Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

as/ap rumble?

Creator: caucheka May 10, 2011 3:08pm
1 2
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 1:21am | Report
Guinsoo's gives you AS and AP, not AS and AD. That's why it's so freaking awesome, because your passive scales with AP, and the more AS you have, the more you can hit while Overheated. And being Overheated does more damage than you would with your spells, especially if you have a Rageblade.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
MisterChris
<Member>
MisterChris's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 1:37am | Report
You need to note that you don't want to be constantly Overheated, you leave yourself vulnerable to ganks and other situations. Overheating is softening the blow, allowing you to be stronger but do less in terms of support.

That is why force overheating builds don't work as effectively as others.

Additionally, you are severely damaging your defensive capability. Rumble can be built a number of ways but glass cannon champions are not viable in the current meta game. By building a tanky-dps build you are compensating for you lack of survivability.
Current

Underway
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 2:03am | Report
Overheating = loosing your target.

You wont slow him with rylai, you wont slow him with E, you wont boost your speed with W... and you are not made for meleeing anyway... it is a last resort option.

Any1 that focuses on overheating is doing it wrong :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 4:32am | Report

You need to note that you don't want to be constantly Overheated, you leave yourself vulnerable to ganks and other situations.

I'm talking about teamfights, it's rather hard to get ganked in a teamfight, isn't it?

Overheating is softening the blow, allowing you to be stronger but do less in terms of support.

What are you talking about? In order to BE Overheated, you must have been using your spells constantly. That means a ton of CC (because you have Rylais) from your Q, helping the tank to initiate with W, and slowing squishies with E, and zoning with your ult.

That, and Rumble is not a support character. He's a hard anti-carry and offtank.

Additionally, you are severely damaging your defensive capability. Rumble can be built a number of ways but glass cannon champions are not viable in the current meta game. By building a tanky-dps build you are compensating for you lack of survivability.

Excuse me for getting a bit mad here, but when people don't even bother to think their argument through, and only have it there for the sake of having it there. No one has said anything about glass cannon. Guinsoo's, Rylai + Additional tank items are easily afforded because of your dominant laning, and hard farming capabilities. That, and you'll always get top - if not, chances are Rumble won't fit into your team composition anyway.

DEWO wrote:

Overheating = loosing your target.

You wont slow him with rylai, you wont slow him with E, you wont boost your speed with W... and you are not made for meleeing anyway... it is a last resort option.

That is just outright stupid. In a teamfight, you will W onto their carry, Q, E, ult for zoning, and repeat until you are Overheated. Additionally, your E gives you TWO slows. This means you can Overheat with E, and still have a slow if **** gets bad. Once you have laid on your combo, your target (say, Ashe), should be ~50% HP, severely slowed, have a flamethrower in her face, and an Overheated rumble beating the **** out of her - that means she dies.

Quoted:

That is why force overheating builds don't work as effectively as others

I'm not forcing Overheat. I am exploiting the huge advantage that it gives. Getting a Rageblade won't make your other abilities worse, will they? No. It will still provide AP (quite a bit when you're stacking, something that isn't hard with your low CDs and autoattacks), albeit your Rylais will admittedly come a little later if you decide to rush for it, but your farming is beast nonetheless, and getting a kill in the laning phase isn't entirely rare neither.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 12:05am | Report
it seems like not all of you got melariths point.

i actually like the idea, most people dont see the dmgpoint of overheat. if you actually averheat with flamespitter in a teamfight and build some as you could do decent dmg with it after shooting your skills and slows. or at least i think so.
as for this stretegy you want ap and as how about malady?

but you cant envest too much in this strategy or you would lose tankyness which is even more important for this tactic
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide