Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Champ Suggest] Sobi - The Big Bad Imp

Creator: Dzeno January 14, 2012 11:41am
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 11:41am | Report
This is my new champion called Sobi - The Big Bad Imp:
My latest work of art, it's certainly new and innovative, he's an AD carry
His passive is certainly unique, wich defines him in a big way, it just says I can adapt easily to situation changes in distance, it doesn't matter if you shoot at me or hit me, i will still attack back.
Also his W is based on this, and partially his Ult, he normally has a melee auto-attack range, but this can be easily changed.

The numbers presented here are NOT final and require public feedback for proper balancing.
However please give constructive feedback.

Any sugestions what so ever, even for creating a whole different ability, different numbers, others names, they are welcome, certainly if they are constructive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Base stats and Tags:
Health : 4 out of 10
Attacks : 9 out of 10
Spells : 5 out of 10
Difficulty : 7 out of 10

Tags:
Melee, carry, slow, tough (,ranged)

Stats:
Health: X (+ X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X HP
Damage: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X dmg
Attack speed: 0.X (+ X% per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X AS
Range: 150 melee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 150 range
Armor: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X Arm
Magic Resist: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X MR
Health regen: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X HP/5
Mana regen: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X HP/5
Movement Speed: 310 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 310 MS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abilities:

Passive(innate):
After every 9 seconds his auto-attack range is increased to 600 range his next auto-attack. This attack shoots 1 big needle and 2 smaller ones, doing respectively from first to last, 110% damage, 70% and 40%, also counting as a normal attack and thus applying on-hit effects and such. The smaller needles will fly straight after hitting the first target up till the maxium range. A needle dissappears after having hit an enemy

(#note: when the needles are already flying towards the enemy and the runs out of the 600 range, the first projectile will still hit just like a normal auto-attack would, however the secondary needles dissapear since they have passed the 600 range mark.
Also, under normal circumstances an enemy would only be hit by one of the 3 needles, only if an enemy would flash in front of the secondary needles the could be hit twice.
)

Q Thorned Leg of the ancient:
Passive: Every basic attack on the same enemy grants you 3% lifesteal against that enemy for 2 seconds, can stack up to 6 times.

On your next attack you stamp down on your enemy, doing an additional 20/45/70/95/120 (+0.7 AP) magic damage, applying on-hit effects, removing the stacks and healing for 15/20/25/30/35 (+0.15 AP) per stack. This does not stack with his passive (range is no further than 175).

(#note: also resets attack counter)

CD: 14
Mana cost: 90
Range: 175 (you gain 25 range on the your next melee auto-attack)

W :
Passive: you gain 5/10/15/20/25% bonus attack speed

Active: you channel for 0.5 sec after which you starting shooting millions of needles in a narrow beam wich follows your cursor. (Imagine this being a beam like xerath's Arconopulse but a bit narrower, this beam then follows your mouse cursor, however the beam can only follow you mouse cursor at a maximum set speed)

Upon entering the beam an enemy receives 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.3 AD) physical damage and every 0.5 seconds they stay in the beam after the first hit they receive 15/20/25/30/35 (+0.2 AD) physical damage.
Also all enemies hit have their MS decreased by 25% for 1 sec, but your own MS is also decreased by 10% while the skill is active.
When the skill ends you gain a 5% MS boost for every 100 damage done.
The maximum duration of the skill is 0.5 (+1 AS) seconds.
The skill can be turned off by reactivating it.

CD: 13/12/11/10/9 or 13/12/12/11/11 seconds
Mana cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana
Range: 600

E (with special thanks to Naxxistrasza):
Sobi channels for 0.5 sec, jumping to target enemy/location and partially digging himself in, increasing his armor and magic resistance by 15/25/35/45/55, but becoming immobile.
He can stay burried for 3 sec, all enemies on top of him are slowed by 30% and dealt 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.4 AP) magic damage per sec. If he targeted a enemy he will constantly shoot spikes up the ground at that enemy, dealing 10% of his auto attacks in dmg and slowing them 15% for 1 sec. 1 spike for each 0.5 seconds, so the visual seems like the enemy is constantly stabbed from beneath.When he jumps out (he can jump out earlier by reactivating the ability), he gains 25% MS.buff for 3 sec.

CD: 15
Mana cost: 90
Range to target enemy/location: 450
Radius above him: 75 range

R Chopper pull :
You start spinning like rammus, but instead you can't move. Doing 75/150/225 (+0.4 AD) physical damage per 0.75 seconds to every enemy around you in a 200 range radius, you can keep spinning for 2 (+1AS) sec. Also you can now fire a grepple hook like a skillshot (like blitz's Rocket Grab), pulling an enemy toward you if their procentual HP is equal or lower than yours or stunning them when their procentual HP is higher for 1 (+0.05*difference in percentage) sec, capping at 3.5 sec. Enemies hit with the hook are also dealed 100/200/300 (+0.9AP) magic damage.
After firing the grepple hook is fired the ultimate ends and thus you stop spinning.

The range of the grepple hook skillshot increases gradually over time until it's maximum range, starting at 25% range at the 0 second counter and reaching 100% range atfter 4 seconds

CD: 120/100/80 sec
Mana cost: 125/175/225
Maximum range: 1000/1750/2500

Sounds:

Upon selection:

Also at random times:

When casting ult:

attacking:

casting Q:

casting W:

casting E

casting R:

Joke 1:

Looks of the champion itself:
Here's a drawing of how I think he should look more or less
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8310/sobibigbadimp.png
*******http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8310/sobibigbadimp.png[/IMG]

Looks of the abilities:
Passsive:

Q:

W:

E:

R:

Story (WIP):

Quoted:
FAQ
About his passive, the 2nd and 3rd needle fly straight right? meaning they can be dodged?:
Yes, indeed they can be dodged.

gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Passive seems alright, but I'm a teeny bit confused. Do the needles pass through multiple units?

Quoted:
smaller needles will fly straight after hitting the first target

That's what made me o.o

The Q passive is a little awkward.

I would make the passive 3% at all levels. This is because early game you gotta have balls to attack the same person 6 times, and 6% lifesteal isn't enough reward for that risk, but it won't do anything to his late game.

I probably asked you this on another thread, but please explain how the attack speed scaling will work for the W duration. Otherwise the spell is fun, cool little beam of death. Also I would remove his own movespeed debuff and replace it with a slightly weaker version of his movespeed buff. This is because generally with spells like this (well, the only one I can think of is Flamespitter) you want to be able to chase with it. Also, around how fast is the beam?

E: Lurker? :D I like it. I would remove the damage for being on top of him and increase the spike attack damage. But that's really a matter of opinion, I just wanna make it more lurker-y XD.

And for the ult I would make it either deal less damage or make it damage per second - just a little tweak. I like it.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 2:13pm | Report
gwadzila wrote:

Passive seems alright, but I'm a teeny bit confused. Do the needles pass through multiple units?

Every time the needles hit a unit 1 of the needles dissappears and the others pass through.

gwadzila wrote:

That's what made me o.o

The Q passive is a little awkward.

I would make the passive 3% at all levels. This is because early game you gotta have balls to attack the same person 6 times, and 6% lifesteal isn't enough reward for that risk, but it won't do anything to his late game.

I totally agree :p, i will change that

gwadzila wrote:

I probably asked you this on another thread, but please explain how the attack speed scaling will work for the W duration. Otherwise the spell is fun, cool little beam of death. Also I would remove his own movespeed debuff and replace it with a slightly weaker version of his movespeed buff. This is because generally with spells like this (well, the only one I can think of is Flamespitter) you want to be able to chase with it. Also, around how fast is the beam?

How does it scale with AS? well your AS normally ranges between 0.6 and 2.5 (2.5 is the cap and your base AS is always higher than 0.6), this means if you 2.1 AS, and the scaling is (+1 AS) it ads 2.1, in the case of this champion that's 2.1 seconds in both cases.
I have the own MS debuff, this will require you to hit your enemy before you can chase, if you hit them then they will be easy pray. But will think about.
I don't now exactly how fast the beam should be able to turn, this should be tested I think.

gwadzila wrote:
E: Lurker? :D I like it. I would remove the damage for being on top of him and increase the spike attack damage. But that's really a matter of opinion, I just wanna make it more lurker-y XD.

And for the ult I would make it either deal less damage or make it damage per second - just a little tweak. I like it.

What's lurker ??? :S (I'm not english so yeah :p)

The thing with the ult is, you cannot moce and the radius is very small, but decreasing it a bit wouldn't hurt

And thank you very much for your comment
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 5:55pm | Report
Lurker is a unit from Starcraft that does exactly what your E does =P
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 6:07pm | Report
Lol gwadzilla your right it does resemble a lurker =P also the whole champ reminds me of a hydra
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2012 8:08am | Report
Btw what do you think in general of this champion?

What do other people think about this champion?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide