Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AoE Master Evelynn

Creator: SuperJpg June 29, 2015 9:33am
SuperJpg
<Member>
SuperJpg's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2015 9:33am | Report
Hey guys!

Let me start off by saying I am not the best League of Legends player, but I am a Evelynn/jungle main. With the addition of Runeglaive in the latest patch I have been playtesting it in normals with a bunch of different champs in the jungle (ie Karthus, Diana, Evelynn, Ekko).

When I originally tried Evelynn with Runeglaive I just felt considerably weaker than using a Warrior + Trinity Force combo (Maybe it comes down to not playing enough with it?). So I went back to my typical Eve build which always worked for me...
Which is: "Warrior, Trinity Force, BotRK, Randuins, Mobi Boots, X".

However, last night I decided to give another go at Runeglaive. I wasn't quite yet ready to give up on it.
Instead of making a bruiser assassin Evelynn, I decided to take advantage of Runeglaive's AoE effect, and stack it with more AoE items. This way I could advantage of her stealth to help split push lanes and take turrets (Also AoE = More CS, and More CS = Profit).

I started by building a Stalkers - Runeglaive (I could have probably built a Ranger's, but Stalkers is great for pre-6 ganks with Eve, and Rangers might be useless with all the AoE Effects). Then I picked up a Tiamat to reset AAs and to clear waves faster. Afterwards I finished Luden's for more AoE potential, then finished Hydra. Then instead of picking up BotRK, I started built Statik Shiv for the attack speed, movement speed and the additional AoE effect.

So my AoE build now looked like this-
"Runeglaive, Ludens, Ravenous Hydra, Statik Shiv, Mobi Boots"

Every game was over before I could finish my build, so I will test it out in more games this week.
But in the games I did try it, I had roughly the same KDAs, but was clearing waves and split pushing lanes like a boss! Also I felt I had more of an impact on teamfights. I would wait for the enemy team to group up, then I'll use Eve's ulti on 3-4 people, and then run in and do insane amounts of damage to the entire enemy team with all the AoE effects.

Has anybody else tried this? I feel I might be onto something? Runeglaive AoE champs new meta? Haha just kidding.

But I would think a typical build might look like this-
"Runeglaive, Hydra, Luden's, Statik Shiv, Mobi Boots"

I was thinking the last item could be a defensive item (ie Randuin's) or another offensive item.
I think Luden's works with spellvamp, so maybe a Hextech Gunblade for more duelist potential?

Btw I was running a 25/2/3 mastery page, and a typical Eve rune page with AP/AD/Armor runes.
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2015 6:31am | Report
In my opinion... Runeglaive is not that good.
Because if you want to go AOE pushing, you can use Iceborn Gauntlet instead.

Iceborn give more solid mana pool and more effective spell-blade with good AOE slow.
And it also provide some armor which Evelynn should have because she is melee champ.

I think if you go AD, only Iceborn Gauntlet + Ravenous Hydra should be enough to clear wave like a boss.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide