | Report
Yeah, I miss the nice old champion builders. Mokulu's League Simulator was the best of them, but it went down at the start of Season 4.
Teryd is still up, but it hasn't been updated since 4.18. That's more recent than leaguecraft, but it's still outdated.
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 2:11pm | Report
I've been playing around with "Champion Architect - League of Legends" from the Apple App store.

It keeps me entertained when I find myself out and about with time to kill.

I see Joxuu's point. I can build this awesome item build with this app, but it doesn't translate to anything I can use in game. As an example I made a Master Yi items set that is insanely high dps and attack speed, but it costs 17,300 to full build. I average closer to 12K during a game and the needs of the moment change it anyway.

It's fun to play with. I use it to test 1st and 2nd item possibilities but after that it all for fun.
Sandrino Rhys
<Member>
Sandrino Rhys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2015 7:53am | Report
lanilwow wrote:

It's fun to play with. I use it to test 1st and 2nd item possibilities but after that it all for fun.

This is, imo, only the beginning of what a build simulator is good for. You can use it to figure out:
-What runes give you the best burst or DPS at any given level
-What runes give you the most effective HP at any given level
-What item combinations give you the best power spikes(in terms of damage or effective health)
-How rune choices interact with items builds
-How all of these things change based on your champion

Basically, they're really really useful for optimizing your build paths, if you're looking specifically for a particular combination of stats on a particular champion. Teryd was one of the best sites for this, because you could even give yourself buffs/debuffs from other champs, baron, ect. Sadly, they stopped updating it, but it's still pretty decent I suppose...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide