Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Brutalis - The Incredible Sulk

Creator: Dotter September 4, 2011 2:28pm
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2011 2:28pm | Report
Brutalis – The Incredible Sulk

Facts:
Name: Brutalis – The Incredible Sulk
Range:

Basic Idea:
Brutalis is a melee tank, who scales with both AD and AP. He has great initiation power and some rather strong harrassing. He uses mana for the use of his abilities. He is a raging rhino beast, who uses a flail for his attacks.

Look: Bigger than the average champion in LoL. A Rhino/human, who is walks on two legs uses a big ****ing flail when attacking.

Sounds:
When he uses his Q, he says: ”Swinging the paaaaw” like the villain in Kung Pow says ”swinging the claw”.

Base Stats:
Health: 460 (+ 100 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 2260 HP
Mana: 215 (+ 40 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 935 mana
Damage: 55 (3.33 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 115 dmg
Attack speed: 0.635 (+ 3.4% per lvl) ~~~~~> lvl 18: X AS
Range: 125 ~~~~~> lvl 18: 125 range
Armor: 14 (+3.75 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> 81.5 lvl 18:
Magic Resist: 30 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 30 MR
Health regen: 7.25 (+0.85 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 22.55 HP/5
Mana regen: 6.75 (+ 0.80 per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 21.15 Mana/5
Movement Speed: 310 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 310
Dodge: 0% (+X% per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 0% (chance)
Critical: 0% ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 0% (chance)

Skillset:

Passive – Catch me if you want
Brutalis takes 10% less damage when affected by CC.

Q- Swinging the paw
Brutalis charges to an enemy target and punches the target with his ”fist” dealing damage and slowing the enemy.
Deals 60/80/100/120/140(+0.5 AD) magic damage and slows the target with 24/28/32/36/40% for 4 seconds. If the target has his/her back turned towards it is stunned for 1.25 second.

Cooldown: 8 seconds
Mana cost: 65/70/75/80/85
Range: 450

W – Leather skin is luxury
Brutalis' leather skin defends him against enemy attacks.
Passive: Brutalis gains 20/21/22/23/24% dodge chance for 6/7/8/9/10 seconds if he is hit by CC. This effect can occur every 15th second.(cooldown starts when effect wears off).
Active: Brutalis gains 7/8/9/10/11 armor each time he dodges an autoattack and 15 magic resistance when he is hit by a spell . (passive still works while active is on CD).
Duration: 8 seconds
Cooldown: 20 seconds (cooldown starts after the effect wears off)
Mana cost: 70

E – I whip my flail back and forth
Brutalis swings his flail to hit a target and deal 70/80/90/100/110(+0.70 AP) magic damage. If the target is above 40% HP the flail sticks to the target and pulls it back to Brutalis. If the enemy is below 40% health the target is feared for 1.25 seconds.

Cooldown: 13 seconds
Mana cost: 105
Range: 550
Skillshot (works like Blitzcrank's pull)

R (ultimate) – Rhino Frenzy
- Brutalis charges to a location in rage, smashing targets hit to either his left or rigt side, depending on which side of Brutalis the target is when hit.
Deals 150/225/300(+0.45AP and 0.5 extra AD)

Cooldown: 130/115/100 seconds
Mana Cost: 100 on all levels
Range: 700
(Works kinda like Malphite's Unstoppable Force

What are your thoughts on this fella? OP? UP? Broken? Awesome? Throw your opinion at me bro!
Zesty
<Member>
Zesty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2011 8:24pm | Report
His passive seems a bit redundant IMO - I'd say detect a random hero within a certain range (in this case, 3000) up his speed a little. That might be broke, but if the range on that is global, it just seems dumb to me.

And for clarification, his ult is a Malph ult that knockbacks people a certain direction depending on where they were hit?
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2011 3:33am | Report
kind of, yeah. You can't knock them back though. Only to one of Brutalis' sides.
Perhaps the passive should be changed, I just liked the idea of showing a random enemy, since it gives some map awareness. But as I read the skillset now, it doesn't really fit his kit.
So I've completely changed the passive to something more fitting.
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2011 9:31am | Report
Nice passive

Uhm.... The heal on Q seems random and out of place. It means that if you're chasing someone with it, you'll.... heal yourself? o.o

I would make it a stun or something that helps chasing or screwing over out of position people.

W is the most unreliable spell ever. He needs to be hit by CC then needs to be hit by a ton of auto attacks or a couple of spells. Oh yeah, plus the dodge chance lasts 5 seconds and the W lasts 15. You're depending on SO much for this spell to be useful... You need to be hit by CC three times and be hit by a ton of spells or even more auto attacks to get a bad amount of armor and MR (45 at max rank >.>)

How would I change this (because I do like the idea of it)?

Up the time you gain the dodge chance and up the armor and MR bonus, lower the duration slightly but also remove the max stacks.

I don't like the fear on E because it means that if a full HP person is out of position, it doesn't matter, but if we swapped the fear and pull it would mean that low HP people could escape much easier. HOWEVER, I feel like we can't remove the fear without adding something else so it isn't another Blitz pull (shudder).

And while we're at it, this spell is doing a little too much. Damage, Blitz pull and fear? It feels like we combined Nocturne's E and Blitz's Q.

So what if we buffed the mana cost, lowered the AP scaling teeny bit, lowered the range and upped the fear? IDK, your call.

The ult is... pretty balanced IMO. The only thing I would change is the whole cursor part. I would just made them go to whatever side of Brutalis they were on. I think them being flung to the cursor would be bad for newer people and rather annoying if you weren't thinking about where your cursor would be. But that's just me, having a controllable direction changes it from a disruption tool to a shepherding kinda thing.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2011 11:27am | Report
I actually agree with you on the things you've listed, and tried to change and balance the skillset.
How does this look?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide