Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best 1v1 champ

Creator: FlamingWalrus November 8, 2011 4:52pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 8:30am | Report

And Duff you are wrong about Olaf. Warwick, Udyr, Trynd, Irelia and Nasus can beat him.

I have a standing offer until Olaf gets nerfed. I want to see who beats him and who doesn't.

Because of this, I will literally go against anybody in the world in a custom game with special rules. I don't care if it's HSGG, Dyrus, a nobody, etc.

The rules for the custom game are; 1v1 solo top, we go to first inhib. Might take 20 minutes but that way we know who wins early, who wins later, etc. It's a more comprehensive test.

And I guarantee I will trash all 4 of those champions.

(Hate to be "that guy" but a tank with 4k HP and 200 MR is absolutely gonna live through a Viegar combo :P Then again, it's not likely Viegar is gonna combo a tank.)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 8:33am | Report
GrimmFate wrote:

loooooooool

I'll say Udyr, and maybe tryn with a full bar of fury.

Not in lane.

Olaf crushes all of those champions he mentioned in lane with ease.

End game Tryn with FULL gear beats Olaf. I've never faced one of those in a real game because it never goes that long. I've also never faced an end game Udyr because it never goes that long >:P
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 8:49am | Report
Oh, in lane no doubt, What I was thinking of was end-game :o and I have faced end-game Udyr's It'd be a really long, drawn out fight honestly.

But Tryn with full gear would probably kill him. You know, he will kinda be critting two times every second for 1k damage minimum.(Assuming he is going a damage build :o)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 10:42am | Report
1v1...

Poppy, when she has any kind of terrain (wall) near her.
Malzahar, when there is nobody else there to stop his god-ult.
Veigar, when he wants to kill somebody in general.
Olaf, when he has his ult.

and... my favourite...

CC, when you want to shut a fool down (unless it is Olaf, then you better pray to your deity of choice he doesn't have his ult up).

Edit: By the the way, Trynd blows.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 10:46am | Report
It does kill him.

Me and a buddy farmed full gear and ran a few combos. I was forced to buy Thornmail and that worked really well :P

I had to kite him in circles and stuff though x_x
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 10:47am | Report
animorte wrote:

Edit: By the the way, Trynd blows.

Nooooooooo he doesn't.

He did before his rework but now he's very good.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 11:17am | Report
Well, since I first learned to despise him long ago, I have mastered the art of killing that bastard... with almost everybody. He is just far too ridiculously easy to counter.

I guess I could be more specific though. The Tryndamere that gets his ult and you never see him unless he has it available and only uses it for 3 seconds before using the rest of the time to run away, still not getting a kill because I countered that bastard so hard (despite the possible aid of his team) and half the time killing him anyway because I have great timing and I know his cooldowns... that Tryndamere blows.

That applies to almost every Tryndamere I have ever seen.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 11:42am | Report
I agree but he's a legitimate pick in a lot of solo top lanes.

As long as you understand what he is good at and when/why to pick him...

As long as you understand what lanes he wins and what lanes he loses and are realistic...

Then yeah, he can be a very strong pick imo ^_^
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 12:06pm | Report
GrimmFate wrote:

Oh, in lane no doubt, What I was thinking of was end-game :o and I have faced end-game Udyr's It'd be a really long, drawn out fight honestly.

But Tryn with full gear would probably kill him. You know, he will kinda be critting two times every second for 1k damage minimum.(Assuming he is going a damage build :o)

Nah, Olaf is the hard counter to off tank duelists.

Anyone who isn't ranged or isn't really special in their kit (I used to beat Olafs with Mordekaiser in 1v1's using DFG/Gunblade/WotA build) should never be able to beat olaf.

Renekton, WW, Udyr, Jax, Trynd, Irelia, and Nasus might beat him at different stages of the game, but never the whole game.

Nasus actually is REALLY bad against him the whole game.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 12:22pm | Report
Ren, Nasus, Garen, Udyr, Tryn, they're all free :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide